Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Official Evolution X Exhaust Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2010 | 06:05 PM
Evolved Member

I'm surprised I don't hear more about the Invida Q300. I bought this exhaust and downpipe/testpipe combo and it sounds absolutely sick. Polished, titanium tips. Really gives the X an aggressive note.
Old Feb 10, 2010 | 02:07 PM

I've listened, I've read, I've watched and I've pondered. If there is anyone on this board who can't make up his mind, it's me. But I have actually made up my mind. As soon as the budget allows I'm ordering the Ultimate racing dual catback with mini muffler.
Old Feb 11, 2010 | 05:16 PM
Evolved Member

If you get the ams single exhaust youre definitely goin to set off car alarms. I already set off a couple. I've been told that the exhaust sounds great and see alot of people drooling when i get on it. It just annoying how everybody in theyre mother wants to race you so be prepared for that.
Originally Posted by ripnbst
I am looking at getting the AMS widemouth DP, I already have Speed Circuit Test pipe (which is awesome by the way) and I am trying to decide on a catback. If I go with the AMS single exit am I going to set off car alarms? What about the ETS V-2 dual exit, still car alarms? I know they are gonna be loud, thats the goal. I just dont want them to be hide your children, something is wrong loud.

Last edited by jayevo23; Feb 11, 2010 at 07:35 PM.
Old Feb 11, 2010 | 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by jayevo23
If you get the ams single exhaust youre definitely goin to set off car alarms. I already set off a couple. I've been that the exhaust sounds great and see alot of people drooling when i get on it. It just annoying how everybody in theyre mother wants to race you so be prepared for that.
Think my tomei tbe will set off alarms when I get it????
Old Feb 11, 2010 | 07:36 PM
Evolved Member

lol have no clue but it sounds good on the youtube clips i've heard
Old Feb 17, 2010 | 11:51 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EddyC
I've listened, I've read, I've watched and I've pondered. If there is anyone on this board who can't make up his mind, it's me. But I have actually made up my mind. As soon as the budget allows I'm ordering the Ultimate racing dual catback with mini muffler.

same here men --

1st choice - borla then it became bushur -- but didnt like catback without muffler ... then i saw a cheap price 4 invidia q300 -- tried looking for the history of this brand - did not find mch interesting reviews ... then i saw the specialty X looks really nice ..bt pricy ... then saw the ets v2 set-up.. like the looks and sound bt pricy .. saw ultimate racing same set-up with ets v2 sound kinda the same too.. a lil lower with the price ...

now cant come up with decision ... **** --- .................
Old Feb 20, 2010 | 05:00 AM

Is there anyone on the forum who has the Ultimate Racing catback with mini-muffler?

I know it is somewhat loud whichever configuration you get, which is cool, but I would like to know if with mini-muffler, you can still listen to music without the sound of the exhaust being too much of an interference.

Last edited by EddyC; Feb 20, 2010 at 05:07 AM.
Old Feb 23, 2010 | 03:49 PM

I would like to have the length of the OEM catalytic converter portion of the exhaust...from one flange to the other. In inches please.

I'm looking forward to go with a custom HFC.

thanks!
Old Feb 23, 2010 | 05:16 PM
Evolving Member

Here's a video of a Perrin Catback and a UR Resonated Test-Pipe,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VGYAqo79OA
Old Feb 24, 2010 | 02:49 AM

Originally Posted by SniperwolF
same here men --

1st choice - borla then it became bushur -- but didnt like catback without muffler ... then i saw a cheap price 4 invidia q300 -- tried looking for the history of this brand - did not find mch interesting reviews ... then i saw the specialty X looks really nice ..bt pricy ... then saw the ets v2 set-up.. like the looks and sound bt pricy .. saw ultimate racing same set-up with ets v2 sound kinda the same too.. a lil lower with the price ...

now cant come up with decision ... **** --- .................
I think we can ALL relate. There are so many factors. Price of course. Man, Specialty-X sounds great but is so pricey. I think for many of us it's the sound. I mean, there are numerous ones that sound great and we want that, but does it drone? Can I hear my stereo clearly or is the exhuast note part of every song? I just shelled out two G's + to upgrade my sound. But I'm still going with UR with mini muffler. Reminds me of the Seinfeld line to Kramer about fruit. Fruit's a gamble. I know that going in.
Old Feb 25, 2010 | 12:20 PM

What are the 3 quiestest 3in exhaust?
Old Feb 25, 2010 | 12:27 PM

magnaflow!!!
Old Feb 25, 2010 | 06:58 PM
Evolved Member

Magnaflow
BR Crossflow
T1R

That sounds about right...in no particular order.
Old Feb 25, 2010 | 07:08 PM
EvoM Community Team

I'd say the Blitz is the quietest... 1 level above stock?
Old Feb 25, 2010 | 07:42 PM
Evolved Member

Fair enough. I haven't paid much attention to it.

Quick Reply: Official Evolution X Exhaust Thread