Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Official Evolution X Exhaust Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2010 | 08:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GetterDragun
You sound like you are in the same boat as me. I looked at the Buschur, but mufflers mounted towards the front tend to drone. That's why I'm down to the Perrin or the Cobb. I've had Perrin parts before and they were good, but the Cobb looks a little nicer (because of the tips). I am just wondering if the Cobb is that much better than the Perrins, because I could get a Perrin TBE for almost the same price as the Cobb. Though even a few decibels lower could justify the price.
Actually, the buschur crossflow has just 1 rear mounted magnaflow muffler and nothing up front. It is also the same weight as the perrin and ETS etc at 29 lbs...

Here is the link with pics/vids...

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ics-video.html

But the turboXS is quite tempting for the price.
Old Jan 3, 2010 | 11:27 AM
Evolved Member

You definitely want rolled tips of some sort. The systems without rolled tips look low rent (re: T1R). It looks like someone cut an aluminum soda can in half and welded it to a muffler.
Old Jan 3, 2010 | 11:28 AM
EvoM Community Team

Exactly how I feel about the Perrin exhaust. I'm 90% sure I'm going with Blitz as soon as I can come up with the change. It's a bit more than I wanted to spend, but I think it will be worth it.
Old Jan 3, 2010 | 11:43 AM
Evolved Member

^^^^ Is blitz 76mm aka 3"? Thanks!
Old Jan 3, 2010 | 11:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Clark_Kent
You definitely want rolled tips of some sort. The systems without rolled tips look low rent (re: T1R). It looks like someone cut an aluminum soda can in half and welded it to a muffler.

since you have the crossflow - Can you comment on quietness, quality, tips etc?
Old Jan 3, 2010 | 12:04 PM
Evolved Member

Blitz is 80mm
Old Jan 3, 2010 | 02:36 PM
Evolved Member

When I was looking for an exhaust upgrade, I had a very difficult time deciding which exhaust to go with, as many of you are. I decided to create this thread to provide some assistance in making your decision a little easier by means of pictures, sound/video clips and discussion. I'm running the Buschur Racing Crossflow exhaust with an AMS o2 eliminator downpipe and straight test pipe. At cruising speeds the exhaust is very reserved and mellow. You can easily have a conversation in the car while cruising without elevating your voice. At warm idle, you can tell the exhaust is not an OEM system but still quite subtle. Of course at WOT, it does get considerably louder but that is expected. The tips are rolled and resemble an OEM system, as in the tips aren't too large. The build quality is good, not excellent. That's not a knock against Buschur Racing but I'm being as objective as I can. The exhaust does need some adjusting to get the tips perfect on the hangers but it does tuck up quite nicely. I cannot confirm this but I feel as though the exhaust has gotten slightly louder after putting several thousand miles on the system. If you're still on the fence about sound I would suggest going with a resonated or mini-muffler test pipe. Overall, this system suits my needs as it looks OEM, performance is not compromised, is relatively quiet, and didn't leave me penniless. Below are a few pics I snapped of the vehicle. Your best bet for an accurate representation of sound is the video that was provided by Buschur Racing that you can find on Page 1 of this thread.

Name:  DSC03163.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  85.0 KB
Old Jan 3, 2010 | 05:29 PM
EvoM Community Team

Can someone PLEASE post the differences between the 3 blitz exhausts? Nur Spec R, Nur Spec DT, Nur Spec C-Ti???
Old Jan 3, 2010 | 06:25 PM
Evolved Member

DT has thick tips.
Spec R has thin tips.
C-Ti has burnt titanium thin tips.
Old Jan 3, 2010 | 06:47 PM
EvoM Community Team

So they all sound the same? I guess it doesn't matter which you go with???
Old Jan 3, 2010 | 07:12 PM
Evolved Member

Yup, they all sound the same. There might be a slight weight difference, but it's negligible.

You still thinking about buying mine?

lol I'm not even sure if I want to sell it.
Old Jan 3, 2010 | 08:03 PM
Evolving Member

I think I'm leaning towards the Cobb Exhaust with the Perrin High Flow Cat.
Old Jan 3, 2010 | 08:25 PM
EvoM Community Team

Originally Posted by Fishstix
Yup, they all sound the same. There might be a slight weight difference, but it's negligible.

You still thinking about buying mine?

lol I'm not even sure if I want to sell it.
Why were you thinking of selling it in the first place? And yes if the timing is right
Old Jan 3, 2010 | 08:44 PM
Evolved Member

because the tomei exhaust is badass
Old Jan 5, 2010 | 03:14 PM

I am currently running

Stock DP
Road Race Engineering Test Pipe (Straight)
Ultimate Racing Ti Tip Dual Catback

Some of the meets I have gone to here in SoCal people say its the loudest X they have heard on the streets... I myself dont think thats possible that there has to be other Xs out there that are louder or just as loud.

Here is a couple videos

Cold Start at Idle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACNRIvCpwsc
Fly by (Was done on a private closed road by a professional driver, attempts like this should not be made at home )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuXjd1oGkqg

The videos are there to only give you an idea on how it sounds. Obviously the exhaust is louder and better sounding in person.

The reason for me running the stock DP is AMS made a post a while back about how they made their first DP for the X and they got 0 gains. They stated that the stock DP was very well constructed and running an AM DP was only needed for bigger turbos... Then AMS came out with their widemouth DP and started to show gains.
When I got the exhaust the widemouth DP was just released and I felt that I didnt need it if the stock DP was doing just as good of a job as an AM DP.

When I get cams I will how ever be installing the AMS DP just so its there later on if I do decide to do anything further.

Mods include
Exhaust listed above
Cosworth Drop in
AMS stealth UICP

Still running on stock tune until my cams are installed

-DJ

Quick Reply: Official Evolution X Exhaust Thread