Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

What is the limit of the stock block?

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2009, 09:26 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Hiboost
Indeed, crickets...

I plan on running with the GT3076R turbo on the stock block for as long as it will take the abuse. Seems like unless you are pushing a GT35R setup on race gas/higher boost the stock block should play nice. Of course with factory internals there is going to be some variance from the day of the week that your engine was made.
Actually I think its the opposite. Higher power on a slower spooling turbo, more efficient at lower boost would make for a more reliable setup than the stock turbo at higher boost, making less power than the larger turbo.
Old May 28, 2009, 09:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Ok that makes sense that pushing a stock turbo to 30+ psi for wild low end torque on race gas might be riskier than a slower spooling turbo that has a more even torque delivery over the entire rev range. I'm going to watch my knocklite for torque peak boost spike as the most critical areas to be carefull tuning out any knock.
Old May 28, 2009, 09:55 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
Actually I think its the opposite. Higher power on a slower spooling turbo, more efficient at lower boost would make for a more reliable setup than the stock turbo at higher boost, making less power than the larger turbo.
I agree with that as well. With the stock turbo, I think a lot of HP is wasted trying to push the exhaust gases past the smallish turbine.
Old May 28, 2009, 10:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sorry I don't lie, and I am not trying to get in a pissing contest with you but I called groden before thanksgiving and he said send me a rod and cash and he would make me a set for our Evo X. But it is ok i was working on evo x before you even had one me and a couple of guys had worked on one of the fastest evo in the US formally known as "BVP" while we were building that one I was also building a second red one the car is sponsored by Ferrea, Drive shaft shop, Tilton, John Shepard, Rogue machine shop Etc.. Like I said I dont want to brag and I dont want to get into a pissing contest or anything like that But I am not some Joe Smoe. And if you take this to the wrong way, then you tell me how would you respond if I was on here posting up on your post and say your were lying about some thing you were doing with out me even know you or even knowing if it was true I felt insulted by your post.

Last edited by MIGHTYMOUSE1; May 28, 2009 at 10:54 PM.
Old May 28, 2009, 10:42 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GPTourer
Be that as it may, WTH does this....

...have to do with anything?

But I'll play. Let's see some pics of this drag car.
I will post of some pics of the car in few days the car is completely gutted, and being prepared for the roll cage install. Sorry I have been away from the internet lately we have been swamped with work and could not post sooner we will update you on the build this week.

Btw Scot we spoke with groden and we were doing the same thing, if you want to do some research call Scott at ferrea he has our head for R&D and is sending it back this week or why not call Kirk at Tilton and ask him if his is done with our clutch that they or building for the car which by the way their is no tilton clutch for evo X right now either or call shep he is also working on our Transmission, Transfer case and Rear end and Rogue @ Rogue fab in tampa he is working on our intake manifold and exhaust manifold oh yea last but not least talk to frank at drive shaft shop and ask him how he is doing on our axles all these guys have our parts from our EvoX and we have been working on them since Nov of 2008. We are not new to this industry and as stated on my previous post we played part in the BVP evo X when it was breaking Records. Do you actually think you the only person that knows people come on this community is huge you know us as well but know us as the "Brothers" We dont want to get into a pissing match with you or anyone all we were doing is posting up our project and getting some other peoples opionion on the stock block. With that said lets get back on topic and we will also post up the pics of the car .

And we want to thank everyone for their opinions and experiences they posted up about their evo X
Old May 29, 2009, 06:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
MIGHTYMOUSE1:

I think part of the problem was your presentation of long run on sentances with little to no punctuation, no signature showing any shop affilation, and sub 30 posts since you joined these boards in October 08. Basically it's hard to tell who a "Mightymouse1" is in the EvoX world and making claims you did would throw any vendor off until they got more information.
Old May 29, 2009, 06:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
i'm running 28 Psi spike on race gas./110/, so that's mean i can have that ring failure in the future?
I have 0 issue with my car what so ever so far /13k miles/.

Which Psi is safe with the engine, if you run longer then a drag or the track cars?

Thanks for the input.

Rob

Last edited by Robevo RS; May 29, 2009 at 06:20 AM.
Old May 29, 2009, 06:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
deleted
Old May 29, 2009, 09:03 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wtf?

Originally Posted by robevo rs
deleted
Old May 29, 2009, 09:06 AM
Evolving Member

There are a lot of people running high boost on the stock block and tracking these cars consistently without failure. Does this mean you will not have this problem no. There seems to be quality issues with "some" of these engines. I have 20k on mine and have run 23psi tuned for most of that mileage. I seem to be having this engine issue. You never know.

Originally Posted by Robevo RS
i'm running 28 Psi spike on race gas./110/, so that's mean i can have that ring failure in the future?

Which Psi is safe with the engine, if you run longer then a drag or the track cars?

Thanks for the input.

Rob
Old May 29, 2009, 09:47 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Hiboost
MIGHTYMOUSE1:

I think part of the problem was your presentation of long run on sentances with little to no punctuation, no signature showing any shop affilation, and sub 30 posts since you joined these boards in October 08. Basically it's hard to tell who a "Mightymouse1" is in the EvoX world and making claims you did would throw any vendor off until they got more information.
Thats understandable but in this community you mean to tell me no one cant build a car with out being affilated with a shop? We started out of our backyard just like alot of shops out here. Even TTP him self started out of his garage, but to come on here and start bashing not even knowing who he was bashing is another thing. I think a few questions would of been a better way of getting answers other than assuming they new it all. Thats my oppinion.
Old May 29, 2009, 09:51 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Robevo RS

Thanks for the input.

Rob
Yes we have done the same we ran about 35psi on our car on stock turbo, and we had no issues aswell. The only issue we had was the gas peddle breaking lol. But Rogue helped us out with that problem
Old May 29, 2009, 10:41 AM
Evolving Member

So a great rule of thumb would be to have money as backup when going to a higher boost setup.

Next question: How much money would one have to have to accomplish all the repairs/upgrades to the motor after an issue?
Old May 29, 2009, 12:02 PM
Evolving Member

That all depends on the shop among a lot other factors. Depending on what you get it could be anywhere from $5k-10k+ with labor. If off the bat you decided to drop pistons and rods in that would something different as you wouldn't need to touch the block from what I understand but once you get up there in mileage a full rebuild should be done.

Originally Posted by Excalibur
So a great rule of thumb would be to have money as backup when going to a higher boost setup.

Next question: How much money would one have to have to accomplish all the repairs/upgrades to the motor after an issue?
Old May 29, 2009, 04:29 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MIGHTYMOUSE1
I will post of some pics of the car in few days the car is completely gutted, and being prepared for the roll cage install. Sorry I have been away from the internet lately we have been swamped with work and could not post sooner we will update you on the build this week.

Btw Scot we spoke with groden and we were doing the same thing,

And we want to thank everyone for their opinions and experiences they posted up about their evo X
We are only interested in the Groden Rods as we just received the first ones ever made today. Groden had no idea what a 4b11 even was. You can post a pic of a Groden 4b11t rod stamped with 4b11 on it and we would concede, however until then unfortunately we call BS. There would be no need for us to ship out stock rods to him for mic and measurement if they had already built a 4b11 rod.

As for our proof. Its in the pudding:

Quick Reply: What is the limit of the stock block?