Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Which Front Mount To Get?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2008, 07:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which Front Mount To Get?

im in the market to get a front mount intercooler and lower hard pipe and dont know which one to get, anyone have any suggestions? what are the power gains? any info would be great, thank you in advance!
Old Aug 20, 2008, 07:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Buschur, top notch welds, fitment, and performance
Old Aug 20, 2008, 08:05 PM
Evolved Member

I'm in the same boat. Not a big fan of Buscher parts as the quality is definitely not up to the level of others out there. I would PM turbo26tsi as he has some interesting options.
Old Aug 20, 2008, 08:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Guru
I'm in the same boat. Not a big fan of Buscher parts as the quality is definitely not up to the level of others out there. I would PM turbo26tsi as he has some interesting options.
Good bro, good 1
Old Aug 20, 2008, 10:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Guru
Nothing against Buschur, but I agree I went Perrin! Ill let you know how it goes when mine comes in!

Im pretty sure most the big names out there get the same/close results, So Bushur, AMS, Perrin, ARC or what ever brands ***** your swinging from you probly can't go wrong. Just some of them pay more attention to little details, quality welds, etc. that I would want on a 35k plus car! but thats just me being picky

Last edited by Massappeal; Aug 20, 2008 at 10:13 PM.
Old Aug 20, 2008, 10:14 PM
Evolving Member

^^ im the same way, and i figured that they would mostly get the same gains, i just dont know which one to get
Old Aug 21, 2008, 07:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Massappeal
Nothing against Buschur, but I agree I went Perrin! Ill let you know how it goes when mine comes in!

Im pretty sure most the big names out there get the same/close results, So Bushur, AMS, Perrin, ARC or what ever brands ***** your swinging from you probly can't go wrong. Just some of them pay more attention to little details, quality welds, etc. that I would want on a 35k plus car! but thats just me being picky
let us know how that testing goes... with your logs and such. dave buschur showed us how well the testing went with his FMIC.

if your perrin does better I will buy 1 for my X and sell my buschur FMIC
Old Aug 21, 2008, 07:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
The quality of our FMIC's cannot be beat. There is NO better FMIC for the EVO8-9 or X you can buy. We've made sure of that.

We have the largest core available for the EVOX to make sure the unit does it's job of cooling and providing low pressure drop. The quickest/fastest EVOX in the world right now runs our FMIC on it, Big Valley's.
Old Aug 21, 2008, 07:38 AM
Evolving Member

Arc
Old Aug 21, 2008, 09:00 AM
Evolving Member

Buschur's has the largest core @ 4.5". Good to 1000whp.
AMS's products are top notch as well and you can buy their prototype for $600 right now! https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=364855

Lower Pipe gives no gains from what I have heard. So its only an appearance mod.
Old Aug 21, 2008, 09:02 AM
Evolved Member

Turbo XS
Old Aug 21, 2008, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

I thought i read somewhere that someone made a 5" core fit?
Old Aug 21, 2008, 09:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
The quality of our FMIC's cannot be beat. There is NO better FMIC for the EVO8-9 or X you can buy. We've made sure of that.

We have the largest core available for the EVOX to make sure the unit does it's job of cooling and providing low pressure drop. The quickest/fastest EVOX in the world right now runs our FMIC on it, Big Valley's.
+10, I have the buschur 4.5" and I had the buschur race core on my 9. They cannot be beat.

Originally Posted by orugacoja
Arc
I have to heavily disagree on this one. its about 3" thick and I doubt it could perform anywhere near the way buschur's core does.
Old Aug 21, 2008, 10:31 AM
Evolving Member

so the buschur fmic is best because its thicker than everyone else? or did i miss something else? hows the fit? any cutting in the bumper to make it fit right?
Old Aug 21, 2008, 10:53 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by Rguy
I thought i read somewhere that someone made a 5" core fit?
It was probably my post that you read, as we do have a 5" EVO X intercooler Another point to note is that not only do we have the most options but our core is also 20" wide where some others use an 18" wide core. All of the airflow to the radiator goes through the IC opening, thus a wider core will allow for not only more airflow to the radiator, but also larger frontal surface area.

We offer our EVO X intercooler in 3", 3.5", 4" and 5" thicknesses priced at $499, $599, $699 and $799 respectively. Everything up to and including the 4" fits behind the bumper beam with ZERO mods to the car! The LICP is $259 alone or can be combined with an intercooler or intercooler and UICP to make a complete kit for additional discount.

You will get similar performance results from all of the reputable brand intercoolers, so build quality, fitment, price and service are IMO the biggest factors to consider. We feel we are at the top of the market in each of those categories and I welcome the opportunity to prove it

Some pictures for reference

LICP installed:

The whole kit:

And just the LICP:

Feel free to get a hold of me with any questions!

Tom

Last edited by ETS Michael; Aug 21, 2008 at 11:08 AM.

Quick Reply: Which Front Mount To Get?