Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Which Front Mount To Get?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2008, 11:53 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It is a tight fit being that thick but no cutting at all. These two links below helped me do the install and understand what was involved ahead of time. It is a one fit application that will handle all the power levels you will ever need .

http://www.buschurforums.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=21016
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=343011

Originally Posted by ilive2win
so the buschur fmic is best because its thicker than everyone else? or did i miss something else? hows the fit? any cutting in the bumper to make it fit right?
Old Aug 21, 2008, 12:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had to cut the bumper support beam a little to install my Buschur. As per their instructions.
Old Aug 21, 2008, 12:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Not because the core is thick, because the core is well designed along with the tanks. The fitment does require a small tin shield on the back side of the bumper to be cut. There are installation instructions on our website and junction just posted a link to that.

Just because a core is thick doesn't make it the worst or the best. Through testing and measurements of pressure drop and intake temps we've found products that work and make power, those are the ONLY products we build.
Old Aug 21, 2008, 12:10 PM
Evolving Member

good to know, does anyone have any gain numbers on these front mounts? i have intake, hard pipe installed right now with the artisan carbon/ti on order and am getting a tune after i get the front mount and lower icp and boost controller
Old Aug 21, 2008, 12:18 PM
Evolved Member

Ams Ftw
Old Aug 21, 2008, 12:18 PM
Account Disabled

Ive put many different sized cores on my various cars...i won't go thicker than 3.5" on a car that is driven often, especially here in Arizona. Any thicker and the car runs noticably hotter. Im also not convinced there is any reason to go thicker on 99.999% of applications. We have a car that put down 900whp on a 3.5" core in a 112 deg dyno room, IAT's where right where they should be, your not going to cool below ambient anyways. I do beleive endtank design is important, to attempt to utilize the whole core goes along way, since the core is a restriction in a sense...

*Edit* Im talking about Garrett cores here BTW. I won't use anything else and haven't found anything better yet.

Last edited by AFI Turbo; Aug 21, 2008 at 12:20 PM.
Old Aug 21, 2008, 12:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
The quality of our FMIC's cannot be beat. There is NO better FMIC for the EVO8-9 or X you can buy. We've made sure of that.

We have the largest core available for the EVOX to make sure the unit does it's job of cooling and providing low pressure drop. The quickest/fastest EVOX in the world right now runs our FMIC on it, Big Valley's.
And I'm quite sure Carrito's evo, which is the quickest in the world, does not run a Buschur Front mount. They run AMS. Too much misinformation. Which is exactly what I dislike about vendors.
Old Aug 21, 2008, 12:38 PM
Evolving Member

well thats why i posted this thread. i wanted to get information, even from the vendors, and sometimes people get called out and say there's is the best, and thats what i want, i dont care how think it is or what it looks like, i race my X and want it for performance purposes and just wanted to know what everyone thought about different front mounts cuz thats whats next on my list.
now some people say ams is the way to go, but why ams? why is it better to you than buschur? buschur explained to me why they are better than the rest as well as ets
does anyone have numbers when dynoed with an aftermarket front mount with the kind of mods im putting on my X?
Old Aug 21, 2008, 12:43 PM
Former Sponsor

Ets!
Old Aug 21, 2008, 12:44 PM

Anyone know the pressure drop on some of these intercoolers?
Old Aug 21, 2008, 12:45 PM
Evolved Member

does anyone have numbers when dynoed with an aftermarket front mount with the kind of mods im putting on my X?
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=362596
Old Aug 21, 2008, 12:49 PM
Evolved Member

Honestly man, AMS and Buschur are the two best Evo parts manufacturers in the US. And they both are known for having awesome intercoolers. I'm biased, so I'm not gonna try to talk up AMS anymore. But FACT is - The AMS intercooler will not require any cutting or hacking anything up. The Buschur will. If this is not important, then toss a coin. It's really that close. The AMS core is 20" wide, 12.4 " tall, and 3.625" thick. Not as thick, but slightly longer and higher. Pressure drop is uknown for the Buschur piece, but AMS only got a 1 psi drop.

Edit - and by the way, ETS pieces are very nice as well. So if you wanted to go even larger than Buschur's or AMS's, there's your ticket.
Old Aug 21, 2008, 12:54 PM
Evolved Member

i dont care how think it is or what it looks like, i race my X and want it for performance purposes
Just look at which shop is pumping out all of the fast cars and you'll know which company you want to deal with. There is a reason the cars they build are consistently fast and starting with superior parts is a big part of it.

Last edited by SloRice; Aug 21, 2008 at 12:57 PM.
Old Aug 21, 2008, 01:31 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
The biggest difference between us and some others is that all we do is design and manufacture product Our facility is set up specifically to do that, which is why we have some of the best manufacturing processes in the industry. We don't work on or build customer cars which allows us to focus on product quality, pricing, options and availability. We do every step of production in-house including the mandrel bending, which in addition to focusing purely on manufacturing is a big part of the reason we have so many options, have the shop team capable of such high quality work and can build production style allowing us to sell the best built parts at reasonable prices

Tom
Old Aug 21, 2008, 01:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ETS Tom
The biggest difference between us and some others is that all we do is design and manufacture product Our facility is set up specifically to do that, which is why we have some of the best manufacturing processes in the industry. We don't work on or build customer cars which allows us to focus on product quality, pricing, options and availability. We do every step of production in-house including the mandrel bending, which in addition to focusing purely on manufacturing is a big part of the reason we have so many options, have the shop team capable of such high quality work and can build production style allowing us to sell the best built parts at reasonable prices

Tom
Not to be a bish but how come many of the ETS products that come out are usually not followed up by some proven numbers and testing.... AIT temps etc?? it is one thing to make a product look great, priced well and advertised once the manufacturing side of it is done but there follows allot of trust. I like to see numbers, facts and old fashion prove to me why I should buy this antics

Quick Reply: Which Front Mount To Get?