Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Artisan Carbon/ti Exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2009, 07:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This was the first mod on my car. After I installed it I went and got a Ecutek tune on a dyno dynamics dyno. The base run on the X was 220HP before the tune and exhaust, with the just the exhaust added it made 240HP after the tune was done I finished up with 292hp and 289 torque on the dyno dynamics

Overall Im happy with the exhaust, The only thing I would like to be different is where the canister connects to the pipe, I wish it came welded to it instead of using the slip on clamp. But thats simple to fix, just have it welded.
Old Jan 18, 2009, 04:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by hcope316
This was the first mod on my car. After I installed it I went and got a Ecutek tune on a dyno dynamics dyno. The base run on the X was 220HP before the tune and exhaust, with the just the exhaust added it made 240HP after the tune was done I finished up with 292hp and 289 torque on the dyno dynamics

Overall Im happy with the exhaust, The only thing I would like to be different is where the canister connects to the pipe, I wish it came welded to it instead of using the slip on clamp. But thats simple to fix, just have it welded.
that is absolutely right !
Also would made the exhaust much lighter.
Old Jan 18, 2009, 11:01 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by hcope316

oh yea and I had to find some bolts to connect the exhaust to the downpipe because the bolts I got with the exhaust was too short.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 10:14 PM

i want one!!! where can i get one for the Best price?
Old Mar 1, 2009, 07:38 PM
Evolving Member

http://www.scionlife.com/forums/view...sc&&start=1080

Just thought I'd warn buyers of this exhaust. I was a previous scion tC owner a few years ago. Same guy that ripped off tons of tC owners is behind the making of this exhaust. Works for turbochargers.com now. Below is from the link to the thread with details.

"Going to bump this because Kenny is at it again.

Found this video and it's of the new "Artisan" exhaust that was made for the new EVO X. At the beginning you see the turbochargers.com banner at the bottom, also the video was posted by the user turbochargers.com, you also see a sign that says "Texas rebuild" on it, guessing the name of that shop, which I have heard the owner is also a shady character. But if you watch towards the end right after the pull before the camera turns away, you clearly see the spikey haired thief stick his head around the door.

I posted this because I'm sure soon enough this exhaust and others will start getting put up for sale on evolutionm.net. I think it would be best if a thread was started warning everyone of this shady character. I was going to do it but haven't had the time, so if someone else wants to go at it, then go ahead. If not then I will eventually make one.

It would be best for everyone that was screwed on here to register on there and post up their experience with Kenny Strickler so that way he doesn't get anyone elses money. Make sure those guys don't get screwed like you guys did over here.

Figured you guys would want to know what he's up to now-a-days...."

Last edited by PWevo; Mar 1, 2009 at 09:06 PM.
Old Mar 2, 2009, 12:49 AM

PWevo, wait i'm a little confused. I just ordered this exhaust last Tuesday, are you saying the quality is poor? or that I'll never get my exhaust? or what?
Old Mar 2, 2009, 04:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
hm... i got it on time and as it promised. thats all i can say about the stuff who worked on my order.
Old Mar 2, 2009, 05:06 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by cy08x
PWevo, wait i'm a little confused. I just ordered this exhaust last Tuesday, are you saying the quality is poor? or that I'll never get my exhaust? or what?
What I said was that the guy behind the making of this exhaust has scammed tC owners in the past.
Old Mar 2, 2009, 05:56 AM
Evolving Member

yea kenny's shipping practices were far from good in the past... i remember paying next day air for a downpipe that was in stock from ZPI and it took him 6 months to get it to me. If you want more info about his past, search Zero Point Industries, ZPI Racing, or anything along those lines.