Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buschur Racing's EVO X, turbo upgrade/clutch upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2008, 12:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Buschur Racing's EVO X, turbo upgrade/clutch upgrade

Our EVO X has been sitting here for a few months now, untouched. I have not been happy with our development on the car and it was a very sore subject with me.

We were waiting on a GOOD clutch to come out. Finally after some wait time Exedy released their twin disc for the car. As with the other Exedy products I couldn't be more impressed. Super smooth engagement, nice pedal feel and pressure and it makes the transmission shift like butter. We installed the twin cerametalic HD clutch. We will be stocking these of course. The pricing is $1850 for anyone needing a quality clutch.

Our EVO X, before the clutch started going completely out of the car, ran a best of 12.29 at 112 mph on the stock turbo on 93 octane.

I wanted to put a turbo upgrade on the car and go faster, of course with a slipping clutch there wasn't much sense in making more power.

Jarrod met Mike from Blouch Turbo at a few events and they hit it off pretty good. We were offered a new turbo to try on the car and Mike sent it out promptly after we agreed to test it.

Daniel and Steve finally got an opening to get our EVOX in here and got the clutch in and the new Dominator 2 turbo installed.

I am not able to do any tuning on the car yet but put it on the dyno anyway, figuring it would be safe. I was right, overly safe.

The car is hitting 27 psi, which is 2 psi less than I was running before and the AFR's are in the 10.2:1 range through the entire mid range of the turbo, even at these disadvantages the power/torque is way up!!

I am actually amazed at how good the car feels now. With a tune the car is going to be retarded fast. I'm guessing with the clutch and the power the car should easily run 11.50's or better on just 93 octane.

At the 300 hp stock turbo level, as I said we ran 12.29 at 112 mph. The car is now at 379 whp and 317 ft lbs of torque.

We will be stocking these turbos. Pricing will be $1450.

Below is the dyno graph, you will see we are obvoiusly not tuned yet and that there are huge gains waiting in the mid range.

Last edited by David Buschur; Dec 29, 2008 at 09:53 AM.
Old Dec 23, 2008, 12:22 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Now we are talking.. finally some good power #'s on a X.. 379 on your dyno has to be 410-420 on mine.. This turbo appears to be in FP green territory.. Cant wait to see what it does with a good tune!! Good luck!!

Mike
Old Dec 23, 2008, 12:29 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i told you good things would happen if we got you a product from our partners in crime at Blouch Turbo

we are working on some of our own combos with them for the X

--

oh noes.... maybe AWD motorsports using BT soon too? come on mike, join our big happy family!!

cb

PS. love the X

Last edited by CBRD; Dec 23, 2008 at 12:31 PM.
Old Dec 23, 2008, 02:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow nice results. I can't wait to see what this turbo will do with tuning and maybe some better fuel
Old Dec 23, 2008, 03:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
David, or Dave, or any of the venders and tuners on this thread. Can you explain about the clutch cylinder use with the Twin clutches. I have read here that they snap in half because of the extra pressure. Can you confirm this please. If i ever upgrade my clutch i want to do it once, and a twin seems like the logical choice.
Old Dec 23, 2008, 03:23 PM
Evolved Member

The Exedy Twin is a direct replacement clutch, just take the old one out and put the new one in.
Old Dec 23, 2008, 04:01 PM
Evolving Member

I think big al is going to wet himself.
Old Dec 23, 2008, 06:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
$1850 is for part and labor?
Old Dec 23, 2008, 07:28 PM
Evolved Member

No, just the twin cera. HD is $1850. The labor we have no determined yet, it was not an easy job, nearly 4 times as long to do as the EVO8-9's are now!
Old Dec 23, 2008, 07:36 PM
Evolved Member

good info. Heard about this turbo when I stopped by a shop today. That's some good power!!
Old Dec 24, 2008, 12:12 AM

impressive !
Old Dec 24, 2008, 05:21 AM
Account Disabled

glad to see you're working with Blouch! They're a top notch company to work with! Great results as well. Gonna be an absolute beast when it's tuned properly!

Caleb
Old Dec 24, 2008, 05:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ha lol Thats my turbo lol. Ya turbo is awesome. Cant wait to see your your dyno after a tune. I am trying to get 500awhp on this turbo but will see. I should be going back to the dyno in a couple of months.
Old Dec 24, 2008, 07:28 AM
Evolved Member

500 whp on this turbo.............well you know at first I was going to say no way in hell but after I thought about it I had to erase that sentence. I'm basically at 400 right now on pump gas and our EVO X, without a proper tune in the car, stock cams and just our Stage 3 on the car.

We are putting cams in the car next week and then when you consider the fact that our dyno is low as hell it could very well be possible to see 500 whp on a Dynojet or some other dyno that's been jacked up.

I'm very excited about the car again and it's been awhile since I felt this motivated. I may even end up going in this weekend to try and work on the tune further.

The car wasn't "untuned" completely. The car had an Ecutek tune in it from Al at Dynoflash but obviously not for this turbo.

On the dyno graph you can see the large dip in the mid range and it's not hard to imagine how much more power and how improved the dyno graph would be if that wasn't there. In that entire area the AFR's have dropped down to 10.2:1.
Old Dec 25, 2008, 05:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
500 whp on this turbo.............well you know at first I was going to say no way in hell but after I thought about it I had to erase that sentence. I'm basically at 400 right now on pump gas and our EVO X, without a proper tune in the car, stock cams and just our Stage 3 on the car.

We are putting cams in the car next week and then when you consider the fact that our dyno is low as hell it could very well be possible to see 500 whp on a Dynojet or some other dyno that's been jacked up.

I'm very excited about the car again and it's been awhile since I felt this motivated. I may even end up going in this weekend to try and work on the tune further.

The car wasn't "untuned" completely. The car had an Ecutek tune in it from Al at Dynoflash but obviously not for this turbo.

On the dyno graph you can see the large dip in the mid range and it's not hard to imagine how much more power and how improved the dyno graph would be if that wasn't there. In that entire area the AFR's have dropped down to 10.2:1.
its these kind of threads that make me want to sell my VIII and get a X. once you get a tune on it and hit 410-420 whp, what kind of traps to expect to see out it? 120 maybe?

Quick Reply: Buschur Racing's EVO X, turbo upgrade/clutch upgrade