Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

look at those cheap exhaust

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2009, 06:42 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
look at those cheap exhaust

I was looking for an exle back exhaust on ebay......I know I know you guys are not very fans of ebay stuff. at first I wanted and test pipe to stick with the stock exhaust. but my friend did it with is MR and it didnt had any sound at all. So I want to putt an axle back to the stock cat. yes I know it sound ridiculous to stay with the stock cat. but here cops are very mad,lol. and I really dont want to make to much noise just a little bit more.

heres what I found. both exhaust have a good brand...these are not unknown brands.....here are the link give me news on that.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3AIT&viewitem=

really do love that megan. just wouldnt putt that test pipe. nice exhaust.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=370202428208

love the look of this one. but I think i prefer the MEGAN....you guys??

ps: PRICE.....MY GOD, VERY LOW...
Old May 22, 2009, 07:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You should be concerned with making more power and not more sound. I thought we grew out of this back in high school.
Old May 22, 2009, 07:26 AM
Former Sponsor

They both look good, Exhaust isnt complicated, don't let guys on here deter you. For the most part its just 3 inch stainless pipe. I would just make sure of the flow of the mufflers. The second muffler does look good. Makes busher and AMS designs look old. I still like UR exhaust best
Old May 22, 2009, 07:58 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Clark_Kent
You should be concerned with making more power and not more sound. I thought we grew out of this back in high school.
hahaha not everyone wants 700hp. my 300hp is good enough and I'm happy with it. if the stock exhaust would be making more noise I would have stick with it. And by the way more noise=more power. thats my point of view, but I understand yours with your hp.

just want to make sure that everyone understand I don't want the sound of a civic. I would love to have the exhaust note of a G37 or a 370z. its not that loud and its good for neighbours,lol.
Old May 22, 2009, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Clark_Kent
Any DECENT exhaust is going to make more power, I always buy exhaust for the sound. More power is useless if it takes away from the enjoyment of your car.

People on here are running both exhausts, you should be happy with either really.
Old May 25, 2009, 02:48 PM

That speed element motorsports exhaust looks nice, and it doesn't sound to loud from the videos... I might be sold on it...
Old May 25, 2009, 02:54 PM
Evolving Member

exhaust

3in pipe is 3in pipe thats my thought on it
Old May 25, 2009, 04:21 PM
Evolving Member

power first
Old May 25, 2009, 11:17 PM

The tsudo exhaust made by speed element has a dyno run:
http://www.speed-element.com/servlet/Detail?no=513
Old May 26, 2009, 07:14 AM
Evolved Member

The second one is the Tsudo Exhaust. It sounds really nice I'm probably going to get that one myself.
Old May 26, 2009, 07:31 AM
Evolved Member

the only complaint i have with the tsudo is the 2.5 to 3 inch transitions that it makes
Old May 26, 2009, 08:17 AM
Evolved Member

Sure you will make more power than with the stock exhaust, thats the easy part. But you get what you pay for. Crack welds, crooked exhaust hangers, crooked exhaust tips, cheap flanges, cheap mufflers that break, the list goes on. You buy from the big guys like AMS perrin, bushard, ect, you pay for good quality products, where people have done the resarch and design the exhaust. This is why i would never get a custom exhaust because it ends up looking like ****. Any one can weld, i can even weld, but can i weld good? Am i a certified welder? No! As far as i know, it could be a 10yr old kid mass producing the exhaust. Better hone up those welding skills cause your going to need it!

Last edited by Red Dragon; May 26, 2009 at 08:20 AM.
Old May 26, 2009, 09:39 AM
Evolved Member

Both the Megan and the Tsudo exhaust are using robotic tig welding. I don't see any problems with that. As for the hangers if it happens to be something that needs attention then I will correct it. It will still be significantly cheaper than the exhausts mentioned by red dragon. I'm all for quality but there are some parts where you can cut corners and get away with it.
Old May 26, 2009, 12:03 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by AWDTerror
the only complaint i have with the tsudo is the 2.5 to 3 inch transitions that it makes
I was in the same boat as you but on the other hand it makes putting the stock cat back on easy. I also heard that they are making a full 3in without the 2.5 transition. I don't really think it will make that big of a difference either way though.
Old Jun 18, 2009, 10:12 PM
Evolved Member

I just saw the Tsudo sample youtube vid... really impressed with the exhaust note. Aggressive & not loud at all. What do you guys think? The CBE is under $400 on ebay... tempting!

Quick Reply: look at those cheap exhaust