Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Full Race manifold

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2009, 01:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by STi2EvoX
Where did you buy your kit? Because, not to knock your setup, but that doesn't look like a real full race manifold or downpipe. Compare the welds and pipe alignment of your kit to the ones on full-race's website, or even the pics of the X manifold on page 1, and it looks much different. Are you sure you didn't get a knock off kit?
I Know for 100% that it was Full-Race. I bought it from them brand new four years ago. Alot has changed from then to now maybe they have a differnt welding method now and also I had it ceramic coated so the color is different and the one for the X is not a top mount design like mine was.

Also the downpipe you posted a link to it is a 3'' my was a 4'' the bigger downpipe did not come with a flange to connect to the rest of the exhaust, So I had a local shop weld the bottom flange on the downpipe, so thats were you can see a difference in welding. They no longer offer my kit on there website it was the stage 4 proAm kit with the T67HO, now it is replaced with the new Twinscroll kit

Last edited by hcope316; Jan 19, 2009 at 02:09 PM.
Old Jan 19, 2009, 02:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know the manifold design on the X is different, I was pointing out the weld quality and pipe finish quality. Either way, I guess a lot has changed, cause their stuff looks much different now. See the pics I attached in the post, and you'll see what I mean.
Old Jan 21, 2009, 03:05 AM
Evolved Member

I got one for my 9 - still holding up after two years of driving in the sun / rain and snow. Together with an APS intercooler and Injen UICP it gave me slightly over ZERO HP

If I had a X, I would not do a manifold ever and wait for the intercooler upgrade till I upgrade the cams and the turbo to someting like blouch dom 2.0.
Old Jan 21, 2009, 08:31 PM
Evolving Member

No way that civic kit was a real Full Race kit. Maybe Fool Race though...
Old Jan 21, 2009, 08:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Cloud
you have no ideal what you are talking about, I have no reason to lie I dont know anyone on here nor do I need to impress anyone enough to lie about it. I was just posting to the OP that I had used Full-Race before and they get a thumbs up from me, If you dont think it is real or not im sorry, email Full-Race the picture and ask them...

Last edited by hcope316; Jan 21, 2009 at 08:41 PM.
Old Jan 21, 2009, 09:07 PM
Evolved Member

I thought Xtremeboost made a tubular header also?
Old Jan 21, 2009, 09:14 PM
Evolving Member

wow the prostock manifold by full race for the evo iv had some really nice gains, i hope its the same for the X
Old Jan 22, 2009, 08:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Cloud
Wrong forum dude; you're in the X forums.

And that manifold looks really nice (talking about the Evo X piece). If only it were easier to install...
Old Jan 23, 2009, 11:16 AM
Evolved Member

what nice gains - the 4hp or so that bushur tested or the negligible hp gains shown in full race own web page?

I bought one for my 9 - it is nice and sturdy but one of the worst performance mod per $ spent on the stock turbo along with upgraded injectors + UICP + APS intercooler.

Originally Posted by Enjoitk
wow the prostock manifold by full race for the evo iv had some really nice gains, i hope its the same for the X
Old Jan 23, 2009, 11:27 AM
Evolving Member

get a bigger turbo
Old Jan 23, 2009, 08:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Bosshog
what nice gains - the 4hp or so that bushur tested or the negligible hp gains shown in full race own web page?

I bought one for my 9 - it is nice and sturdy but one of the worst performance mod per $ spent on the stock turbo along with upgraded injectors + UICP + APS intercooler.
It showed huge gains in spool and response though. At the topend, the stock turbo became the bottleneck. In the mid-range though, it showed very good gains.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 02:18 AM

i think im going to order the garage g-force headers hope to see good gains.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 01:12 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by ScorpionT
Full Race has a prostock manifold for the X! Anyone here try one yet? It was just added to the website in the last couple days. Im gonna order one this week to check it out.
thanks alot for the post, we have these manifolds in stock, on the shelf with no wait (Same day shipping). If you have any specific questions or need to see any pics of this just post back

Originally Posted by STi2EvoX
Full race is expensive, but you get what you pay for; they make the best manifolds on the market IMO.
Originally Posted by twabtoxer
pure sex right there
Originally Posted by Mr. Furley
YAYAYAY!!!!!!! Full Race IS Best.
Originally Posted by EvoX2NR
that manifold looks awesome....
Originally Posted by accrane
that manifold looks sick. Cant wait to see some HP figures
thanks guys, we will not disappoint!!

Originally Posted by Deepseadiver
ha ha... I just tried to order one, no love/luck they can not ship to a FPO AP address.
sorry for the confusion but we can DEFINITELY ship to an FPO AP address via USPS, you will just need to call up to coordinate this. USPS is likely to be faster and much less expensive than $250 shipping to guam

Originally Posted by flyboytb
nice I wonder why there are no pics of the collector.
we have plenty of collector pics, ill get them up! do you want any pics comparing our collector to the stock colletor?

Originally Posted by criptballer
According to my understanding tubular manifolds dont do anything for you unless you upgrade your turbo assembly as well. so unless you have an upgraded turbo i think it's a waste of money.
Originally Posted by spdracerut
That is completely untrue. Now, you will see greater gains wiht bigger turbos, but you will still see gains with stock turbos.
Originally Posted by spdracerut
It showed huge gains in spool and response though. At the topend, the stock turbo became the bottleneck. In the mid-range though, it showed very good gains.
listen this man!! his day job gives him serious credentials... in fact he probably knows more about the stock evo X turbo than anyone else...

Originally Posted by viasevenvai
it should spool quicker too right? because of the equal length......
that is correct. the biggest difference in spool can be felt at part throttle (ie passing in high gear w/o downshifting you will notice boost come up much more quickly) and transients (ie on the gas off the gas on the gas, like during a gear change)

Originally Posted by PR_Mivec
anyone wants to sell me the stock manifold?
we do have a stock manifold that we're using for a superflow600 analysis at the moment (flow it as is, then port it and reflow). if you are interested in it let me kno, i was planning on putting it up for sale in the classifieds when we're finished

Originally Posted by Clark_Kent
Full Race should introduce this product in the X forum and post specs, technical information and perhaps some dyno data.
Originally Posted by less10
It would just get moved or deleted since its not bushcur or ams.
it seems like that is an annoying trend on this forum... but thats what happens when you (we) threaten the status quo
Old Jan 29, 2009, 02:58 PM
Evolving Member

mmmm bolt up a red or a dominator 2.0 and enjoy crazy spool and a crazy street DD. again nice peice, got any pictures of the collector portion.

Edit: yes a comparison would be sick.

Last edited by flyboytb; Jan 30, 2009 at 08:43 AM.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 03:02 PM
Evolved Member

good call! keep us posted if you do

Originally Posted by x818king
i think im going to order the garage g-force headers hope to see good gains.

Quick Reply: Full Race manifold