Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Transfer Case Leak

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2009 | 10:50 PM

Not Cheap....

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...layCatalogid=0

~$3300+Shipping
Old Jul 7, 2009 | 08:05 AM
Evolving Member

Ok Ok thanks for all your help. I was hoping for another way, but you guys are right. I guess I'll be doing nothing but working on my car for the next couple days...Do I have to take everything off? Like turbo timer, gauge, springs...etc??I like putting parts on.. not taking off. Can't afford 3300 tho
Old Jul 7, 2009 | 10:55 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by cweav
Ok Ok thanks for all your help. I was hoping for another way, but you guys are right. I guess I'll be doing nothing but working on my car for the next couple days...Do I have to take everything off? Like turbo timer, gauge, springs...etc??I like putting parts on.. not taking off. Can't afford 3300 tho
take off anything power train related, such as UICP/LICP, exhaust, dp, injectors if any, etc.

you shouldn't have to take off your turbo timer or gauges or springs, though. also, if you have a "good" dealer in the state (one that knows what warranty means), go to that one, regardless of how far it is.
Old Jul 7, 2009 | 12:11 PM
Evolving Member

wow didnt realize Tcase was so expensive better be careful
Old Jul 7, 2009 | 12:36 PM
Evolving Member

WHat rims are those??
Old Jul 7, 2009 | 04:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by endGameXIII
take off anything power train related, such as UICP/LICP, exhaust, dp, injectors if any, etc.

you shouldn't have to take off your turbo timer or gauges or springs, though. also, if you have a "good" dealer in the state (one that knows what warranty means), go to that one, regardless of how far it is.
Ok thanks... I will do that, as far as warranty, I have yet to find a dealer in Colorado that is good. I'm nervous that they will just void it and then I am really f-ed.
Old Jul 7, 2009 | 04:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mj23foreva
WHat rims are those??
They are gram lights
Old Jul 7, 2009 | 04:50 PM
Evolved Member

Honestly, the exhaust was the first mod on my car and I was pretty new at all this. It was my mistake that as I learned more, I didn't catch this sooner. I wish I had cuz this is a nightmare. By the time I figured out what was wrong it was too late to heat wrap or do anything... really my mistake. However the guy that says he can fix my t case also says he can modify (cut, bend, weld) my dp so that it doesn't sit like that. I'm not sure what to do....
You would consider putting that crappy DP back on after everything finally gets fixed?

Old Jul 7, 2009 | 05:23 PM
Evolving Member

I called my dealer and he said basically ehxuast is fine.. but if you mess with the intake system from trubo to the TB it is void.. springs are cool as well.
Old Jul 7, 2009 | 07:21 PM
Evolving Member

They are gram lights
how come I cant send PM? Anyway, what model gram lights? thanks!!
Old Jul 7, 2009 | 07:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DarwinX
You would consider putting that crappy DP back on after everything finally gets fixed?

well..... ok yeah, you're right- I'd be dumb to do that...
Old Jul 7, 2009 | 07:46 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mj23foreva
how come I cant send PM? Anyway, what model gram lights? thanks!!
Try the PM again, think I had it off... they are 57 maximum
Old Jul 7, 2009 | 07:50 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Djstorm100
I called my dealer and he said basically ehxuast is fine.. but if you mess with the intake system from trubo to the TB it is void.. springs are cool as well.
Thanks for the info... very happy to hear springs are cool cuz they would prolly take the longest out of everything to take out... next to driving an hour to my tuner to get flashed back to stock....
Old Jul 8, 2009 | 01:03 AM
Evolving Member

well..... ok yeah, you're right- I'd be dumb to do that...
Personally, I think the downpipes are overrated for mild setups.

Buschur recently posted a thread about the quality of the stock downpipe and how it is probably unnecessary to upgrade until you get into the 350+whp range.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...93-octane.html

I run a stock downpipe and I have 345wtq, 338whp on the HB speed dyno with exhaust, drop in filter, UICP, and tune. It's very comparable to what other guys are getting with similar mods AND downpipe.
Old Jul 8, 2009 | 01:13 AM
Evolved Member

I think there are alot of misconceptions when it comes to warranty.False information spread on chat forums etc. With that said, it really boils down to the dealer, and the service manager's discretion. For example my buddy tracks his GTR alot and the service manager that works at the dealer knows this. Yet he was still covered when he brought his GTR are in for some warranty work. Work that was done with the suspension +alignment..

The smoking gun example is my EVOX. Mitsubishi is suppose to have some really strict warranties. Well thats what alot of people say here.. Yet when I blew out my clutch slave cylinder piston, because of my aftermarket clutch. The dealer replaced my slave cylinder and put a new stock clutch all covered under warranty. This is also them knowing I track my car, and that its been flashed and tuned at Works..

WM

Quick Reply: Transfer Case Leak