Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buschur Racing, 11's at 122+, only 93 octane.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2009, 07:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keeping my car long term, I would also look at doing a tranny upgrade with longer gears from Buschur. I love my car, just sucks on the highway. The short gears remind me of my old six speed STI. I think my mod path will eventually lead down the dom 2 path as well.

On the cams, have you been able to get your car to idle smoothly? It seems everyone that installs cams on a X has very loppy idle while on the VIII and IX we could tune most of that out.
Old Jul 5, 2009, 08:31 AM
Evolving Member

Congrats on the track results. I am extremely interested in the final gear change! I'm sure many other people are equally interested. Please keep us posted.
Old Jul 5, 2009, 09:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Thanks for the comments and questions!

Yes the car in the video we did is this car and running the "crossflow" exhaust. Keep in mind this car also is catless, with a cat on it the sound level would be SUPER quiet. I'm really-really happy with the noise level. I've driven the car more in the last 3 days than I have the last 6 months. When I do drive it, I only go back and forth to the shop in it, about 5 miles on way. I've gone through two tanks of fuel in the last 3 days out enjoying the car.

Thanks for the gear ration information. I'd agree a 4.40 ratio would be a good option, we are going to look into it this week. I wouldn't even mind dropping it down to the 4.11's like I have in Project White, those work really well too.

Yes, the idle in this car is extremely smooth. The car has the small Cosworth cams in it, BR 3" MAF pipe, BR Filter, BR carbon fiber shield and 1,000cc injectors. I have no problems with idle.

My car is running the only 1,000's I have had to tune in the EVOX's. I have tuned 750's and 850's in other EVO X's and they are also problem free.
Old Jul 5, 2009, 09:34 AM
Evolved Member

Nice!
Old Jul 5, 2009, 10:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by davidbuschur

Thanks for the gear ration information. I'd agree a 4.40 ratio would be a good option, we are going to look into it this week. I wouldn't even mind dropping it down to the 4.11's like I have in Project White, those work really well too.
4.40 down to 4.11 is definitely the right range, the more power you make the better of you are making the gears taller to keep the quarter mile in 4th gear. If you build they will come!
Old Jul 6, 2009, 12:32 PM
Evolving Member

While a 4.40 might be good for drag racing for most guys, something maybe closer to a 4.3 or so might give a little more headroom, require less revs, and gain some fuel economy. This will be nice for guys planning on having 500hp someday.
Old Jul 6, 2009, 01:20 PM
Evolving Member

I've been wanting a 4.11 final drive since I got this car.
Old Jul 6, 2009, 02:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Hiboost
4.40 down to 4.11 is definitely the right range, the more power you make the better of you are making the gears taller to keep the quarter mile in 4th gear. If you build it they will come!
Add me to the list, I'd also be interested in having taller gears sometime in the future.
Old Jul 6, 2009, 05:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Cleaned the car today. There is a track rental tomorrow and we are attending. I wanted to bolt the slicks to the car so we could really get after it, unfortunately they will not fit with the stock brakes and such. No big deal. The car will be run again tomorrow in 100% full street trim just like it was. Nothing out of the car but the spare tire/jack/front strut tower bar. Tank is nearly full of full which sucks. 93 Shell gasoline only. Kevin and Trent will both be at the track tomorrow and I am putting one of them in the car. I'd like to see a sub-11.5, we'll see how bad I suck when they get behind the wheel. It really just needs a good 60' time which for some reason I could not get close to getting.
Old Jul 6, 2009, 05:31 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by drewgray
I've been wanting a 4.11 final drive since I got this car.
good we can help each other installing them.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 04:17 AM
Evolved Member

I was thinking I'm not a Kevin or Trent................

The motorcycle slick is not going to drop the RPM much if at all, the car needs a final drive change.
MR SST has a different rear end ratio than the gsr I believe, But I think it is a bit too tall.

Yup:
4.687 GSR
4.362 MR SST

Looks like 4th gear at 8,000 rpm would be 128 mph

5th gear at 80mph would put you at 3,500 rpm.

Sounds like that change might be about perfect for those of us running over 400 crank hp.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 06:12 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally Posted by mad_VIII
MR SST has a different rear end ratio than the gsr I believe, But I think it is a bit too tall.

Yup:
4.687 GSR
4.362 MR SST

Looks like 4th gear at 8,000 rpm would be 128 mph

5th gear at 80mph would put you at 3,500 rpm.

Sounds like that change might be about perfect for those of us running over 400 crank hp.
Good plan, but remember the final drive is in the transmission, not the rear end. So the SST gears are completely different and wouldn't work in a manual box.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 06:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Noize
Good plan, but remember the final drive is in the transmission, not the rear end. So the SST gears are completely different and wouldn't work in a manual box.

Yeah, not enough coffee in me when I posted that this AM and a little too much wishful thinking on my part for an easy swap
Old Jul 7, 2009, 08:22 AM
Evolving Member

David,
I am also VERY interested in a higher final drive or revised 4th and 5th. Not a 1/4 mile guy , but would love lower cruising RPM and higer top speed...
Old Jul 7, 2009, 08:44 AM
Evolving Member

Cleaned the car today. There is a track rental tomorrow and we are attending. I wanted to bolt the slicks to the car so we could really get after it, unfortunately they will not fit with the stock brakes and such. No big deal. The car will be run again tomorrow in 100% full street trim just like it was. Nothing out of the car but the spare tire/jack/front strut tower bar. Tank is nearly full of full which sucks. 93 Shell gasoline only. Kevin and Trent will both be at the track tomorrow and I am putting one of them in the car. I'd like to see a sub-11.5, we'll see how bad I suck when they get behind the wheel. It really just needs a good 60' time which for some reason I could not get close to getting.
Dave,

Were you leaving on the factory launch control? Any boost built on it when staging?

Also... what are your thoughts on shifting into 5th, say at 7300 or so... have you tried it?

- Louis

Quick Reply: Buschur Racing, 11's at 122+, only 93 octane.