Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buschur Crossflow CBE install issues

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2009, 03:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Buschur Crossflow CBE install issues

I am looking for any help on my current predicament. I received the Buschur Crossflow CBE on Friday and spent all weekend trying to install it. As you can see in the attached images, the exhaust comes up about 4" short of the test pipe or the stock cat (regardless which is installed). The image of under the car was taken while the rod on the mandrel bent tube was inserted into the exhaust hanger.

I have also attached an image with the dimensions of the parts I have. I sent these to Nick and he confirmed that they are the correct dimensions. So either my Evo is 4" longer than every other Evo or I am doing something horribly wrong on the install.

I would appreciate any insight or suggestions as this has been driving me nuts over the past few days. Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails Buschur Crossflow CBE install issues-connected-pipe_1.jpg   Buschur Crossflow CBE install issues-crossflow-exhaust_1.jpg   Buschur Crossflow CBE install issues-dimensions_1.jpg  
Old Sep 1, 2009, 03:54 PM
Evolved Member

Here is mine, didnt have length issues

Old Sep 1, 2009, 03:56 PM
Evolved Member

actually it looks like mine had an extra piece of pipe welded to that mid area joint, maybe they forgot to do that on yours?
Old Sep 1, 2009, 04:05 PM
Evolving Member

Your mandrel bent tube also appears longer prior to the first bend. It looks especially apparent when the tubes are connected. My straight tube almost hits the first bend, while yours still has a while to go. I sent a link of your previous post to Nick in my email yesterday, but he said the dimensions I sent him match whatever they sent you. So maybe an optical illusion?

On the bright side Nick has been very helpful with trying to get this resolved. Good customer service always makes things better.

Last edited by SpeedKillz; Sep 1, 2009 at 04:11 PM.
Old Sep 1, 2009, 05:49 PM
Evolving Member

In comparison, yours looks terribly too short. If you hook the hangers on the exhaust to your stock rubber pieces, and its 4" short, that is hard to mess up, and probably a defect in fabrication.
Old Sep 1, 2009, 05:52 PM
Evolved Member

I have one also and no issues.

Call Buschur I'm sure they will help you out.
Old Sep 1, 2009, 05:58 PM
Evolving Member

I did call Buschur and they told me that all of my dimensions are correct. I just wanted to check if I was somehow totally screwing up a simple install, which based on the comments it appears is not the case.

Nick did offer to weld additional tube to the straight pipe for me, so I wanted to verify everything before I put them through the hassle. Maybe my car is just longer

Edit: With some new measurements, my stock exhaust is 59.75" from hanger to flange, while my Buschur exhaust is 55.5" from hanger to flange. So confused if my dimensions are correct how everything is wrong.

Last edited by SpeedKillz; Sep 1, 2009 at 06:01 PM.
Old Sep 1, 2009, 06:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
lol. That dosent look agood at all. There is only so much that can go wrong with and exhaust install. And that looks like it was made wrong.
Old Sep 1, 2009, 06:09 PM
Evolved Member

The long pipe you have looks to be fabbed too short. You can tell by the mmartahus picture where yours is 6'' his looks to be 10'' on that end. Im positive BR will help in a hurry so send that long pipe back.
Old Sep 1, 2009, 06:41 PM
Evolved Member

your dimensions are definitely not correct, they are short, look at your picture and pic of the other guy's.

the long pipe with the 100+% bent section that connects to muffler, the other end. if you compare, you will see that visually your section that measures 6 inches should be longer, perhaps the 4 inches that you are missing, ooops buschur
Old Sep 2, 2009, 12:33 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SpeedKillz
I did call Buschur and they told me that all of my dimensions are correct. I just wanted to check if I was somehow totally screwing up a simple install, which based on the comments it appears is not the case.

Nick did offer to weld additional tube to the straight pipe for me, so I wanted to verify everything before I put them through the hassle. Maybe my car is just longer

Edit: With some new measurements, my stock exhaust is 59.75" from hanger to flange, while my Buschur exhaust is 55.5" from hanger to flange. So confused if my dimensions are correct how everything is wrong.
Does Buschur even check the weld fixture before they ship? yours is totally too short (guess they had too many beers while building your system )
Old Sep 2, 2009, 01:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i'm sure they can work out an exchange for you. it's so far from actual fitment it's ridiculous.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by drewgray
In comparison, yours looks terribly too short. If you hook the hangers on the exhaust to your stock rubber pieces, and its 4" short, that is hard to mess up, and probably a defect in fabrication.
Sorry man, but that is ridiculous - it IS too short.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 07:32 AM
Evolving Member

the best way to address this issue is contact buschur first and let them know your concerns..that way we'll see how they will work..but i'm sure they will do the necessary things to make things best for your exhaust!
Old Sep 2, 2009, 08:53 AM

Maybe your car IS 4 inches too long???
Take it to Mitsu and see what they say. LOL

Quick Reply: Buschur Crossflow CBE install issues