Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

What oil to use on an X

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2008, 05:50 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by joehoo
all you amsoil guys say the same thing..........
no we dont because the other person who sells oil doesn't owe an EVO
and i said we use Dominator in our Evo 9 {thumbup**
Old Dec 5, 2008, 05:50 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Oil Doc
Motul is not a bad oil, there are just better on the market and they are less expensive..

Doc

so whats wrong with Motul oil?
Old Dec 5, 2008, 05:59 AM
Evolving Member

I just hate amsoil dealers propaganda. They all have stories about having a car with 250k miles and how they still run great because of amsoil. I have a 94 F150 with 320k miles and I use nothing but regular 10w-30 and its still going strong. IF amsoil was that great why dont most drag race, nascar, indy car teams use it? Im sure you have some propaganda saying otherwise.

sorry I was on my soap box just now
Old Dec 5, 2008, 06:00 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by apagan01

If i was to buy amsoil it would be from you then{thumbup**
Old Dec 5, 2008, 06:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It must be cold running at the track as we all know these oils are "Intended for Off-Road Use Only" LOL

Thanks for the review... They are World Class Oils

Doc
Oh, how silly of me...I forgot to mention these are all dedicated track cars that become rally cars from November until March, then right back to the road courses....cough cough yeah that's it cough cough....

Old Dec 5, 2008, 06:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by diablo2184
you should go and get back your honda and sell the Evo. If youre so cheap, i cant believe you bought an Evo in the first place. {thumbdwn** {thumbdwn**

+1 for the Oil Doc. Im gonna have to place another order soon and maybe get some transmission fluid. Ill give you a call!

Absolutely.... Oil and Filtration is not the place to be cheap... Oil IS the Lifeblood of your engine and the filter is the Kidney that keeps it clean...

Thanks for the Kudo's... Remember, I have a 5% Rebate going through Dec 31st on ALL AMSOIL Products..

Doc

Old Dec 5, 2008, 06:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by codegrinder
http://bestoil4you.com/files/g2049AMK.pdf

hmm that looks interesting...
The Pre-Charger has been popular for many years in Racing and Marine applications where a vehicle tends to sit a week or more without firing,

The Pre-Charger provides a shot of oil to the vital parts to prevent Dry Start.

Doc
Old Dec 5, 2008, 06:43 AM
Evolved Member

who runs this website "bestoil4you.com" amsoil?

If you look at the Header of the Home Page, I think it is quite obvious... It is my site...

Doc
Old Dec 5, 2008, 06:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by apagan01
As if it makes any difference, I had an EVO, sold it, and bought an '08 Lancer for the kid...

I have over 35 years in this business and almost 25 with AMSOIL. I have taken Technical Training over the years.. I think that trumps 3 weeks as a Dealer.

Doc
Old Dec 5, 2008, 06:58 AM
Evolving Member

OilDoc,

My EVO 10 has 200 miles on it. Contemplating going with AMSOIL through you vs. Mobil1 Tri-Synth. How much more expensive is AMSOIL vs. Mobil1 per quart?

And, sorry to ask something you've probably already answered 10 times, but what AMSOIL product would you recommend for a Connecticut-driven EVO X that will never be tracked except for the drag strip here and there? Thanks!

- Louis
Old Dec 5, 2008, 08:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by HybridKOOP
OilDoc,

My EVO 10 has 200 miles on it. Contemplating going with AMSOIL through you vs. Mobil1 Tri-Synth. How much more expensive is AMSOIL vs. Mobil1 per quart?

And, sorry to ask something you've probably already answered 10 times, but what AMSOIL product would you recommend for a Connecticut-driven EVO X that will never be tracked except for the drag strip here and there? Thanks!

- Louis
Because prices vary so much from Retailer to Retailer I can't say how much the difference is. All I can do is give you the price for what I charge for AMSOIL so you will be armed with information from my end.

I can tell you that I will Highly Recommend AMSOIL SSO. It is my Top of The Line Street Oil. 5 Qts for your EVO will be $50.85 Plus CT Taxes... Less my Rebate your final cost will be $48.76 Plus CT Taxes

Call my Toll Free to place an order.. 1-877-356-6099

Doc

Old Dec 5, 2008, 08:06 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mitchubishi
Oh, how silly of me...I forgot to mention these are all dedicated track cars that become rally cars from November until March, then right back to the road courses....cough cough yeah that's it cough cough....

But of course... I only sell the Dominator to qualified Race Professionals, only for their Race Vehicles.. cough, cough.. {thumbup**

Doc
Old Dec 5, 2008, 09:35 AM
Evolving Member

Because prices vary so much from Retailer to Retailer I can't say how much the difference is. All I can do is give you the price for what I charge for AMSOIL so you will be armed with information from my end.

I can tell you that I will Highly Recommend AMSOIL SSO. It is my Top of The Line Street Oil. 5 Qts for your EVO will be $50.85 Plus CT Taxes... Less my Rebate your final cost will be $48.76 Plus CT Taxes

Call my Toll Free to place an order.. 1-877-356-6099

Doc

Excellent. Will 5 quarts be enough? I show the EVO X capacity of 5 quarts, plus oil cooler/filter capacity as well. I think I'd rather order 6 at a time to be safe. I'll need filters as well. I'm sure you have me covered there.

- Lou
Old Dec 5, 2008, 10:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by HybridKOOP
Excellent. Will 5 quarts be enough? I show the EVO X capacity of 5 quarts, plus oil cooler/filter capacity as well. I think I'd rather order 6 at a time to be safe. I'll need filters as well. I'm sure you have me covered there.

- Lou
You usually can't get all the oil out of the lines and cooler.. I do have a couple people who are fanatics and blow the lines out so yes, they order 6 qts... Covered on filters too...

I have some running to do but will work up some quotes... Please send an email to AMSOIL@bestoil4you.com and I will reply. It is easier to quote and keep track of that way..

Thanks, Doc
Old Dec 5, 2008, 10:35 AM
Evolving Member

I just hate amsoil dealers propaganda. They all have stories about having a car with 250k miles and how they still run great because of amsoil. I have a 94 F150 with 320k miles and I use nothing but regular 10w-30 and its still going strong. IF amsoil was that great why dont most drag race, nascar, indy car teams use it? Im sure you have some propaganda saying otherwise.

sorry I was on my soap box just now
No reply to this Oildoc?

I have not come across anyone at the track that runs Amsoil.

Quick Reply: What oil to use on an X