Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Switch my tranny oil to AMSOIL.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2009, 05:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Switch my tranny oil to AMSOIL.

I just switched my tranny fluid today to AMSOIL MTF (thx to apagan01 for the oil, it did get here a little late but he's definately made up for that with better pricing. It's a very easy job and Hollywood X's how to helped my get prepare just the right tools before starting (His how to can be found on Evoxforums in the tranny section). I had ordered a manual pump with my oil so I was able to avoid removing the whole airbox which suggests doing on the how to. Like everyone else my drain plug was filled with shavings and it appears that the plug itself is magnetic in order to attract these shavings and prevent them from making their way around your tranny, for on that one. Once I finished the job I did what I usually do after making any changes on the car, take it for a spin. I Immidiately noticed the difference during shifting , the shifts were buttery smooth, I could not believe that this oil would make such a big difference . Overall the car just felt better it didn't feel like it did before, and as far as the notchiness, it's about 99% gone. To say this oil makes a big difference would be an under statement, the difference is simply huge. I highly recommend upgrading to this oil it definately made a bigger difference then Royal Purple did in my old bimmers. I will also be switching the differential and transfer case fluid to AMSOIL, apagan01 already know which oil is compatible with these components on our cars . There's no way I would put Diaqueen fluids on my car ever again. It's simply an inferior product and probably the worst oil I've come across.

Last edited by DVDee; Jun 23, 2009 at 06:28 PM.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 05:53 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah, i'm thinking about getting some myself... i ran their 0w30 signature synthetic oil and the car seemed to rev faster and drove smoother
Old Jun 23, 2009, 06:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Gotta love it.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 06:52 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Amsoil is good stuff. We are currently running the Dominator Racing Oil 10/30 in our shopcars.

TTP-Engineering is also a direct Amsoil dealer if anyone is interested. We stock the MTG for Evo X.

APagan01 is a partner of ours.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 06:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sne2040
Yeah, i'm thinking about getting some myself... i ran their 0w30 signature synthetic oil and the car seemed to rev faster and drove smoother
tranny oil, not motor oil.

just an FYI for others - YMMV. some reports that new engine oil helps shift better, some say mounts did wonders, and there were some that had little effect. the gearbox oil did the most in my case, even though it still feels notchy sometimes.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 08:38 PM
Account Disabled

We've been running Amsoil in our trans for the last 25,000 miles- nothing but good things to say !!!

Old Jun 23, 2009, 08:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
Amsoil is good stuff. We are currently running the Dominator Racing Oil 10/30 in our shopcars.

TTP-Engineering is also a direct Amsoil dealer if anyone is interested. We stock the MTG for Evo X.

APagan01 is a partner of ours.
I'll have to change the fluid when I get that TTP spec ACT clutch.
Old Jun 27, 2009, 09:24 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
DVDee
I am glad you noticed the difference in your tranny they way she shifts.

we claim in our products to outperform anything,,, so with that being said they better perform the way we say they perform.

many many customers have had the same outcome you are getting from your tranny better shifting and the tranny quiets down,, the MTG GL4 tranny fluid definatley has the best of both world, it lubes very well those gears and it gives the syncros the right amount of friction to enable smoth shifting.

Originally Posted by DVDee
I just switched my tranny fluid today to AMSOIL MTF (thx to apagan01 for the oil, it did get here a little late but he's definately made up for that with better pricing. It's a very easy job and Hollywood X's how to helped my get prepare just the right tools before starting (His how to can be found on Evoxforums in the tranny section). I had ordered a manual pump with my oil so I was able to avoid removing the whole airbox which suggests doing on the how to. Like everyone else my drain plug was filled with shavings and it appears that the plug itself is magnetic in order to attract these shavings and prevent them from making their way around your tranny, for on that one. Once I finished the job I did what I usually do after making any changes on the car, take it for a spin. I Immidiately noticed the difference during shifting , the shifts were buttery smooth, I could not believe that this oil would make such a big difference . Overall the car just felt better it didn't feel like it did before, and as far as the notchiness, it's about 99% gone. To say this oil makes a big difference would be an under statement, the difference is simply huge. I highly recommend upgrading to this oil it definately made a bigger difference then Royal Purple did in my old bimmers. I will also be switching the differential and transfer case fluid to AMSOIL, apagan01 already know which oil is compatible with these components on our cars . There's no way I would put Diaqueen fluids on my car ever again. It's simply an inferior product and probably the worst oil I've come across.