Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buschur Racing's EVO X, turbo upgrade/clutch upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2008, 06:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Does this clutch upgrade eliminate the stink of the stocker I hope? Also, what about the master cylinder? I have heard many reported cases of the stock unit breaking because it's plastic and not meant for high clamp load pressure plates. Have you had any issues with this?
Old Dec 25, 2008, 09:52 PM
JEP
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dave it seems this turbo is close to the FP Red in price, with your knowledge of the FP Reds in the 8's and 9's which turbo do you think would put out the best numbers. I know it would only be a educated guess but I believe your thoughts would be appreciated by everyone...
Old Dec 26, 2008, 05:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
The stock clutch stinks because it slips and the heat breaks down the material and "glue" in the clutch. The Exedy should not stink, I haven't tried to launch the car yet on this clutch.

I had an FP Red on the car. For whatever reason (mine was a prototype unlike what is being sold) it did not perform well at all. I've taken it off and sent it back to FP hoping something is found to be wrong with it.

Right now, this turbo is really impressing me.

I may go into the shop for awhile tomorrow and try to see if I can't do some adjusting on the tune to get the car to come around more.
Old Dec 26, 2008, 06:39 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
The stock clutch stinks because it slips and the heat breaks down the material and "glue" in the clutch. The Exedy should not stink, I haven't tried to launch the car yet on this clutch.

I had an FP Red on the car. For whatever reason (mine was a prototype unlike what is being sold) it did not perform well at all. I've taken it off and sent it back to FP hoping something is found to be wrong with it.

Right now, this turbo is really impressing me.

I may go into the shop for awhile tomorrow and try to see if I can't do some adjusting on the tune to get the car to come around more.
Best of luck. Hopefully FP finds an error in the turbo and fixes it.
Old Dec 26, 2008, 07:49 PM
JEP
Evolving Member

Thanks Dave for your comments Please let us know when the turbos will be ready...
Old Dec 27, 2008, 02:40 PM
Account Disabled

What is this turbo rated at?

Any thougt on testing the bolt on garrett 30r?
Old Dec 27, 2008, 04:55 PM
Evolved Member

This particular turbo is ready now actually.

The turbo is rated at 52 lb/min, 520 hp.

Yes, I have plans to run the Garrett 3076 as soon as it shows up.
Old Dec 27, 2008, 05:01 PM
Evolved Member

Spent 6 hours on the dyno today with the car. I've got the tune sorted out and mapped the car up to 25 psi so far. AFR's are dead steady now, timing is optimized. At 25 psi the car made 365 whp and 320 ft lbs. (Those are rounded off slightly as I am quoting from memory).

I am running 93 octane fuel in the car that's been in there since before August.

The engine is pretty impressive. The AFR's and timing can be run MUCH more aggressive than the EVO8-9's. There is a LOT more to tuning the car than the 8-9's though, which explains why I have 6+ hours in tuning the car just today.

The tune is as far as I wanted to go today, was just tired of working on it honestly. From 14 psi to 25 psi it's perfect.

I am running 780 CC RC injectors in the car.

Monday morning we are going to tackle putting a set of cams in the car. Then it will go back on the dyno.
Old Dec 27, 2008, 05:47 PM
Evolved Member

I was hesitant about the turbo upgrades for the X...now Im very interested on putting this turbo on my car..When can I get penciled in!?
Old Dec 28, 2008, 04:25 PM
Evolved Member

arbo651, just give us a call at the shop and place the order. The turbos are available and we just placed an order for a few of them. We are open Mon/Tues of this week only. You will absolutely need a tune for the new turbo, keep that in mind.
Old Dec 28, 2008, 05:35 PM
Evolved Member

arbo651, just give us a call at the shop and place the order. The turbos are available and we just placed an order for a few of them. We are open Mon/Tues of this week only. You will absolutely need a tune for the new turbo, keep that in mind.
I will give you guys a call tomorrow morning and see what exactly Im going to need. You guys did some work on my VIII a few times..tuning cams etc..I would love to make another trip to the shop as soon as I can. Any idea when the earliest I would be able to get in there? Im off work tomorrow! haha
Old Dec 28, 2008, 07:01 PM
Evolved Member

I can't get you in tomorrow, haha, sorry. The turbos are ordered and I would expect them next week. Should be able to get you in then, maybe the week after. You will need larger injectors for this turbo, please ask Nick or Jarrod about them and the pricing when you call.
Old Dec 29, 2008, 03:49 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by STi2EvoX
Does this clutch upgrade eliminate the stink of the stocker I hope? Also, what about the master cylinder? I have heard many reported cases of the stock unit breaking because it's plastic and not meant for high clamp load pressure plates. Have you had any issues with this?
I have a Cusco Twin clutch (which is the same as Exedy) and I can confirm that it does not smell like the stocker did. The pedal felt very tight at first, but now after the clutch run in it feels almost like stock. Aftrer about 1000 miles with the new clutch (with a lot of stop-and-go traffic) the cylinder is still alive.
Old Dec 30, 2008, 07:09 PM
Evolved Member

Update, cams and more tuning in the car and it is now at 407 whp on pump gas at 24 psi!!
Old Dec 30, 2008, 11:15 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Update, cams and more tuning in the car and it is now at 407 whp on pump gas at 24 psi!!
Good job. How do you like the cams and what is the idle like?

Quick Reply: Buschur Racing's EVO X, turbo upgrade/clutch upgrade