Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buscher vs. Ultimate Racing

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2009, 09:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like the Buschur quiet exhaust, and that's probably what I'll end up going with. It uses an oval muffler instead of a round muffler so it probably has a little better ground clearance. I also like the fact that there are minimal bends, and that it's not overly loud but still gives a nice tone.
Old Jan 4, 2009, 10:56 AM
Evolved Member

I have the Buschur with no cat and its loud. The muffler part of the exhaust does sit very low.

I like the sound of it, but if you want a quiet exhaust I would not get the Buschur.

Buschur makes quality stuff and you can not go wrong with it.
Old Jan 4, 2009, 09:00 PM
Evolved Member

I love my Buschur catback w/ bullet muffler. Like others have said, the can sits very low. At stock height I have not had any problems clearing speed bumps or any bumps in the road. I am getting my Eibach Pro Kit installed this week so I'm a little worried about how low it will sit with a 1" drop. The sound and quality are great though, I highly recommend it!
Old Jan 4, 2009, 10:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i was about to buy the UR untill i saw the greddy spectrum elite online, i suggest you wait till the greddy se comes out , it really looks nice.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 08:51 AM
Evolved Member

Bummer I just ordered the Buschur loud exhaust like 2 weeks ago, should be here next week. Bummer because that looks pretty low, but I have heard so many good things about the exhaust otherwise, even from people here in Minnesota, where roads suck and snow will be abundant, so who knows how clearance will go. Might suck when I drop the car but only time will tell.

I tried asking Buschur themselves if ground clearance was an issue and I am not sure if they answered or not, I thought they said it wasn't too bad, but obviously it's a mild issue at least, maybe they improved it a bit since then. Again, I will have to wait and see.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 09:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Greddy Spectrum Exhaust 70mm for the Evo X

http://greddy.com/home/?id=271

Last edited by raytrix; Jan 5, 2009 at 09:14 AM.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 09:50 AM
Former Sponsor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by aftershock141
Don't both of the exhausts hang low? I'm pretty sure both use a bullet muffler but I maybe wrong.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...st-review.html
Our Dual Exit Catback uses oval mufflers, not "bullet" style mufflers. We have never had a single complaint about it being too low. We tuck it up pretty well.

Darryl
www.ultimate-racing.com

Last edited by Ultimate Racing; Jan 5, 2009 at 09:57 AM.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 09:54 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Guru
I'd go With UR myself. Seeing the Buschur products make me think umm, well, cheap, but hey they are cheap so what do you expect. UR was running a special 15% off. Not sure if it's over now.
Correct, our 15% off XMAS sale actually ends today!

Darryl
www.ultimate-racing.com
Old Jan 5, 2009, 09:55 AM
Evolved Member

Ultimate Racing FTW!!! Buschur Racing's exhaust is to loud and cheaply made in my opinion.
Does it work? Of course it does its a 3" exhaust just like many others but when you start to look at all the other factors it falls further down the list of nice 3" exhausts for the X.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 12:04 PM

I have the UR exhaust and it sounds right. The dual -exit is the one to go with! Ultimate Racing FTW! I say take advantage of the 15% off now and splurge the savings on a 02/DP, u will not regret the power.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 02:08 PM
Evolving Member

does anyone have any pics showing how far in the exhaust tips are relative to the bumper? From the pics I've seen it seems like the tips are tucked in a little more than the stock ones.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 02:41 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by dragon831
does anyone have any pics showing how far in the exhaust tips are relative to the bumper? From the pics I've seen it seems like the tips are tucked in a little more than the stock ones.
Best pic I can offer

Darryl
www.ultimate-racing.com
Old Jan 5, 2009, 04:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hova00
Ultimate Racing FTW!!! Buschur Racing's exhaust is to loud and cheaply made in my opinion.
Does it work? Of course it does its a 3" exhaust just like many others but when you start to look at all the other factors it falls further down the list of nice 3" exhausts for the X.
Buschur's exhaust is one of the most freeflowing exhausts made for the X...there is where you get your "loudness"

The power gains back up my statement
Old Jan 5, 2009, 04:31 PM
Evolving Member

Personally, I went with UR because I didnt like the look or the sound of anything else on the market(Not Import). I can honestly say I love it and dont regret it. The sound is perfect for me when driving its always a medium deep tone loud hum and when driving hard its a DEEP LOUD ROAR when idle its a deep medium tone puRRRRRR! As far as performance, its defitnely makes the car breathe better but that should be a given with any aftermarket exhaust(after all that is the point).
The titanium tips exhausts from other brands are defitnitly prettier but I didn't like the quiet sounds or the prices.

I have the UR turbo-back setup UR O2 housing-UR high flow cat-UR dual exhaust(cause single exhaust looks stupid on the X imo with two pipe spaces).

All for a good low price(compared to others) and GREAT quality and sound.
Plus Darryl's service is GREAT and he ships pretty fast!! As for Burschur, they are a great brand but just not what I was looking for. hope this helps.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 04:59 PM

ok, I'm going with UR. O2/downpipe, resonated test pipe, dual exhaust.

Does anyone know the coupon code for evolutionm? If the 15% special ends today i still got a shot. Does it have it's own coupon code?

Quick Reply: Buscher vs. Ultimate Racing