Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Boost Spike with Forge WGA

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2009, 07:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Boost Spike with Forge WGA

I've been trying to figure out what is normal for boost spiking using a Dejon MBC or other MBC. Right now if I set the boost to 20 psi which is zero preload on the Forge WGA, I still get a spike to 24 psi which seems excessive. With boost set to 25 psi it spikes to 29 psi then drops down within a second but I would rather only spike 1-2 psi beyond what I set boost for if possible.

I've already reduced the boost as low as I can go on the Forge WGA to see if having excessive preload can exaggerate this spike, but so far it doesn't seem to make a difference.

I tried swapping signal line leading off the turbo outlet to an open hose thinking the higher flow signal would open the WG sooner, also didn't seem to help much. I'll have to check if there is a restrctor pill between the MBC and WGA which might still be damping the signal too much. I will try a direct line to the WGA to see what the best case scenario is, could just be the nature of the Forge WGA.

I have a very small pin sized bleed hole after the MBC so that the boost has a place to go between shifts and doesn't hold the WG open. Usually the higher the boost over the WG opening pressure the larger the hole but in this case since the WGA has a higher opening pressure it's more comparable to having low boost on a stock WGA.

What are others seeing for boost spikes and with what type of setups?
Old Jun 18, 2009, 07:59 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
try to remove the mbc from your setup first and see if there will be boost spike still...you're mbc might be responding slower than it should be...
Old Jun 18, 2009, 08:00 AM
Evolving Member

on tuesday my car was spiking with that wastegate as well. today its geting a retune to try and fix it so we'll see what happens
Old Jun 18, 2009, 08:52 PM
Evolving Member

Check for boost leaks, i had the same problem with spiking till i discovered the T fitting i used was cracked. Replaced it no more spiking.