Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

who is seeing better gains in what cams. . .

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2010 | 04:53 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by mlomker
BC has a terrible reputation on the Evo 8/9. That stigma was probably carried forward.
Ding!
Old Feb 19, 2010 | 05:01 PM
Account Disabled

When I did my first cam upgrade I went with comp cams 272, on my stock 8 turbo they felt ****ing great with so much pull on top. After my turbo Upgrade I went with kelford 272. Couldn't feel any improvement because I did meth too and she's just crazy fast now. The idle is more big engine idle from before with the comp cams. Whatever you do get springs and retainers so you don't have to open her up again.
Gl with whatever you do.
Old Feb 19, 2010 | 05:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
Ding!
Originally Posted by mlomker
BC has a terrible reputation on the Evo 8/9. That stigma was probably carried forward.
so you both have no proof whatsoever of this though? interesting. maybe people or shops that have actually worked with them can chime in. you know, with actual numbers saying that they're poop or not. This is almost as bad as when AEM came out with their EMS and regular people think it was a POS. well yeah, if a regular joe blow is using the EMS guess what, you're gonna have ****ty results. i'm just wondering if people think BC cams are bad because they install them wrong, or because they have actual hard proof evidence of it.
Old Feb 19, 2010 | 05:31 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by criptballer
so you both have no proof whatsoever of this though? interesting. maybe people or shops that have actually worked with them can chime in. you know, with actual numbers saying that they're poop or not. This is almost as bad as when AEM came out with their EMS and regular people think it was a POS. well yeah, if a regular joe blow is using the EMS guess what, you're gonna have ****ty results. i'm just wondering if people think BC cams are bad because they install them wrong, or because they have actual hard proof evidence of it.
Actually we have installed and dynotested BC poop cams along with a few other shops to reach our conclusions.

You get what you pay for in this case.
Old Feb 19, 2010 | 05:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
Actually we have installed and dynotested BC poop cams along with a few other shops to reach our conclusions.

You get what you pay for in this case.
awesome. just what i was looking for. now, can you post some dyno numbers pre-cams and post-cams that way we can stop this, "he said, she said" rumor otherwise it would be like me saying, yeah i made 640whp on a 3076r, well prove it then.
Old Feb 19, 2010 | 06:14 PM
Evolving Member

there is already a thread that has tested all the different cams. check it out.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...-cam-test.html
Old Feb 19, 2010 | 06:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mak1000

i meant dyno sheets for the x not the 8 or 9. that test was done almost 2 years ago, things could change.
Old Feb 19, 2010 | 08:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mak1000

How is this relevant?
Old Feb 20, 2010 | 07:26 AM
Evolved Member

I've got JUN 272's with springs. Was a lot less than $1600 and I'm sure they will be worth every penny. No need for the retainers although they do have 2 different ti retainers for the X if you really want them (pricey). I'll be dropping them in soon but I have a red now and have a GT3582R HTA going in next so difficult to do comparison. I also have JUN 264's for the GTR which I'll be installing after I do the EVO install.
Old Feb 21, 2010 | 11:11 AM
Evolving Member

so no one has some dyno sheets for the X with some BC cams?
Old Feb 21, 2010 | 01:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by criptballer
so no one has some dyno sheets for the X with some BC cams?
I think that is the problem, we need some cams tested on a decent upgraded turbo car with stock cams as a baseline and then swap in cams and repeat the test to verify gains. Far to often people do multiple modifications at once that muddy the results.
Old Feb 21, 2010 | 02:51 PM
Evolved Member

looks like old man crower disowned BC, at least from a business standpoint.

http://www.crower.com/CB.pdf

I had no idea that his son branched out...I could see them being concerned about their name since Bruce Crower is legendary in domestic circles.
Old Feb 21, 2010 | 03:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mike100
looks like old man crower disowned BC, at least from a business standpoint.

http://www.crower.com/CB.pdf

I had no idea that his son branched out...I could see them being concerned about their name since Bruce Crower is legendary in domestic circles.
WOW that is really interesting! i didn't know there was Crower Inc. and Brian Crower Inc. I emailed them to see if they have some cams for the X yet. I'm still interested in the dyno results of the BC cams though. anyone?........
Old Feb 21, 2010 | 04:10 PM
Evolved Member

I am also looking into either the Kelfords or the GSC. I read in another thread a while ago that the new GSC are suppost to be better than the Kelfords. I dont remember where I seen it though. Any one know anything about this?
Old Feb 21, 2010 | 04:22 PM
SiC
Evolved Member

This is from RRE

According to their site the graph is a before & after Cosworth MX1 cam installation without a retune.

Originally Posted by RRE
This is before and after the cam install. Before is tuned and running good. After is cams only, no other mods and not re-tuned. Same boost before and after.

Quick Reply: who is seeing better gains in what cams. . .