Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Exedy Clutch= Failed

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2009, 08:19 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by murlo26
My tuner also recommends the ACT 6 Puck with HD disk. He said he would run this in his car over the Exedy twins any day. They are cheaper and hold more power. He said the twins are nice but they just won't hold all the torque that is needed. He has seen many more twins crap out much earlier than the ACT 6 pucks. I am going to go with the 6 puck soon, well when my stock clutch goes or I get a new turbo, I am thinking the new turbo will happen first
Wow I wish I would have knew this before what are the exedy twins rated for anyway vs the HD ACT
Old Oct 22, 2009, 08:30 AM
Account Disabled

I got you covered buddy. Call me when you're free or tell Eric to give me a shout.

-Marti

Last edited by SBR INC; Oct 22, 2009 at 08:49 AM.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 08:43 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
I think you can find the rebuild kit cheaper then $1000.00, I'm pretty sure we have sold the kits cheaper then this in the past. We currently run an Exedy triple in our car and the pedal pressure is the same as stock and it's holding the 718whp no problem.

We recently put a quartermaster in the 8, this clutch is awesome! I can't wait tell they have one for the X.

Thanks,

Michael
Old Oct 22, 2009, 08:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Evo a Mula
Going to see if I can just rebuild my twin into a tripple but as Drag stated if the act can hold these shots & wtq & save money why not I hope exedy fixes this problem
There's a reason ACT's are cheaper. I've had an ACT in my VIII and an Exedy Twin now in my X. I will never get anything other than a twin. Hands down better than the ACT.

And puck clutches...forget it. I don't want to drive on one of those every day. Don't second guess yourself too much.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 08:48 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by SBR INC
I got your covered buddy. Call me when you're free or tell Eric to give me a shout.

-Marti
Don't worry we going to be calling you real soon
Old Oct 22, 2009, 08:51 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Evo a Mula -

Did you have DG already do the master cylinder modification? We have been running the stock master plastic master cylinder with the Exedy and haven't had a problem to date. If you do go with an ACT, you might look into this mod due to the increase pressure.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 09:00 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by ETS Michael
I think you can find the rebuild kit cheaper then $1000.00, I'm pretty sure we have sold the kits cheaper then this in the past. We currently run an Exedy triple in our car and the pedal pressure is the same as stock and it's holding the 718whp no problem.

We recently put a quartermaster in the 8, this clutch is awesome! I can't wait tell they have one for the X.

Thanks,

Michael
Exactly how I feel I want the quartermaster but thoes wnt be out until december & honestly I want to hit the tracks one last time I feel quartermaster clutches in evos is the best way to go
Old Oct 22, 2009, 09:26 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Evo a Mula
I talked o quarter master & they said they don't make a clutch for the evo x but if you can get me one pm me with price will buy
I saw the Evo 8-9 pic in your avatar and did not look at the section. Yes QM has a twim coming out for the X. We are currently doing the review and installation manual for QM for the 8-9.

We will update the thread when we have an official release date.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 09:32 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ETS Michael
Evo a Mula -

Did you have DG already do the master cylinder modification? We have been running the stock master plastic master cylinder with the Exedy and haven't had a problem to date. If you do go with an ACT, you might look into this mod due to the increase pressure.
We got him cover Mike. In the process of doing it now. I have no clue why we didnt do it awhile ago And the quote i gave him for the rebuild was for everything new. But he does need everything. Just waiting on my friend Marti to get back to me with the Triple Disk conversion.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 09:37 AM
Evolving Member

Mach V in virignia has a rebuild kit for 700 bucks
Old Oct 22, 2009, 09:43 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
In case anyone did not read. We have the rebuild kit for $525 shipped.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 09:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by murlo26
My tuner also recommends the ACT 6 Puck with HD disk. He said he would run this in his car over the Exedy twins any day. They are cheaper and hold more power. He said the twins are nice but they just won't hold all the torque that is needed. He has seen many more twins crap out much earlier than the ACT 6 pucks. I am going to go with the 6 puck soon, well when my stock clutch goes or I get a new turbo, I am thinking the new turbo will happen first
My ACT in my VIII didn't shift as well as the Exedy to be honest, but it held up great. However, in my X it is flawless and I couldn't be happier. I have the stock master, and I keep the restrictor and organic disc so that I'm soft on the transfer case and tranny. Hitting those parts with instant torque like that can be rough, and I could be smoking dope but I have always run the organic street disk to be soft on driveline...they still don't slip.

The Exedy is a higher quality clutch. It should have lasted much longer. I just thought I'd mention my experiences with the ACT.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 10:49 AM
Account Disabled

We got him all taken care of. Threw in that next day for you guys ; )
Old Oct 22, 2009, 12:05 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by SBR INC
We got him all taken care of. Threw in that next day for you guys ; )
Yess Thanks you guys are the best

FYi TTP has the best price on the rebuild hands down!! Hope you guys get down to the track with that 10 you have
Old Oct 22, 2009, 01:13 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by DRAG
My ACT in my VIII didn't shift as well as the Exedy to be honest, but it held up great. However, in my X it is flawless and I couldn't be happier. I have the stock master, and I keep the restrictor and organic disc so that I'm soft on the transfer case and tranny. Hitting those parts with instant torque like that can be rough, and I could be smoking dope but I have always run the organic street disk to be soft on driveline...they still don't slip.

The Exedy is a higher quality clutch. It should have lasted much longer. I just thought I'd mention my experiences with the ACT.
thanks you helped out a lot

Quick Reply: Exedy Clutch= Failed