Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

DG Motor's Evo X Goes Under The Knife!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2009, 12:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dg motors
i need to see how blouch's wga works. You have first dibs on the forge if we have no use for it!!!
Old Apr 17, 2009, 03:17 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by evofan_08
hell no i live closer i want it lool damn you you beat me to it lool omg Pete im in a huge hole i started to change the down pipe and dealth happened i had all 4 of 5 nuts off the dP and then the 5th one broke now i have to take everything off and my car is in pecies no clue what im going to do next
Old Apr 17, 2009, 03:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DG Motors
I need to see how blouch's wga works. You have first dibs on the forge if we have no use for it!!!
Works very well, should be a 20psi, same as mine. Only trouble I have now is getting an ebc to work smoothly when I'm only asking for 4psi over spring pressure
Old Apr 17, 2009, 04:14 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Evo a Mula
hell no i live closer i want it lool damn you you beat me to it lool omg Pete im in a huge hole i started to change the down pipe and dealth happened i had all 4 of 5 nuts off the dP and then the 5th one broke now i have to take everything off and my car is in pecies no clue what im going to do next
I am sorry to hear that, I wish you would have brought the car here. I would have done you a solid on the labor you know that!!!
Old Apr 17, 2009, 04:15 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mad_VIII
Works very well, should be a 20psi, same as mine. Only trouble I have now is getting an ebc to work smoothly when I'm only asking for 4psi over spring pressure
Gotcha! well we are going to see what we can do with the stock boost maxed out I have a few forge mbc's laying around if we aren't satisfied with the power output the stock ecu can provide on pump gas.
Old Apr 17, 2009, 04:15 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by evofan_08
looks like you are getting the wga. Let me tune the car first. Injectors will be here Tuesday, we will be tuning Tuesday night. If all goes well, you have the wga.
Old Apr 17, 2009, 04:16 PM
Account Disabled

actually i want to get the over to you but i dont think the car is driveable right now you were the 1st person i thought of when i ran into problems i guessi just got hungrey i put on three parts and thought i was superman no idea what to do now
Old Apr 17, 2009, 04:16 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 4myX
the wastegate that comes with the blouch works very well, I never changed mine
we will see what happens Tuesday night. I am going to hold onto the forge just in case.
Old Apr 17, 2009, 04:17 PM
Former Sponsor

Just fired up the car. The exedy twin hd has absolutely no chatter. That is good news and the peddle feels nice and stiff. I like stiff clutches. The exhaust note hasn't changed at all imo. Going for a test drive in a few minutes.
Old Apr 17, 2009, 05:23 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Evo a Mula
actually i want to get the over to you but i dont think the car is driveable right now you were the 1st person i thought of when i ran into problems i guessi just got hungrey i put on three parts and thought i was superman no idea what to do now
I am sorry, evofan had first dibs on the forge wga. You can have the car towed to our shop and we can take care of the rest. It's up to you!
Old Apr 17, 2009, 11:17 PM

I might be interested in coming down to check out your shop one day. I'm not too far away from you guys and it looks like you guys are doing great things on the island.
Old Apr 18, 2009, 05:53 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by NYC-X
I might be interested in coming down to check out your shop one day. I'm not too far away from you guys and it looks like you guys are doing great things on the island.
Sounds good. Our normal operating hours are listed in my signature. You can usually find us there on a Saturday with some kind of tuning going on
Old Apr 18, 2009, 05:55 AM
Former Sponsor

Well my first impressions with this turbo is that there is no more lag than stock. I won't know until we strap the car back down on the dyno and do a baseline. I can tell you guys that this car wants to go hard! The exedy twin gives it a real nice feel as well. It is starting to feel more like an evo now. As soon as we get these injectors/fuel pump in we will be tuning later that day. I am hoping for Tuesday night.
Old Apr 18, 2009, 06:01 AM

the mitsu tat is legendary
Old Apr 18, 2009, 06:02 AM
Account Disabled

do you think you will pass the numbers you wanted to meet??

Quick Reply: DG Motor's Evo X Goes Under The Knife!