Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

AFR gauge help

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2008, 09:44 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question AFR gauge help

anyone in here used the NGK AFX Air Fuel Ratio Monitor before?

how is it?

for AFR monitor/gauge to work properly , how often does people calibrate their sensor?

how long does the o2 sensor last? how often does those need to be replace?

thanks guys

kl
Old Dec 21, 2008, 09:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How long O2's last vary depending on the state of tune, type of fuel used and a variety of other unknown factors but most of my O2's last a good 2+ years. I use PLX myself as they have the sweetest display for the gauge with their OLED programmable gauge.
Old Dec 21, 2008, 10:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

guru,

how often do you calibrate it?

how's your red running?

i ordered the red 2 weeks ago and is waiting for it to come in hopefully next week or so.

have you tune it yet? how many whp?

what set up do you have? 91/93/meth/e85?

do you think a afr gauge is needed in our car? how important is it? useful? worth it?

thanks

kl
Old Dec 22, 2008, 06:36 AM
Evolved Member

Right now I'm running 93 octane and have been touching up the map when I have time and traction (lots of snow here) but not going crazy since I'm still waiting for my FMIC to arrive. Red is an awesome turbo and am using factory boost control. I'll get to the dyno once I get all the parts in and tune out the MIVEC maps and fine tune the other maps. PLX comes precalibrated and doesn't need to be done again. Now I MAY switch to E85 in the Spring. We'll see.
Old Dec 23, 2008, 08:45 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Guru
How long O2's last vary depending on the state of tune, type of fuel used and a variety of other unknown factors but most of my O2's last a good 2+ years. I use PLX myself as they have the sweetest display for the gauge with their OLED programmable gauge.
Very cool, that is the wideband I am getting. I was looking at getting an AEM Wideband but the PLX is sweet! Thanks for the info

What front mount intercooler did you decide to get? If you haven't bought one yet you should really check out what Wayne at PPI is building for the Evo X. It is very unique to the Evo X market compared to the others I have seen. He just needs to finish up some fab work on the piping and then we will have it on my car if you'd like to check it out. I live in Beverly Hills, MI so am real close
Old Dec 23, 2008, 08:53 AM
Evolved Member

I know Wayne. He ported my manifold. I already ordered one from turbo26tsi in Ohio. 4 inch thick and comes with new bottom bracket with 3 inch in and out which is nice. Price could not be beat.