Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buschur Racing EVO X update.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2009, 05:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Buschur Racing EVO X update.

Just wanted to post up an update on our EVOX.

The car is currently equipped with the following:

BR true dual catback with Magnaflow muffler
BR offroad pipe
BR 2.5" upper i/c pipe
BR 2.5" lower i/c pipe
BR airfilter kit
BR carbon fiber air filter shield
BR manual boost controller
BR lightweight battery kit
Cosworth 266 cams
BR Race FMIC
RC780 cc injectors
Blouch Dominator turbo
Ecutec base tune

The car made 407 whp on our dyno and 443 whp on a Dynojet.

Maximum boost was 25 psi. The car is running straight 93 octane.

The turbo is just awesome. I am seriously happy with this turbo. The spool up is excellent and the power throughout the RPM band is excellent. The car does not fall of at all regardless of RPM.

The rev limiter is set at 7800 rpm and it pulls so hard there that shifting doesn't cross your mind, so most of the time you hit the revlimiter.

Now, we were initially trying to get the car to idle and run nice with the bigger cams and big injectors. This was a fairly rough task at first.

Things started to come together and I want to say that as of today the car runs absolutely excellent. You can certainly tell there are cams in the car but it doesn't have the rough "lope" associated with most stock ECU/MAF equipped cars when big cams are added.

We also seem to have the rear 02 sensor taken care of so there are no more CEL's for having the cat out of the car.

No matter how hard I run it, at any rpm, the car accelerates smoothly and drives around town very docile.

The car is a serious blast and joy to drive.

I'd like to make the car even quieter than it is and that is next on my list along with building a 3" downpipe for the car and see if at this power level there are any gains.

I am absolutely certain this is a low 11 second EVO at this point at 124'ish mph. It pull that hard.

I want to thank the guys at Blouch for the great turbo. Chad at CBRD for some input he had. I also have another guy that wishes to stay anonymous that provided a lot of input and knowledge beyond what is available currently to get the car straightened out. You know who you are, thank YOU.

The EVO X is a kick butt car.

The natural progression is of course to make more power and run a larger turbo, build the engine, etc. I have pistons, I have rods, I have parts. I have no desire to get into the engine yet. As a matter of fact I hope I put 100,000 miles on this car and don't have to touch the engine. I am so happy with it right now I have no desire to put a big laggy GT35r on it.

This turbo is kicking *** and doing it with a ton of low end. I think working this combination further is the smartest way to go on the car.

I can see stock appearing EVOX's running in the 10's this year and it could be done on pump gas.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited by David Buschur; Jan 26, 2009 at 09:25 AM.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 05:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Excellent. Thanks for posting up the current status of the car.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 05:39 PM
Jan
Evolving Member

Awesome guys
Old Jan 23, 2009, 05:49 PM
Evolved Member

how does the dominator turbo compare to the FP Red in terms of spool-up time?
Old Jan 23, 2009, 05:55 PM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Sweet Keep going, make 450whp on pump gas with porting mods, maybe try o2 housing again, or heck, try out aquamist Power, torque, and responsiveness, driveability. All the good things in a true sports car!
Old Jan 23, 2009, 06:00 PM
Evolved Member

Location: Philly, Germany, Japan, UK...South Dakota (Da Sticks).......
Originally Posted by DJ Brett B
^^ I was just about the ask the same question......
Old Jan 23, 2009, 06:00 PM
Evolving Member

Very impressive ,with a few mods still not done 450whp on a mustang dyno ? on pump gas? whooa... gettin serious in here.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 06:30 PM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Dave, how's the boost taper on this turbo? Time for ECU-based boost control. Talk with Bryan@GST, there's gains to be had if there is any taper what-so-ever with that MBC. Could be an easy 10whp.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by DJ Brett B
how does it compare to stock.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 08:11 PM
Evolved Member

Very nice results David. I am glad to see you enjoy your X. I can feel the enthusiasm in your post
Old Jan 23, 2009, 08:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the update Dave, I am looking forward to what this thing can do with more simple mods such as the intake manifold you/indy are doing and ported TB (prolly pain in the *** since DBW?). I'd love to see this thing on E85 once you figure out the dual pumper and bigger injectors

Last edited by Guerillah; Jan 23, 2009 at 08:55 PM.
Old Jan 24, 2009, 06:19 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
Awesome. Kinda makes me miss mine.
Old Jan 24, 2009, 07:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
I had a Red on the car................mine was a prototype with a custom compressor cover on the car. It did not work well. I took it off and sent it back to Robert. He feels the turbo was compromised because of the compressor cover choice. It is being re-worked and sent back that was a few weeks ago. Comparing this to what I had, (which very well could have been bad) there is no comparison.

I haven't driven the car with the stock turbo on it in 8 months. I cannot give good feedback on that comparison. The spool up is very good though. I can look at some logs and post the boost graph the next time I put it on the dyno, which will probably be this week.

A Wilson intake manifold and a larger throttle will be in the works in the future.

The boost taper, I don't have the boost logs in front of me but the turbo does taper. Peak on our dyno was about 24.7 if I remember right. By 7800 rpm the boost was down in the 21 psi range if I remember correctly. I have my own thoughts on boost taper.

This car won't get ECU based boost control as I prefer a manual boost controller. Customer cars in the future will get it if they want it.

Thank you for the interest.
Old Jan 24, 2009, 08:04 AM
Evolved Member

Dave, Just curious why you prefer manual to ECU based boost control? Simpler to do?

Later, Ken
Old Jan 24, 2009, 08:13 AM
JEP
Evolving Member

Nice job Dave!!! Just wondering if AMS would chime in and give their thoughts on the Red VS Blouch turbo's. I think AMS has tuned both turbo's recently so I hope they can give us some insight...

Quick Reply: Buschur Racing EVO X update.