Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

S-AWC shut off/trouble

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2008, 04:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by xPRimNT
I'll throw in another vote for "Fkin Cold".

I have the same Service Required - With the picture of the front wheels turned to the right.

I just called a dealer (I'm down in Calgary for the Holidays) who told me that it wasn't a big problem, and that a lot of the Evos have been coming in with these. He said something along the lines of cold weather playing havoc with the viscosity of a lot of the fluids, then the system shutting down because it thinks something is wrong. He also mentioned it should go away after warming up everything, but I have yet to see it go away...

I don't think everyone has MAF problems, but I certainly can't say for sure.
Ya I am sure you went to hyatt mitsu. They told me the same thing and I ran the car for two hours and it didn't turn off. Then parked it in a heat garage and it still didn't help.
Old Dec 22, 2008, 10:43 PM
Evolved Member

^ Indeed I did.

Any luck with yours? Have you had any further issues or successes? I'm thinking about reading/cleaering the code(s) to see if it will stay off. Or, just disconnecting the battery for a bit to reset the ECU. Haven't had time to play with it.
Old Dec 22, 2008, 11:17 PM
Evolving Member

Im getting an accessport in a couple days, so Ill be able to pull up anything i can off that.
Old Dec 23, 2008, 12:12 AM
Account Disabled

my ASC will turn itself off as soon as i start the car, and the car with turned wheels/service required light comes on. i wonder if it's the tune?
Old Dec 23, 2008, 01:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by lallen3
I remember "implausible data" was a MAF code setting after I installed some upgrades. I have a MAP interceptor (zchip) which I think the ECU sees incorrect airflow for the load on the MAP.. Still researching this.
MAP measures pressure, MAF is flow. And yeah that's all it is a trick to the MAP sensor. So are you having the same issues? with the AWC shutting off?
Old Dec 23, 2008, 10:24 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by xPRimNT
^ Indeed I did.

Any luck with yours? Have you had any further issues or successes? I'm thinking about reading/cleaering the code(s) to see if it will stay off. Or, just disconnecting the battery for a bit to reset the ECU. Haven't had time to play with it.
Still no luck and I have no CEL. I think I am going to platinum mitsu today to get it checked out.
Old Dec 23, 2008, 04:46 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by aiden1983
Still no luck and I have no CEL. I think I am going to platinum mitsu today to get it checked out.
What did you find out? Or is the car still there?
Old Dec 23, 2008, 05:58 PM
Account Disabled

i have an appt on monday with the dealer but i really don't want to be without my car... what a pita
Old Dec 23, 2008, 10:40 PM
Evolving Member

k so they told me they have had 3 evo MRs in and they all had the same problem. They think it maybe a pump for something (can't remember what he told me it was for). The engineer at mitsu told him to replace the pump to see if it solves the problem. But they will not order anymore in until it is proven to work. It seems as if this cold weather has f'd up our evos here in Calgary. I have to call them back to see if they solved the problem on Jan 5th. If anyone heres anything post in this thread or PM me. I would like to get this fixed.
Old Dec 23, 2008, 11:05 PM
Account Disabled

hmm... if it's the cold weather then wow...
Old Dec 25, 2008, 10:09 AM
Evolving Member

^^^^That is what they assume right now. We will see
Old Dec 29, 2008, 11:40 AM
Evolving Member

Im sure its cold weather, as I seemed to get this before anyone I've talked to did. And it was colder here for longer. Doesnt seem to matter how cold it is exactly just that its cold for a extended duration.

I recieved my accessport today which hopefully should be able to read DTC codes as well as CELs (cause I have no cels).

I also let my car warm up for 2 days in a heated garage which didn't do anything as the other member had said.
Old Dec 29, 2008, 02:38 PM
Evolving Member

I am sure itz not the cold weather cuz here in Singapore where itz freaking hot and we had the same problems!!!
Old Dec 29, 2008, 03:27 PM
Evolving Member

Thats news to me. The accessport won't pull up any codes on it for me. Oh well.

Is that a real pink evo x?
Old Dec 29, 2008, 06:54 PM
Account Disabled

so the accessport tells you nothing? damn... this is a real pain, not what you'd want from a car less than a year old.

Quick Reply: S-AWC shut off/trouble