Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

HELP: More Codes: P0222, P1234, SAWC Service Required

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2009, 09:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP: More Codes: P0222, P1234, SAWC Service Required

Can some one please help me!

I am getting sick and tired of this car! It seems like i get a different code every month. The more i drive it the more problems it has.

SAWC has been off for a week now. Temp has been about -20C to -30C. I do belive that SAWC turn off when the temp are very low or high to prevent damage to the unit. This issue is stating to bug me. Any one else have any imput on "SAWC Service Required" light?? I parked the car in a heated garage for a few hours but nothing changed.

Today the car threw new 2 codes. P0222 and P1234. I was driving about 50 - 60Km/h and i decided to pass some one. I down shifted in to 4 gear and gave it some gas, then the codes popped up. I tried clearing the trouble codes, but it does not clear out. Has anyone encounted these codes???

Dealer is 2.5 hours away from me right now, so i can't take it to them right now. I really dont want to take my car to the local dealer since they hate me already.

Previous Codes: P1870, P1235, P0135. I have yet to encounter these codes since last month.

Mods: Nisei UICP, Intake pipe (stock air box), T1R test pipe.

The car only has 9000km

P0222 - Throttle/Petal Position Sensor/Switch B Circuit Low Input
P1234 - Fuel system???

Has any one encounted these problem? Is there a fix for them?

Last edited by Red Dragon; Jan 8, 2009 at 11:47 AM.
Old Jan 8, 2009, 09:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
These codes are present because of some type of airflow or torque limit mismatch... Do you have any mods?

If you have a MBC, try lowering boost a bit.

I can't help with the s-awc, sorry.

Originally Posted by Red Dragon
Can some one please help me!

I am getting sick and tired of this car! It seems like i get a different code every month. The more i drive it the more problems it has.

SAWC has been off for a week now. Temp has been about -20C to -30C. I do belive that SAWC turn off when the temp are very low or high to prevent damage to the unit. This issue is stating to bug me. Any one else have any imput on "SAWC Service Required" light?? I parked the car in a heated garage for a few hours but nothing changed.

Today the car threw new 2 codes. P0222 and P1234. I was driving about 50 - 60Km/h and i decided to pass some one. I down shifted in to 4 gear and gave it some gas, then the codes popped up. I tried clearing the trouble codes, but it does not clear out. Has anyone encounted these codes???

Dealer is 2.5 hours away from me right now, so i can't take it to them right now. I really dont want to take my car to the local dealer since they hate me already.

Previous Codes: P1870, P1235, P0135. I have yet to encounter these codes since last month.

Mods: Nisei UICP, Intake pipe, T1R test pipe.

The car only has 9000km

P0222 - Throttle/Petal Position Sensor/Switch B Circuit Low Input
P1234 - Fuel system???

Has any one encounted these problem? Is there a fix for them?
Old Jan 8, 2009, 11:01 AM
Evolving Member

I think the P1234 is the partial boost. (not 100% sure) but what that is if thats the case, is you cant be half throttling boost. if your cruising stay below 10 psi at partial throttle and if your gonna boost step on the pedal all the way.
Old Jan 8, 2009, 11:17 AM
Evolved Member

My Mods: Nisei UICP, Intake pipe, T1R test pipe.

I dont have a boost gauge nor a boost controller.
Old Jan 8, 2009, 11:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
It's a new car so let the dealer "deal" with it. There are lemon laws for a reason. Good luck!
Old Jan 8, 2009, 11:32 AM
ZK
Evolved Member

Remove your modifications and it will run better. Especially the test pipe, without a tune, it will not run correctly. I don't know about the SAWC code.
Old Jan 8, 2009, 11:34 AM
Evolving Member

it needs tuned
Old Jan 8, 2009, 11:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
If I remember correctly, on the MR you get some weird codes that don't make sense (esp. related to the transmission).

Try taking off your intake and UICP and see if that helps. Given how cold the air is and the nature of your mods (which will all serve to force more air in and go funky things) I bet that it part of the issue.

Does your intake have the box/shield around it?
Old Jan 8, 2009, 11:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by goofygrin
If I remember correctly, on the MR you get some weird codes that don't make sense (esp. related to the transmission).

Try taking off your intake and UICP and see if that helps. Given how cold the air is and the nature of your mods (which will all serve to force more air in and go funky things) I bet that it part of the issue.

Does your intake have the box/shield around it?
I agree with ^^^
Old Jan 8, 2009, 11:50 AM
Evolved Member

I am using a stock air box, intake pipe only.

If the car is running rich stock, then wouldn't the car run better with the intake because there is more air flow and the engine runs a bit on the leaner side? Will an intake pipe make that much of a differance?

P1870 is the tranmission code. I had that code a month ago. I cleared the code and did not come back on since then.

I will have to wait till next week, to take it to the dealer. If things dont change, i might have to return it back to stock and take it to the dealer.

More input please.

Last edited by Red Dragon; Jan 8, 2009 at 11:58 AM.
Old Jan 8, 2009, 04:34 PM
Evolved Member

Trouble codes turned off while i was driving home.

SAWC Service required is still on.
Old Jan 8, 2009, 05:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Red Dragon
I am using a stock air box, intake pipe only.

If the car is running rich stock, then wouldn't the car run better with the intake because there is more air flow and the engine runs a bit on the leaner side? Will an intake pipe make that much of a differance?

P1870 is the tranmission code. I had that code a month ago. I cleared the code and did not come back on since then.

I will have to wait till next week, to take it to the dealer. If things dont change, i might have to return it back to stock and take it to the dealer.

More input please.
P0222 is throttle circuit low input
P1234 is throttle voltage / circuit (??) plausible ..

If your car is not tuned, there's a possibility you're having issues with the throttle body system ..

Do you have MBC ??
Do you have catback??

What is the outside temperature when this happens ?

AFR and airflow is 2 different things .. airflow is measured by the ECU .. AFR is not..
Old Jan 8, 2009, 06:55 PM
Evolved Member

from what I have experienced, the evo does not like the cold...
Old Jan 8, 2009, 07:05 PM
Evolved Member

have you messed with the wga? the car should not be overboosting stock, i have all the mods in my sig and i never once have thrown a overboost code
Old Jan 8, 2009, 11:18 PM
Evolved Member

Mods: Nisei UICP, Intake pipe (stock air box), T1R test pipe.
These are my mods and the only performance mods i have. No catback, no mbc, no wastegate mod. I set the wastegate back to stock.

the Temp today is -20C to -25C.

Ya i dont think this car is made for this weather.

Quick Reply: HELP: More Codes: P0222, P1234, SAWC Service Required