Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Full Race manifold

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2009, 11:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by flyboytb
the reason is to try to get the exhaust flow from each piston to arive at the turbo at the same time with the same pressure while increasing flow (larger diamiter tubing)
But you'd still be doing it at the cost of increasing restrictions to the flow right? or is the piping so oversized that those bends don't really matter? or maybe the restriction is overshadowed by the advantage of stable timing of the power strokes at the turbine?
Old Feb 13, 2009, 12:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CatalystGod
But you'd still be doing it at the cost of increasing restrictions to the flow right? or is the piping so oversized that those bends don't really matter? or maybe the restriction is overshadowed by the advantage of stable timing of the power strokes at the turbine?
The velocity of the gas in the exhaust manifold is super super high. The bends aren't very critical, equal length/equal pressure and a proper collector area are more important. Exhaust gas velocity after the turbocharger is much slower due to pipe diameter and is slowed down by the turbo.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 01:32 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by blkmkIII
masterpiece
Originally Posted by VincentX
^Nice.
Originally Posted by linjy2
man that is sex! makes me want to buy it.
thanks guys, glad you like it! we have these in stock, ready to ship with no wait

Originally Posted by lovevo
would this manifold be good for use with the new turbo cbrd is coming out with?
this manifold was actually designed to be used on the stock EvoX turbo and to work optimally with the new Garrett EvoX twinscroll bolt-on turbo. I had no idea CBRD was coming out with turbos, i guess they are selling the blouch remans or something, i didnt think they have the ability to r&d and mfg turbochargers? sorry i am not familiar with them, i definitely recommend the garrett tho, they should be out very soon (maybe i will post some pics on here if you guys are interested?)

Originally Posted by LVSBB6
Can`t wait for the numbers on this badboy. Is there any heat issue running this manifold? will there be heat shield available?
Originally Posted by asng
Looks good! is there any kind of heat shield?? is heat build up going to be a concern?
the stock turbo's heatshield fits the full-race prostock manifold, no need for another heat shield. We do recommend an HPC or other type coating and/or header wrapping it for additional thermal protection

everyone wants an exhaust with the least number of bends and the least degree of bends. Then why is it that this same rule does not apply in case of the manifolds. I see so many bends in the manifold presented here compared to the stock manifold. Even the degree of each of those bends seems to be so high. I don't mean to beat down on the product, just trying to understand.
Originally Posted by flyboytb
the reason is to try to get the exhaust flow from each piston to arive at the turbo at the same time with the same pressure while increasing flow (larger diamiter tubing)
Originally Posted by Guerillah
The velocity of the gas in the exhaust manifold is super super high. The bends aren't very critical, equal length/equal pressure and a proper collector area are more important. Exhaust gas velocity after the turbocharger is much slower due to pipe diameter and is slowed down by the turbo.
bends after the turbo create restriction, hence the reason you want your exhaust to be straight and short (in fact no exhaust is best for max performance). However, bends before the turbocharger create a pressure drop AND they isolate the combustion event from the turbine intake event. A full-race header serves to isolate the combustion from turbine intake very efficiently and gives the exh gasses a smooth and high-velocity entrance into the twinscroll turbine housing

Last edited by Geoff Raicer; Feb 16, 2009 at 01:35 PM.
Old Feb 25, 2009, 06:21 AM
Evolved Member

dose any have this on thier car yet? post some pictures and any dyno sheets.
Old Feb 26, 2009, 09:00 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Deepseadiver
dose any have this on thier car yet? post some pictures and any dyno sheets.
+1 on pics
Old Feb 26, 2009, 09:38 AM
Evolved Member

Any updates on the dyno data?
Old Mar 28, 2009, 08:06 PM
Evolved Member

bump!
Old Mar 28, 2009, 08:14 PM
Evolved Member

bump! let at leat get a review or some more pictures.
Old Mar 29, 2009, 04:09 PM
Evolving Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Full-Race Geoff
thanks guys, glad you like it! we have these in stock, ready to ship with no wait

this manifold was actually designed to be used on the stock EvoX turbo and to work optimally with the new Garrett EvoX twinscroll bolt-on turbo. I had no idea CBRD was coming out with turbos, i guess they are selling the blouch remans or something, i didnt think they have the ability to r&d and mfg turbochargers? sorry i am not familiar with them, i definitely recommend the garrett tho, they should be out very soon (maybe i will post some pics on here)

PICS please.
Old Apr 29, 2009, 10:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Guerillah
I would get it swaintech coated. Best coating out there.
About how much does that cost?

Awesome manifold Full Race!
Old May 31, 2009, 02:03 PM
Evolving Member

wow. the manifold looks sick
Old May 31, 2009, 02:08 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
"Quote:
Originally Posted by lovevo
would this manifold be good for use with the new turbo cbrd is coming out with?

this manifold was actually designed to be used on the stock EvoX turbo and to work optimally with the new Garrett EvoX twinscroll bolt-on turbo. I had no idea CBRD was coming out with turbos, i guess they are selling the blouch remans or something, i didnt think they have the ability to r&d and mfg turbochargers? sorry i am not familiar with them, i definitely recommend the garrett tho, they should be out very soon (maybe i will post some pics on here if you guys are interested?)
"

blouch does do all of our turbos.... anything FR does will work nicely with any aftermarket turbo.....

we are working on something of our own too.

cb
Old Sep 24, 2010, 10:45 PM

What's the OD and wall thickness of the tubing ?
Old Sep 29, 2011, 12:17 AM
Evolved Member

I'm waiting for map to make some but if you want to price match I'll buy one.