Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Official Evolution X Exhaust Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2010 | 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by endGameXIII
i had a old recording of it...but switching to Ti tips soon. i'll make sure to get a recording and pics before i take it off.
please,, thank you!
Old Mar 27, 2010 | 05:30 AM
Evolved Member

i love the way the Apexi sound
Old Mar 27, 2010 | 05:17 PM
Evolved Member

hmm, specialty X, any people have clips of the CBE version?
Old Mar 30, 2010 | 03:58 PM

my custom 996

I decided to get a custom cat back exhaust. Here is what I have:

Perrin catted downpipe => 3inch center with small muffler => 2.5 Y split => dual 2.5 mufflers => 996 tips

I am not sure if they are 996 tips or other. I got them used and not on a car.

I really like the sound of this and the performance is pretty darn good.

Gonna sell my works stealth now!

Let me know what you think =>

http://www.youtube.com/user/hobbitos
Old Mar 30, 2010 | 06:49 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah, it does sound very good. Not too loud, not too timid. Just right. But, I have to say, the tips do look like they got bent out of shape, any partcular reason to do so ? sorry, not hating, just my opinion.
Old Mar 30, 2010 | 06:56 PM
EvoM Community Team

I think I like the sound... not feeling the tips. Would be nice to get a dyno on it.
Old Mar 30, 2010 | 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by CatalystGod
Yeah, it does sound very good. Not too loud, not too timid. Just right. But, I have to say, the tips do look like they got bent out of shape, any partcular reason to do so ? sorry, not hating, just my opinion.

The tips are funky fish lips looking. They are not bent - supposed to be that way- but they are installed a little crooked! From standing you can not tell that much. I was more interested in designing my own system with what I had. Overall the sound came out perfect and it is a completely open system minus the perrin downpipe.

I was going for something different. I think I got an A for effort and A for sound but an EH for looks. I do I actually kinda like em when they are on right.

Thanks for the props to the sound!
Old Apr 2, 2010 | 05:28 PM

The wife drove the car and loves the new exhaust note. It doesn't get any better than that.
Old Apr 2, 2010 | 05:38 PM
Evolved Member

adding magnaflow's to the mix:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqnYwCfwCfQ
Old Apr 2, 2010 | 05:54 PM
EvoM Community Team

Originally Posted by EddyC
The wife drove the car and loves the new exhaust note. It doesn't get any better than that.
Which exhaust?
Old Apr 3, 2010 | 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by migs647
Which exhaust?
I went with Ultimate Racing catback with mini muffler after listening to everything in the exhaust thread. It was nice, but not QUITE as loud an exhaust note as I wanted. For more HP I then went with an AMS hfc. I found that just adding that pipe gave me the sound I wanted. I expected my wife to say it was too loud, but she texted me....this thing has a nice growl now! Fun, fun, fun.
Old Apr 3, 2010 | 07:40 AM
EvoM Community Team

Cool glad you like it (and your wife).

I'm thinking of going with the CP-E exhaust now. I was really was almost certain i was going to go to a Invidia Q300 or a Tomei, but both I think are just a bit too raspy for me. I'll also be running a HFC, so we'll see how it goes. I think I'll be putting my order in very soon (soon as CP-E gets back to me). This thread has been a ton of help.
Old Apr 3, 2010 | 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by migs647
Cool glad you like it (and your wife).

I'm thinking of going with the CP-E exhaust now. I was really was almost certain i was going to go to a Invidia Q300 or a Tomei, but both I think are just a bit too raspy for me. I'll also be running a HFC, so we'll see how it goes. I think I'll be putting my order in very soon (soon as CP-E gets back to me). This thread has been a ton of help.
I don't think you can go wrong with the cp-e exhaust. Once the Specialty-X price took it out of the mix for me, that was one of my last two choices.
Old Apr 5, 2010 | 08:19 PM
Evolving Member

Has anyone seen or heard the DC Sports Dual Canister exhaust?? Looks pretty decent, but cannot find anything on it.
Old Apr 9, 2010 | 08:52 AM

My Tsudo V2 arrived yesterday, I don't know why there is a mess of ish being talked about this exhaust. Welds look good, has the same design as a popular JDM exhaust, and looks really good. I haven't had a chance to mount it yet, I guess that will be the final test. We will see. I also have a UR shorty DP going on as well. I'll post sound bytes once I get it on.

Quick Reply: Official Evolution X Exhaust Thread