Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

T1R exhaust questions for the people who have it

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2009, 01:16 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
T1R exhaust questions for the people who have it

Well I think I have finally decided on an exhaust but I just want to get a final opinion from thoughts that have the T1R turbo back exhaust. Also the reason I have chosen the T1R is because it is one of the quieter exhaust systems. Perrin was also on my list but their down pipe is only the lower half of the down pipe and I am looking for a true turbo back system.

Is there any drone in the car at all during high way speeds? Remember you are not selling the product so give me your 100% honest opinion. I have had a number of cars that I have put exhausts on and some were great, but others had the worst interior drone and I do A LOT of high way driving so this is my biggest fear of getting a new exhaust for my Evo.

With the down pipe, will the stock heat shields still fit?

I know it is one of the quieter exhausts for the Evo, but am I sacrificing a fair bit of potential power with the type of muffler system used to make it as quiet as it is?

I think that is all for now, but any other comments you have about this exhaust system let me know. Below is just a list of the reasons why I decided on the T1R so if there is another system out there that you have or know about that might suit my needs let me know. Or any Combination of exhausts from different companies such as a down pipe from one shop and a cat back from another..

- Quiet
- True turbo back
- I like the burnt tips (not a big deal but it is a nice touch)
- Price isn’t overly bad and its coming from a local Canadian company (could be a bit cheaper. $1,785CDN with shipping)
- From pictures I have seen, the quality is very good
Old May 28, 2009, 02:42 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Freebs
Well I think I have finally decided on an exhaust but I just want to get a final opinion from thoughts that have the T1R turbo back exhaust. Also the reason I have chosen the T1R is because it is one of the quieter exhaust systems. Perrin was also on my list but their down pipe is only the lower half of the down pipe and I am looking for a true turbo back system.

Is there any drone in the car at all during high way speeds? Remember you are not selling the product so give me your 100% honest opinion. I have had a number of cars that I have put exhausts on and some were great, but others had the worst interior drone and I do A LOT of high way driving so this is my biggest fear of getting a new exhaust for my Evo.

With the down pipe, will the stock heat shields still fit?

I know it is one of the quieter exhausts for the Evo, but am I sacrificing a fair bit of potential power with the type of muffler system used to make it as quiet as it is?

I think that is all for now, but any other comments you have about this exhaust system let me know. Below is just a list of the reasons why I decided on the T1R so if there is another system out there that you have or know about that might suit my needs let me know. Or any Combination of exhausts from different companies such as a down pipe from one shop and a cat back from another..

- Quiet
- True turbo back
- I like the burnt tips (not a big deal but it is a nice touch)
- Price isn’t overly bad and its coming from a local Canadian company (could be a bit cheaper. $1,785CDN with shipping)
- From pictures I have seen, the quality is very good
This is the same exhaust I am looking at. However, I opted to go with the AMS DP, due to durability reasons. I think that as far as power is concerned from all the dyno comparissons the T1R was making nice gains for a exhaust of this caliber. I would think that gains will be very good for this exhaust.

I would like to know if it drones at highway speeds as well.
Old May 28, 2009, 08:15 AM
Evolved Member

i owned this exhaust since they were released. doesnt drone for me and sounds just like stock. only growls at WOT.
Old May 28, 2009, 04:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Clipse3GT
This is the same exhaust I am looking at. However, I opted to go with the AMS DP, due to durability reasons. I think that as far as power is concerned from all the dyno comparissons the T1R was making nice gains for a exhaust of this caliber. I would think that gains will be very good for this exhaust.

I would like to know if it drones at highway speeds as well.

What do you mean by durability reasons? You mean because its a cast peice?
Old May 28, 2009, 04:42 PM
Evolved Member

Yes the "other" designs may lead to cracking in the future and the AMS is a badass one piece that will never have that issue/problem.
Old May 28, 2009, 04:44 PM
Evolved Member

I have a UR test pipe, and T1R catback. No complaints about fitment, quality, or sound. I have had no droning at all. It sounds a bit louder than stock under normal driving conditions, but lets out a mean growl under WOT.
Old May 29, 2009, 07:24 AM
Account Disabled

I'm ordering my T1R today... can't wait.

Is there a need to run anti-fowlers on this exhaust with the test pipe?

Last edited by Clipse3GT; May 29, 2009 at 07:29 AM.
Old May 29, 2009, 09:09 AM
Evolving Member

are they in stock now? how bout the test pipe?
Old May 29, 2009, 10:08 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Mj23foreva
are they in stock now? how bout the test pipe?

No, mine is shipping out 2nd week of June. So two weeks only.

Old May 29, 2009, 10:33 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Clipse3GT
I'm ordering my T1R today... can't wait.

Is there a need to run anti-fowlers on this exhaust with the test pipe?
I don't think there is any need to run anti foulers. I'm pretty sure the test pipe is a similar design to the UR one, where the O2 plug is welded at a certain angle so only a small percent of the gasses reach it. I've never had a CEL.
Old May 29, 2009, 07:13 PM
Evolving Member

How much did you pay for your T1R catback exhaust? The website lists Canadian and US prices. I wasn't sure if the US prices reflect the current exchange rates.
Old May 29, 2009, 08:03 PM
Evolving Member

I love my setup, here is a video clip with the windows up on the fwy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSsvo35bG_U
Old May 29, 2009, 08:05 PM
Evolving Member

I will create some more videos soon.
Old May 29, 2009, 09:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Has anyone had any rattling from this exhaust or the heat shield rattle caused by this exhaust. I think my specialty X resonated test pipe has a rattle inside of it.
Old May 30, 2009, 07:57 AM
Evolving Member

No rattle on my setup

Quick Reply: T1R exhaust questions for the people who have it