Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

FP Red Tuned

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2008, 05:21 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Petey Turbo
Before we start this I think we should also take into consideration that different dyno's read different numbers..Wheras your car makes 350whp on Ivey's dynojet and mine makes within 10 hp on a different dyno, yet my car hits the traps almost 10mph higher then yours on a smaller turbo and shifting to 5th gear with a heavier car..Just for comparison..I would be happy with the guys results, it's obvious the boost needs to be turned up for it to move some air but most sane people will refuse to do it on a customers car on pump gas because it could very easily go south really quick..If it were me I would not run it any higher then 25psi on pump gas as well..Time for meth or race gas, or of course E85..
Wow Petey are you busting my ***** about the slow traps? Come on man I thought local guys stuck together I think I need a driver mod. Anyway I understand that the tuner is just being safe. I'm just in a bad mood cuz I still don't have my Red yet. I'm sure OP will be fine once he gets some meth.
Old Nov 8, 2008, 05:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Import Junky
Wow Petey are you busting my ***** about the slow traps? Come on man I thought local guys stuck together I think I need a driver mod. Anyway I understand that the tuner is just being safe. I'm just in a bad mood cuz I still don't have my Red yet. I'm sure OP will be fine once he gets some meth.
lol I am in a bad mood as well, rough day at the shop today after I tuned my car
I didn't mean to bust your ***** at all I just wanted to point out that aspect and the comparison just seemed so tempting and extreme If it is in your sig you can only expect to get criticizim

I would be on edge waiting for a red as well man, my boost goes from 30 to 20 in a blink of an eye

And if you are planning on running pumpgas with the red, don't expect numbers much higher then the green at moderate boost..Time to man up and get meth or something

Last edited by PeteyTurbo; Nov 8, 2008 at 05:33 PM.
Old Nov 8, 2008, 05:36 PM
Account Disabled

Oh don't you worry. I got the HFS-5 all hooked up. Headstuds, FP4R's, Springs, Ported Exhaust Mani, o2 Housing.....yeah I'm ready for that RED.
Old Nov 8, 2008, 05:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
You forgot the motec M800 ECU Thats a pretty agressive cam for the street as well..Make sure you let me know when you go to the track with it, should be good times..

Originally Posted by Import Junky
Oh don't you worry. I got the HFS-5 all hooked up. Headstuds, FP4R's, Springs, Ported Exhaust Mani, o2 Housing.....yeah I'm ready for that RED.
Old Nov 8, 2008, 07:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 1NASTYIXMR
And once again wrong AMS.
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...that AMS...nvm then
Old Nov 10, 2008, 05:33 PM
Account Disabled

everybody with there smart *** comments thinking this is AMS in Chi Town NO NO NO this is Atlantic Motorsports in MD....thats why i said im not surprised with the low numbers....im sure the OP well get his problems sorted out when he goes to another shop and they well take care of it and get his car to where it needs to be
Old Nov 13, 2008, 03:57 PM

has anyone tuned with mellon tuning via email tune with the fp red?
Old Nov 13, 2008, 05:42 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by purekoryo
has anyone tuned with mellon tuning via email tune with the fp red?
I'm working on one right now...not done yet but probably pretty close....

Mr. Bergh from Belgium
2006 EVO9 6 speed USD
PTE 1000
98RON (93 octane US)
25psi
tbe 02 dump test pipe
Cosworth M2
FP Red
HKS DLI II

Old Nov 13, 2008, 06:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Phenixfyah
The Red performs lower than the Green when put on anything lower than 24PSI.
Phenix,

My Red put 422 whp at 22.2 psi not yet tuned, which was about the same as to what my green was making on C16 at 32 psi on the same Dyno 2 weeks earlier.

So as you can see, your statement is not so.

I am sorry, but it is what it is.

Last edited by 04AWDTURBOEVO; Nov 13, 2008 at 07:54 PM.
Old Nov 13, 2008, 09:44 PM
Evolved Member

I agree the numbers are crazy low. Take your car to Iveytune, he got 326 out of my stocker.
Old Nov 16, 2008, 02:24 PM
Evolved Member

Looks like they never moved this thread for you but I'm shocked at your #'s. Did AMS have their dyno recaliberated or something? I remember earlier this year/late last year where there were 2-3 evo 9 se's on the stock turbo making the same #'s.

I'm not saying those 9s should have made that but if they did then I would think your #'s would be higher.
Old Nov 16, 2008, 02:35 PM
Evolving Member

His car is basically stock...no? The Red alone won't get him safely to 400whp. Those stock cams start gasping for air just when the Red comes alive...not all that off IMO. He could dial up the boost but that thing will be a ticking time bomb, ready to blow.
Old Nov 16, 2008, 02:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by brodienuchies
His car is basically stock...no? The Red alone won't get him safely to 400whp. Those stock cams start gasping for air just when the Red comes alive...not all that off IMO. He could dial up the boost but that thing will be a ticking time bomb, ready to blow.
car is far from stock....mods are in my sig
Old Nov 16, 2008, 05:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by red03evo
Looks like they never moved this thread for you but I'm shocked at your #'s. Did AMS have their dyno recaliberated or something? I remember earlier this year/late last year where there were 2-3 evo 9 se's on the stock turbo making the same #'s.

I'm not saying those 9s should have made that but if they did then I would think your #'s would be higher.
I honestly don't know....When the car was tuned it did 336 hp and 325 tq @ 21.69 psi
I went back, and added the fp red, 880's, buschur ported manifold, epm 02 dump, and retuned to about 23 psi and got 370 hp 360 tq

So something is def. off
Old Nov 18, 2008, 01:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I don't think those numbers are too bad for pump gas.

Other than the turbo you didn't really add anything that will provide more power. At the sub 400whp number I don't think your ported EM or dump did anything.

Besides... we all know the stock 9 turbo can spike to high HP numbers but wont hold it. The red will actually hold the boost and power. If anything the area under the curve and the overall feel should be much better. A number is only a number. Does the car feel better or not?

If you really want to see what it has in it.... just dump some C16 in the tank and crank it up. No need for head studs and cams all you need is octane. There are arseloads of people running near 30psi on stock parts without issue.

Quick Reply: FP Red Tuned