Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

The Artisan Carbon/ti Exhaust Review

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2009, 12:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you look quite happy in the 5th picture
Old Mar 1, 2009, 07:50 PM
Evolving Member

http://www.scionlife.com/forums/view...sc&&start=1080

Buyers beware of the guy behind this exhaust. Towards the bottom of the page it talks about a guy named kenny strickler who ripped off a bunch of scion tC owners. Below is from the link above.

Going to bump this because Kenny is at it again.

Found this video and it's of the new "Artisan" exhaust that was made for the new EVO X. At the beginning you see the turbochargers.com banner at the bottom, also the video was posted by the user turbochargers.com, you also see a sign that says "Texas rebuild" on it, guessing the name of that shop, which I have heard the owner is also a shady character. But if you watch towards the end right after the pull before the camera turns away, you clearly see the spikey haired thief stick his head around the door.

I posted this because I'm sure soon enough this exhaust and others will start getting put up for sale on evolutionm.net. I think it would be best if a thread was started warning everyone of this shady character. I was going to do it but haven't had the time, so if someone else wants to go at it, then go ahead. If not then I will eventually make one.

It would be best for everyone that was screwed on here to register on there and post up their experience with Kenny Strickler so that way he doesn't get anyone elses money. Make sure those guys don't get screwed like you guys did over here.

Figured you guys would want to know what he's up to now-a-days....

Last edited by PWevo; Mar 1, 2009 at 09:05 PM.
Old Mar 1, 2009, 08:01 PM
Evolving Member

really??? i never had a problem with this company
Old Mar 1, 2009, 08:59 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah, I used to own a tC before my Evo. I had bought a turbo kit for it and after getting the run around for 3 months about when it was gonna ship I got a refund. I was lucky, a lot of other people didn't get their money back in time and still haven't years later. This guy has jumped around to different companies, scamming countless people.
Old Mar 2, 2009, 04:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
i didn't had any problem so far. Everything as promised and the xhaust after a year and 11kmile + works great and looks good too.

what you say about him is a big deal , i hope it is not true. Not to discredit you , just because if its true ....
Old Apr 9, 2010, 10:47 AM

I have the same setup. Love the sound but holy crap is it ever loud! I live in Cali too and it's only a matter of time before I get nailed for too much noise. Just called and ordered the silencer for it. My car is a daily driver - about 80 miles a day so I have to balance noise with sanity. I know the silencer will choke things down a bit, but for me that's the price I have to pay.
For those that don't like the carbon...one good point is that it doesn't get hot. Less chance of melting the plastic in back.

Cheers!
Old Apr 12, 2010, 06:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 4G63
It looks like it hangs low at the diffuser...maybe its just the angle of your pic
I noticed that too and was going to get this exhaust but I have a super steep driveway so I didn't but now I wish I got this exhaust.... looks sexy.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 06:24 PM
JEP
Evolving Member

Artisan exhaust sits very low! Ive had it for over a Year now its very loud which I like, but I do think they should change the angle right before the muffler to keep it from being so low...
Old Apr 15, 2010, 02:31 PM

Alright, I am ready for the old guy comments but I just took it off and went back to stock for now. Just couldn't take the noise inside the car. As I said I drive a sh*t-load of miles and the drone was just bugging me. Plus its so loud I was always driving around with my butt puckered waiting to get pulled over. Thinking of trying the Tanabe Medallion Touring. If only I had more $$$.