Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

FMIC AMS v. ETS v. Perrin (Discussion)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2009, 08:39 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dongchad
i just ordered my ets 4" core this afternoon, hope everything fits perfectly fine without any modifications.
Nice I think there is like one left now.
Old Jun 16, 2009, 09:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by tokwc
What adjustments did u make ?

I've installed the ETS 4" on my 2009 JDM SST. I thought it will fit just right but i am not able to properly mount back my crash bar after installing the FMIC. The black bracket (use to secure to the front frame) at the center of the crash bar is touching against the top of the FMIC and hence preventing the crash bar from securing back to the crash bar bracket on the right of the car (the left fits OK). I end up only securing the 4 bolts on the right side of the crash bar (the top and bottom bolts not able to secure as i am not able to push the crash bar back enough to align).

BTW, i've inserted the 2 rubber screw mounts from FMIC to the ETS bottom mounting points. The bottom mounting hole is much smaller than the stock FMIC and hence it is a very tight fit. I am begining to wonder if these 2 rubber screw mounts are causing the fitment issue and whether it should be in the new FMIC at all?
the black bracket got a bit of the bfh.
Old Jun 16, 2009, 09:35 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by goofygrin
the black bracket got a bit of the bfh.
I love that phrase!
Old Jun 18, 2009, 03:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reporting back after the visit to workshop: The ETS 4" FMIC fit perfectly, NO modification required! It didn't fit previously was because i did not secure the 2 bottom bolts tight enough, thereby causing the top horizontal corner of the core to point upward and block the bracket.

Micheal, u are really humble to say that the bracket might need to be massaged..but in fact your core will just fit perfectly!!

Thanks Michael.. i will be heading down to the workshop this Thursday to modify the bracket.

I was worried about the water temp but the logging over the last few days show no increase in water temp with this much thicker core.. i am delighted!!
Old Jun 18, 2009, 03:59 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Reporting back after the visit to workshop: The ETS 4" FMIC fit perfectly, NO modification required! It didn't fit previously was because i did not secure the 2 bottom bolts tight enough, thereby causing the top horizontal corner of the core to point upward and block the bracket.

Micheal, u are really humble to say that the bracket might need to be massaged..but in fact your core will just fit perfectly!!
Thanks for the update