Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buschur Racing EVO X update.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2009, 11:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
I'm going to just skip the last two posts....................easier than putting up with the response's to what I have to say.

Compare the numbers from this car, on pump gas at 25 psi to other dyno sheets that have been posted on EVOm from any other shop you chose. I think you can find your answers for yourselves on the boost control and the power output of the turbo.
Old Jan 24, 2009, 11:25 AM
Evolved Member

More information on the car.

Today I went into the shop, it was nice an quiet, I was the only one there.

I built the 3" downpipe for the car. I also installed a resonator in the exhaust to try and drop the sound down further than it is.

Since this final tune has been in the car I've put about 50 miles on it. I checked for any pending codes in the ECU this afternoon and there are none. It would appear to me we've got it. Some fairly major accomplishments in that department.

I have to say this again, but this car is STRONG, responsive and a joy to drive.

The resonator I used is very short, I think it's about 10". The noise level did drop but I must be getting old............I want it quieter. I want to work on the noise level side of the car more.

I'll get some dyno sheets posted up this week when we get it back on the dyno. I may try to lean on the car a little to see how much it will make, safely, on pump gas.

Thanks for the questions and interest.
Old Jan 24, 2009, 12:10 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
David,
ill say it again.... Im glad you like ur X...

i love mine and im only making 328whp hee he...

we are swapping turbos soon and im hoping to make some decent power... not looking forward to doing X cams!

let me know how you make out with quieting it down...we built a custom exhaust on our X with a resonator where the cat was, another straight resonator and single in dual out muffler... its super quiet, but too much of a pain in the butt to build for people, but I think youre on the right track with keeping it quiet.

cheers

cb
Old Jan 24, 2009, 01:22 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks Chad. This car just needs the longer resonator put in it and I think it's going to be perfect. This short one knocked just enough edge off the sound to be pretty enjoyable, I'd like to see how quiet I can get it though without taking away any power.
Old Jan 24, 2009, 01:24 PM
JEP
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not trying to cause controversy Dave I was just trying to get another shop's 2cents on the fp red. You said in some previous posts that your Red was a prototype and wasn't performing well. Since that time the FP Red has been fixed and runs very well according to some other venders. I know AMS has tuned both turbo's recently and should have a definitive answer for all...Sorry if you thought I was bashing your opinion!!!
Old Jan 24, 2009, 01:28 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice work Dave.. Your X seems to be making great power on the mods so far.. I am looking forward to getting the 3" downpipes also..
Old Jan 24, 2009, 01:38 PM
Evolved Member

OK Jep, I understand. It's hard to tell what people are trying to stir up on the internet. AMS has posted dyno sheets of their Red tuning, just take a look around and you can compare. I have sheet posted of this turbo with no cams for reference on here somewhere.

Mike, I will have down pipes in about 2 weeks. Tested or untested it seems there are people who have to have a downpipe (not referring to you) and that my other testing wasn't up to par. I will see how the car does on the dyno this week.

After working on the car again today I can still say the stock downpipe is one nice piece.
Old Jan 24, 2009, 01:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dave -- I am really interested in why you prefer using an MBC vs. ECU or EBC. Would you mind PMing me your thoughts or post here? I am guessing it has something to do with ease and something to do with operating out of the turbos efficiency range, but would love to know the details.

Also, regarding a quiet exhaust -- I would love one for the 9 that produces power. Are you making any updates to your 9 exhausts to make them even more quiet? Thanks

Chris
Old Jan 24, 2009, 05:47 PM
JEP
Evolving Member

No problem Dave I will most likely be getting the Blouch turbo. Hope to see you soon for a cam install & tune!!!
Old Jan 24, 2009, 07:53 PM
Evolved Member

Yes, we are currently working on the EVO8-9 exhausts too. I just made some changes on my own RS that made nearly a 4 decibel change at idle, that's half as quiet to the human ear for reference.
Old Jan 24, 2009, 08:21 PM
Account Disabled

Nice work Dave,

I bet that thing is a blast to drive, 400 on a real MD with pump is a quick car!
Old Jan 24, 2009, 08:30 PM
Evolved Member

Thank you GST, it is very quick, shockingly actually. My respect for the EVOX, 4B11T has grown by LEAPS and BOUNDS in the last 2 months. It's fast and it's enjoyable.

BTW, did I mention to anyone driving an EVO with freaking cruise control is freaking AWESOME?!!! haha
Old Jan 24, 2009, 08:34 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by davidbuschur

BTW, did I mention to anyone driving an EVO with freaking cruise control is freaking AWESOME?!!! haha
Haha, we are both getting old, I feel the same way.

Good thing is now we can have our cake and eat it too.

I'm waiting until the Genesis Coupe comes out to decide what to "upgrade" to from my personal Evo 8.
Old Jan 24, 2009, 11:57 PM
Evolved Member

Nice work Mr. Buschur. I feel you on the old part or more of just this car, the X. I installed a custom exhaust with dual small magnaflow mufflers thinking it would be quiet enough and that lasted one trip home. I think a big resonator is a must to keep the noise down.
I still have my VIII and I don't mind the noise in that car and that has the straight Buschur tbe with no cat and buschur muffler. I enjoy driving the X because it's quiet. So I wanna be first on the list when you're content with the exhaust noise and ready to market it.

Ron-RS Motors
Old Jan 26, 2009, 05:26 AM
Evolving Member

Great progress on the Evo X I was starting to wonder why you guys didn't post that often anymore...I have an question, but I'm sure you won't mind I purchased your cat-back a while back and I love it But I was wondering if you could PM me about ex-changing (if possible) my Bullet muffler for the quieter (better ground clearance) "quiet" muffler??? Or how much for the quiet muffler only instead.

Thanks.

Quick Reply: Buschur Racing EVO X update.