Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

About oil change and engine flush

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2009, 09:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
About oil change and engine flush

Hi guys, I'm going to do my first own oil change. So far the dealer did 3 times oil changes for me, but suddenly I figured they might not change the oil filter and didn't really drain the oil completely every time,and I'm a little behind schedule for this oil change,so I'm thinking make I could do a engine flush. But IDK if I can do engine flush on a turbo car, and if it's necessary or good to our engine. If it do no harm to our engine,what's the recommended brand?

Condition of my oil: I changed my oil every 6000km, but before
every oil change, the oil was quite dark( not totally black, my car has only 17000KM).
Old Oct 22, 2009, 09:31 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by H'swwEVO
Hi guys, I'm going to do my first own oil change. So far the dealer did 3 times oil changes for me, but suddenly I figured they might not change the oil filter and didn't really drain the oil completely every time,and I'm a little behind schedule for this oil change,so I'm thinking make I could do a engine flush. But IDK if I can do engine flush on a turbo car, and if it's necessary or good to our engine. If it do no harm to our engine,what's the recommended brand?

Condition of my oil: I changed my oil every 6000km, but before
every oil change, the oil was quite dark( not totally black, my car has only 17000KM).
Warm up car, drain old oil, fill up with your choice of oil, go drive... no need to flush. 3700 miles is not too long, I run my oil up almost 5000 miles with no issues. However, I get a oil report to tell me how long I can run the oil for and how it is holding up.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 10:55 PM
Evolved Member

Hopefully your dealer has been using mobil 1 and not bulk oil.
Old Oct 23, 2009, 08:01 AM
Evolved Member

I'd flush with a synthetic that you are willing to use long term..so it would cost 5 qts...otherwise, don't use cheap oil for anything unless its an emergency. You'd be better off just changing the oil a little early the next couple of times. The new oil will have a fresh additive package that will keep the contaminants in suspension so it is somewhat psychological to need to see really clean oil.

the other thing is the evo blackens the oil quickly anyhow.

BTW- don't flush with a chemical cleaner! (re-read your post)- just put fresh oil in, drive it 'till its warm, then drain and refill-or just do what I recommended and just change the oil a little early next time.