Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Ebay intecooler pipes

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2009, 11:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by macPSU
Low HP or not, if you're going to mod your car, you might as well do it right and get quality, proven parts. That's my .02.
while I completely agree that you should do it right and get the quality parts... new companies don't always mean bad quality. All shops started out unknown at some point.
Old Mar 25, 2009, 12:22 AM

The ebay company has taken a product (from a reputable vendor) and copied it-using cheap piping/materials. The vendors on this site-several of whom I have talked to/bought from, and read about their customer service-have been great overall--these are the people that would be hurt by buying knock-off piping (or other parts).
Old Mar 25, 2009, 12:27 AM
Evolving Member

Common you have a 35k car and you want to put cheap replica ebay parts on it!?!?! Are u kidding me! Go for it! Then pm me and I may have a connection so you can buy another evo at a decent price. Why take shortcuts? Price out vendors and get a quality brand at a good price. The only vehicles no offense I see ebay parts on are hondas.... Are we bringing them to Evos now =/

Last edited by Project_Evo; Mar 25, 2009 at 01:13 AM.
Old Mar 25, 2009, 12:32 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Gexxer
while I completely agree that you should do it right and get the quality parts... new companies don't always mean bad quality. All shops started out unknown at some point.
Well then let others take the chance on messing up their rides, and go with a company that is repable. Or you can help test products for a new company =) with your ride.. How nice a company having individuals willing to sacrifice their vehicles for the sake of the company.
Old Mar 25, 2009, 03:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Kisada
i would think this is the perfect pipe kit for rota fans
You would think huh? Thanks for the enlightening comment.
Old Mar 25, 2009, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Gexxer
http://www.evoxtuning.com/store/mits...g-p-18037.html

the ETS system doesn't include the CAI.

sorry if the link is inapproiate, it was the first one i found when i searched.
Get what you pay for
Old Mar 26, 2009, 03:09 PM

The biggest reason why you shouldn't buy eBay chinese knock-off crap is because it is a HUGE reason why the tuner industry is having difficult times, economy aside. This has been an issue for the past several years. The quality control is horrible, they straight up steal designs taking money out of hard working folks pockets around the US/Japan/Europe. NEVER buy no-name crap parts off eBay or anywhere else! Doing so is just saying you dont give a crap about your vehicle, hobby, small businesses, and country.
Old Mar 26, 2009, 03:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by heavyD
The ebay pipes usually end up leaking as they are thin and easily lose their shape from clamping and turn oval at the ends. I hate boost leaks so they aren't worth it to me.
I've had the ebay intercooler pipes on my Evo9 for over a year.

C'mon guys, its PIPING. As long as the fitment is correct (which it was for me..) your good to go!
Old Mar 26, 2009, 03:23 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by enter801
The biggest reason why you shouldn't buy eBay chinese knock-off crap is because it is a HUGE reason why the tuner industry is having difficult times, economy aside. This has been an issue for the past several years. The quality control is horrible, they straight up steal designs taking money out of hard working folks pockets around the US/Japan/Europe. NEVER buy no-name crap parts off eBay or anywhere else! Doing so is just saying you dont give a crap about your vehicle, hobby, small businesses, and country.
Old Mar 26, 2009, 03:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kisada
i would think this is the perfect pipe kit for rota fans
that made me lol
Old Mar 26, 2009, 03:40 PM
Evolved Member

and this goes for knock off rims as well
Old Mar 26, 2009, 03:40 PM
Evolving Member

they cannot even describe their product right i wouldnt buy that.
Old Mar 26, 2009, 03:42 PM
Evolving Member

so by this thinking we should buy the ebay stuff if was "stolen" from a non american company and then made by americans, b/c then we would be supporting the american economy. Course stealing from americans and then selling it cheaper is the american way :P
Old Mar 27, 2009, 06:30 PM
Evolving Member

Old Mar 27, 2009, 06:31 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ev0lution9
they cannot even describe their product right i wouldnt buy that.
LOL... Half of them dont even have a name or brand! "Greddy Type" "HKS Type"