Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Official Evolution X Exhaust Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2009 | 11:03 AM
Evolving Member

The 4B11T sounds deepest and most aggressive with the least exhaust... it doesn't get raspy or high-pitched at all. Single-exit exhaust, canister muffler, no resonator, DP, catless = win. IMO dual tip sounds trashy. Almost like an SRT-4...
Old Dec 22, 2009 | 12:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by UT_EvoX
The 4B11T sounds deepest and most aggressive with the least exhaust... it doesn't get raspy or high-pitched at all. Single-exit exhaust, canister muffler, no resonator, DP, catless = win.
Like I said, if 'better' means ...sounds like every other straight through exhaust 4 cyl... then do this.

IMO dual tip sounds trashy. Almost like an SRT-4...
Which dual tip exhaust, specifically, are you refering to? Stock?? SRT-4s don't have a muffler, just a resonator, so theirs is actually more similar to your canister than a chambered muffler.

I'm not saying single exit is bad, I just have a preference for dual, and have also had a lot of compliments on the sound. Plus, two fire ***** at every corner of the track are better than one .
Old Dec 22, 2009 | 02:03 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Tractionlimit
Like I said, if 'better' means ...sounds like every other straight through exhaust 4 cyl... then do this.

Which dual tip exhaust, specifically, are you refering to? Stock?? SRT-4s don't have a muffler, just a resonator, so theirs is actually more similar to your canister than a chambered muffler.

I'm not saying single exit is bad, I just have a preference for dual, and have also had a lot of compliments on the sound. Plus, two fire ***** at every corner of the track are better than one .
An Evo X with a straight single exhaust sounds nothing like an Evo 8-9... I'd know.

SRT-4's have mufflers stock just like every road-legal car... what are you smoking? Maybe common aftermarket exhausts for the SRT-4 don't have them, but stock they do.
Old Dec 22, 2009 | 02:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by UT_EvoX
An Evo X with a straight single exhaust sounds nothing like an Evo 8-9... I'd know.

SRT-4's have mufflers stock just like every road-legal car... what are you smoking? Maybe common aftermarket exhausts for the SRT-4 don't have them, but stock they do.
no it has a cat and 2 resonators...not that this is anywhere on topic

Last edited by dkstas; Dec 22, 2009 at 02:37 PM.
Old Dec 22, 2009 | 03:02 PM
Evolved Member

A stock SRT-4 exhaust system DOES NOT have mufflers. Trust me.
Old Dec 22, 2009 | 11:35 PM
Evolving Member

Guys,
Im really having trouble deciding on an exhaust that im gunna be stuck with for the rest of the time i have the car.

Im looking for:

- Catback/Testpipe, possibly O2 Downpipe down the road

-Agressive/Deep, none of that ricy civic fart can stuff

-On the louder side but not so obnoxious i cant hear my own music or talk to the person next to me. the blitz is way to quiet.

-Dual Tip because it looks clean

- less than 2k shipped

Im considering ETS, UR, Agency Power, and Specialty X.
I've listened to countless videos but never anything in person.
In one video the exhaust sounds perfect, and the next it sounds like a ricy fart can.
Any help or feedback would be greatly appreciated and sorry for the reoccurring newbie question.
Thanks,
Old Dec 23, 2009 | 08:32 AM
EvoM Community Team

Sounds like you'd be happy with ETS. It's deep and throaty, not ricer at all. I like quiet, it's too loud for me. But when you're inside the cabin it's not bad at all. Hope this helps.
Old Dec 23, 2009 | 09:04 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Clark_Kent
A stock SRT-4 exhaust system DOES NOT have mufflers. Trust me.
I used to have a srt-4 and you sir, are correct. It had resonators is all.

But, I think the Evo X does sound like the SRT-4. I listened to a video on the buschur site (their quite system with dual tips for $850) and it sounded very SRT4-ish. Just my opinion....

As far as systems go - the buschur quiet system is what I would do if it was me - its quiet, very simple setup and design. Muffler is in the middle and low helping with center of gravity and the system is very light.

My only issue is the slip fit design - I wish it came with v-band or something. I know it will add some weight, but I have never had good luck with slip-fit.
Old Dec 23, 2009 | 10:28 AM
Evolved Member

John,

If you're having issues distinguishing between what you want and what you don't want I would suggest attending a meet in your local area. You're in FL so I assume there are many, many Evo Xs in the area. It appears BVP, Jester and TTP have tuned many Xs so it shouldn't be too difficult. If the sound clips over the Internet have you second guessing, in person at a local meet would be the best. Good luck.
Old Dec 23, 2009 | 11:13 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by migs647
Sounds like you'd be happy with ETS. It's deep and throaty, not ricer at all. I like quiet, it's too loud for me. But when you're inside the cabin it's not bad at all. Hope this helps.
Originally Posted by Clark_Kent
John,

If you're having issues distinguishing between what you want and what you don't want I would suggest attending a meet in your local area. You're in FL so I assume there are many, many Evo Xs in the area. It appears BVP, Jester and TTP have tuned many Xs so it shouldn't be too difficult. If the sound clips over the Internet have you second guessing, in person at a local meet would be the best. Good luck.
Thanks for the advice,
il be looking into possible taking a spin by a local shop or car meet within the next month.
Il keep you updated on what i decide on
Old Dec 23, 2009 | 11:29 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by 08 Evo X MR
Thanks for the advice,
il be looking into possible taking a spin by a local shop or car meet within the next month.
Il keep you updated on what i decide on
We have plenty of Evo X's here to listen to exhaust notes. Let us know when you are in the area and we will invite you to come by.
Old Dec 28, 2009 | 10:42 AM
Evolving Member

I'm getting this exhaust on the 4th. Hope it isn't too loud?

Cobb Evo X exhaust
Cobb Evo X exhaust drive-by, in car, rev and take-off
Old Dec 29, 2009 | 01:31 AM
Evolving Member

Ultimate-Racing.
Is their dual exhaust fully 3" ?
Old Dec 29, 2009 | 09:29 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by JED_POLAND
Ultimate-Racing.
Is their dual exhaust fully 3" ?
Poland? Nice!! Welcome!

Are there many Evos in Poland?

I believe that the Ultimate -Racing EVO X exhausts are all 3"

Click the link below

Ulitmate-Racing Evolutionm Exhaust info page
Old Dec 29, 2009 | 10:21 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Spoonie
Poland? Nice!! Welcome!

Are there many Evos in Poland?

I believe that the Ultimate -Racing EVO X exhausts are all 3"

Click the link below

Ulitmate-Racing Evolutionm Exhaust info page
Thanks for warm welcome.

I really do not now how many...200? Hard to tell.
Just to make it easier to understand why not so many: a brand new GSR is about 58000 USD and MR bout 71000 USD.
There much more STis, however model'08 is even pricier (top spec abt. 95 000USD).

Thanks for the link!

Quick Reply: Official Evolution X Exhaust Thread