Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Which Front Mount To Get?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2008, 09:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well for one I dont know how you could possible think any other than ETS!
The quality of work is unbeatable! Every piece that leaves the shop is like a work of art.. and is all done IN HOUSE! So you know its right.. AND not only do u get a top notch quality part!! You get awesome awesome customer service.. I mean its like none other they take pride in everything that comes out of there and if there is something wrong they will go the lengths to make it right for you until you are happy.. Like I said ..I wouldnt choose any other!! ETS FTW

I mean look at the pics they speak for themselvs Great prices and top notch parts/work! What else could u ask for!

Originally Posted by ETS Tom
It was probably my post that you read, as we do have a 5" EVO X intercooler Another point to note is that not only do we have the most options but our core is also 20" wide where some others use an 18" wide core. All of the airflow to the radiator goes through the IC opening, thus a wider core will allow for not only more airflow to the radiator, but also larger frontal surface area.

We offer our EVO X intercooler in 3", 3.5", 4" and 5" thicknesses priced at $499, $599, $699 and $799 respectively. Everything up to and including the 4" fits behind the bumper beam with ZERO mods to the car! The LICP is $259 alone or can be combined with an intercooler or intercooler and UICP to make a complete kit for additional discount.

You will get similar performance results from all of the reputable brand intercoolers, so build quality, fitment, price and service are IMO the biggest factors to consider. We feel we are at the top of the market in each of those categories and I welcome the opportunity to prove it

Some pictures for reference

LICP installed:

The whole kit:

And just the LICP:

Feel free to get a hold of me with any questions!

Tom
Old Aug 22, 2008, 10:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 4g63smokinall4s
Well for one I dont know how you could possible think any other than ETS!
The quality of work is unbeatable! Every piece that leaves the shop is like a work of art.. and is all done IN HOUSE! So you know its right.. AND not only do u get a top notch quality part!! You get awesome awesome customer service.. I mean its like none other they take pride in everything that comes out of there and if there is something wrong they will go the lengths to make it right for you until you are happy.. Like I said ..I wouldnt choose any other!! ETS FTW

I mean look at the pics they speak for themselvs Great prices and top notch parts/work! What else could u ask for!
Wow, good thing everyone on EvoM isn't like this guy. We'd all have slow cars but the aftermarket parts would be "works of art"

When buying performance parts, performance comes first, everything else is a distant second.

Does ETS have 10 second pump gas cars? No
Does AMS have 10 second pump gas cars? No
Does English Racing have 10 second pump gas cars? No
Does TTR have 10 second pump gas cars? No

And I'm not talking shop cars....I'm talking customer cars....many of them.

There is only one choice. Everything else is a distant second.
Old Aug 22, 2008, 10:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SloRice
Wow, good thing everyone on EvoM isn't like this guy. We'd all have slow cars but the aftermarket parts would be "works of art"

When buying performance parts, performance comes first, everything else is a distant second.

Does ETS have 10 second pump gas cars? No
Does AMS have 10 second pump gas cars? No
Does English Racing have 10 second pump gas cars? No
Does TTR have 10 second pump gas cars? No

And I'm not talking shop cars....I'm talking customer cars....many of them.

There is only one choice. Everything else is a distant second.

Well im not gonna get into a dick swinging contest.. but there are numerous cars that infact run low 11s with stock blocks/internals and stock heads on ETS parts.. Im sure ur stock to huh
Yes buschur has been in the game for aloooooooooong time.. So wait does that mean everyother shop cant compare to them? Just glad to see people think logically is all.. And happy to see you have time on your hands to attack my post Enough back to the OP
Old Aug 22, 2008, 11:01 AM
Evolving Member

this thread is like a soap opera, haha, i didnt mean to start any arguments between people and venders, i just wanted a little more info on front mounts before i made a purchase
Old Aug 22, 2008, 11:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
There are quite a few factors that can impact how you gauge performance of parts, and even a dyno has faults as far as directly comparing one setup to another. I've never seen a dyno fan that duplicates airflow of driving over 30 mph which can effect IC efficiency quite a bit. We will see how my car does with mostly ETS parts on the quarter mile once my clutch is installed and broken in. Overall I've been happy with the parts but I would have to say that on the dyno Buschur's parts seem to have the biggest gains because they are tested and I think people appreciate that extra step. His cars are no slug on the track either so it does mean something to test your parts before bringing them to market.

I think Dave's Evo X made 308 AWHP and 308 AWTQ without a testpipe/DP compared to my car on the same Mustang Dyno. Of course the cars are different, and after finding out Hess 93 gas has methanol mixed in I can see why Al may have had trouble getting more power out of it last Friday. I also think my BOV was leaking a bit past 24 PSI which could be part of why my car didn't want to gain much with any higher boost. Since then I've made a few tweaks and the car is a little faster, responds to boost better and I bet another dyno run would yield higher numbers now.

I guess we will see what kind of trap speeds I can come up with in the next couple weeks, I mean all the parts are within a few percent of each other. The real numbers will come when I get a Dominator 2 sized turbo so that I can hold the boost I want to redline.
Old Aug 22, 2008, 11:33 AM
Evolved Member

Buschur Racing FTW. They have the largest core and great gains. Great quality and performance from their stuff.
Old Aug 22, 2008, 01:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4g63smokinall4s
Well im not gonna get into a dick swinging contest.. but there are numerous cars that infact run low 11s with stock blocks/internals and stock heads on ETS parts.. Im sure ur stock to huh
Yes buschur has been in the game for aloooooooooong time.. So wait does that mean everyother shop cant compare to them? Just glad to see people think logically is all.. And happy to see you have time on your hands to attack my post Enough back to the OP
Buschur cars run high 10's on stock internals. What's your point?

Every shop out there has the right to compare themselves to Buschur Racing. But until they step up to the plate and pump out the calibur of cars that BR does, They are still just 2nd place in my eyes.
Old Aug 22, 2008, 01:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ETS Tom
David,
We totally understand and respect your business model, which in reality is quite different from ours. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree here. We put out product that performs, is proven time and again and have some of the happiest and most satisfied customers in the industry. Our first priority is always the customer, so in the name of keeping things civil and allowing this thread to serve its initial purpose, happy Friday guys

Tom

pure class. I respect that comment more than anything I have read today.
Old Aug 22, 2008, 02:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ilive2win
this thread is like a soap opera, haha, i didnt mean to start any arguments between people and venders, i just wanted a little more info on front mounts before i made a purchase
I answered it for you in the 2nd post bud... go with it, you'll be happy

You didnt didnt do anything wrong. This is an open forum for disscusion everyone is here to help 1 another out. With the posted video, your question is answered

Originally Posted by J5isalive2

pure class. I respect that comment more than anything I have read today.
Cause a nice and sweet comment will get you HP and performance
Old Aug 22, 2008, 08:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by vwjeff

Cause a nice and sweet comment will get you HP and performance
No because for once someone shows some self restraint and instead of bashing another vendor he takes the highroad and kindly sees his way out of the thread, it shows restraint, it shows that he believes in what he builts, it tells alot about his character and his respect towards others, which you can attribute into what kind of customer support he is willing to give.

This thread is a huge nut swinging contest anyways... its about as rediculous as the JDM vs. USA thread.
Old Aug 26, 2008, 12:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by vwjeff
WOW this thread blew up

Because you guys dont proly go into the 8/9 sections here is the link to his original post... then the video that put it to rest.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=353031

Watch this and all you problems will be solved.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUk9A0soWhY
I guess no one posting in this thread is watching this vid.
Old Aug 26, 2008, 01:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Steve@NrgTech
I don't even need to watch the video. If Al did the testing, I'm sure the Buschur FMIC is the best according to his results. He just about blows DB every time he makes a video or posts on here.
Old Aug 26, 2008, 01:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Thegame
I don't even need to watch the video. If Al did the testing, I'm sure the Buschur FMIC is the best according to his results. He just about blows DB every time he makes a video or posts on here.
I agree with you on that COMPLETELY, and its said that someone unbias didnt do the test, but unless they're going out of their way to fix it, its pretty cut and dry.
Old Aug 26, 2008, 05:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
thegame, I even agree with you. The fact of the matter is though, in that particular video the customer was there and supervised the entire thing because he was upset with what was being said. I can assure you that the owner of the car would not have gone along with anything as he and I had words between us a few weeks prior to the testing.
Old Aug 26, 2008, 08:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Steve@NrgTech
Steve afew have but I guess us "nutswingers" as J5isalive2 would say... the others work better cause the guy beleives in what he builds

Quick Reply: Which Front Mount To Get?