Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Intercooler design - explanation of why this picture shows this?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2009, 10:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by spdracerut
That '1' company also happens to be the biggest player in the turbocharger market having sold ~9 million units in 2007. Garrett/Honeywell Turbo owns roughly 50% of the global turbo market. Borg Warner owns ~25%. The rest is split up between IHI, MHI, Holset, and a few new players in the game (Seimens/Mahle).
The same company that released a GT30 turbo kit for the Evo X that has the poorest quality control I've ever seen. These days I assume nothing without valid testing results. :P

I think the "Z" flow intercooler would potentially force the air to flow more evenly through the core for better cooling at the expense of not allowing it to short cut just the top of the core until it needs the airflow of the lower passages.
Old Oct 25, 2009, 10:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Hiboost
The same company that released a GT30 turbo kit for the Evo X that has the poorest quality control I've ever seen. These days I assume nothing without valid testing results. :P
Haha... no doubt. We also drive Mitsu's with plastic gas pedals and hood latches that break

Slightly off topic, I have some Nike Dri-fit shirts from 12 years ago that I still wear once a week and are still perfect. I have a Dri-fit shirt I bought a year ago and the threads were coming out after the first wash!

Uh, back on topic, the post was about 'knowledge', not quality control.... I met a guy that worked at Greddy or Apexi or something, and he's the one that basically explained the end tank designs to me, that mirrors what is said on the Garrett site. It mirrors it because it's basic science; no bending the rules of the universe.