Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

X GSR Oil Cooler Specs

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2009, 11:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
X GSR Oil Cooler Specs

Does anyone know the dimensions and number of rows the stock GSR oil cooler is? This info would be super helpful! Thanks in advance!
Old Sep 2, 2009, 07:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Bump for answer as I am interested as well. Mine is bombarded with rocks especially from the side that faces the wheel well. I plan on removing all the rocks and straightening the fins this weekend to get airflow back up again. I'm also going to zip tie a finer mesh against the plastic wheel well so that larger rocks aren't beating up the core so badly.

From the front I also noticed that the ducting isn't really complete leading up to the Oil cooler either and I may try and seal it up better so the airflow is forced through the core.

It would be good to see what aftermarket cooler upgrades there are that will fit the Evo X.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 07:15 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Hiboost
Bump for answer as I am interested as well. Mine is bombarded with rocks especially from the side that faces the wheel well. I plan on removing all the rocks and straightening the fins this weekend to get airflow back up again. I'm also going to zip tie a finer mesh against the plastic wheel well so that larger rocks aren't beating up the core so badly.

From the front I also noticed that the ducting isn't really complete leading up to the Oil cooler either and I may try and seal it up better so the airflow is forced through the core.

It would be good to see what aftermarket cooler upgrades there are that will fit the Evo X.
I'm sure you can fit much larger cores in that area. But it's not needed for a daily driver, I think the OEM one does a good enough job. I'm sure one of the larger vendors will make a kit eventually. Is it needed for 95% of the people probably not.