Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Evo X 75 mm Throttle Body from Boomba Racing

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2009, 08:34 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo X 75 mm Throttle Body from Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing is proud to present another ground breaking innovation:
Evo X and Ralliart 75 mm Billet Aluminum Throttle Body.

Evo X and Lancer Ralliart 75 mm throttle body is a direct replacement of the factory unit. Boomba 75 mm throttle body does not require any additional tuning after installation. Throttle body comes as a kit including stock manifold adaptor plate and 60 mm hose adaptor, which allows installation with factory intake hoses. The kit also includes 75 mm hose adaptor and all mounting hardware.

The throttle body is designed in such way that it has to use stock TPS and servo motor.

Enlarging the diameter to 75 mm allows the increase of the throttle cross section area by almost 56% over stock throttle body. Replacing the stock throttle body with new Boomba 75 mm throttle body will increase the horse power and greatly improve engine response (even with stock pipes and turbo). Boomba 75 mm throttle body provides limitless possibilities of increasing engine power when combined with larger intake hoses, aftermarket intake manifold and larger turbo.

Optional 75 mm straight through adaptor is available.

Throttle body adaptor bolted to the intake manifold.

Boomba Evo X 75 mm throttle body with TPS installed and ready to be bolted to the intake manifold.

Boomba Evo X 75 mm throttle body installed.

Throttle bodies are CNC machined out of billet aluminum. Parts are available in natural aluminum, red and black anodized finishes.

All parts are manufactured to our legendary high quality standards and backed up by our warranty.

Old Nov 16, 2009, 06:26 AM
Former Sponsor

Bump!

Last edited by Boomba Racing; Nov 16, 2009 at 06:28 AM.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 06:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Oh wow, 75mm! I never saw it coming, should prove to be a great HP gain with larger turbo setups!
Old Nov 16, 2009, 10:50 AM
Evolved Member

I`m pretty sure this is not a bolt-on affair and need additional tunning in order to run correctly.

Originally Posted by Boomba Racing
Boomba 75 mm throttle body does not require any additional tuning after installation.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 11:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How close can you get to this with the stock manifold? Can it only go as far as maybe 70mm before you start running out of material?
Originally Posted by LVSBB6
I`m pretty sure this is not a bolt-on affair and need additional tunning in order to run correctly.
Keep in mind he has this installed on his own MR...
Old Nov 16, 2009, 11:15 AM
Evolved Member

It actually does look like it will physically bolt-on very easily, as for getting the proper tuning on it to get max WOT horsepower I would have to see it first hand to see what adjustments would be necessary. Likely having the DTC Disable codes on via EcuFlash would resolve the potential limp mode codes from the airflow and torque limits tables. Since the increased airflow should just be countered as it gets sucked in easier through the airflow sensor it should just be all gravy. Someone needs to test it out and report back, preferably with before and after dyno results with an aftermarket turbo or even a blitz intake manifold.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 11:28 AM
Evolved Member

Agreed. Someone is going to have to bore out the IM (stock or aftermarket) opening to 75mm in order to make good use of this TB. I don`t see the purpose of running these with the 60mm adoptor still in place, if anything it may create turbulence and hurt power.

Originally Posted by Hiboost
It actually does look like it will physically bolt-on very easily, as for getting the proper tuning on it to get max WOT horsepower I would have to see it first hand to see what adjustments would be necessary. Likely having the DTC Disable codes on via EcuFlash would resolve the potential limp mode codes from the airflow and torque limits tables. Since the increased airflow should just be countered as it gets sucked in easier through the airflow sensor it should just be all gravy. Someone needs to test it out and report back, preferably with before and after dyno results with an aftermarket turbo or even a blitz intake manifold.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 11:34 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Frankiago
How close can you get to this with the stock manifold? Can it only go as far as maybe 70mm before you start running out of material?

Keep in mind he has this installed on his own MR...
The opening is 62mm stock.

I ported my intake manifold to around 65-66mm in anticipation for a larger TB down the road.

The smallest OD of the TB neck seems to be around 72mm, which means I have about 3mm minimum wall thickness which is about as thin as I want to go. You still could flare the opening out at an angle as the flange area has some meat on it with about 82mm spacing between the bolts diagonally. Likely the best bet is to port open the 60mm adapter flange that mounts to the intake manifold to 65mm to match the intake manifold, or slowly taper it out from the IM flange to the outer edge of the new TB flange to match the full 75mm.

I'm still trying to calculate what a 75mm TB with shaft & plate blocking the middle will flow relative to an unobstructed section of tubing, my guess is anywhere between 65mm and 73mm.

I won't be getting one made right away, but my next modified intake manifold I'll just have a new aluminum flange and neck area welded on that's 75mm.

Last edited by Hiboost; Nov 16, 2009 at 11:37 AM.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 12:03 PM
Evolving Member

Agreed. Someone is going to have to bore out the IM (stock or aftermarket) opening to 75mm in order to make good use of this TB. I don`t see the purpose of running these with the 60mm adoptor still in place, if anything it may create turbulence and hurt power.
Not necessarily. Keep in mind the throttle plate itself and the rod and hardware take up a good chunk of cross sectional area. I'd say moving to a 65 mm plate would net you gains because it would negate flow lost by the loss of true cross sectional area with the stock 60 mm plate, but I'm not sure how much more could be squeezed out of a 75 mm plate.

This is all from personal experience with other turbo Mitsubishis as well. I remember data-logging the gains from a 65 mm upgrade before boring the intake manifold to match and they were definitely appreciable.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 07:37 AM
Evolved Member

I'm also running a 65mm big bore and felt the benefits, no doubt about it. Most ppl running 2.5" IC pipe can benefit from this setup because of the smooth transition.

If 75mm is a bottle neck for your setup, then yeah this would work very well, and 3" IC pipes too. But if the in and out are smaller that the TB diameter, then I am pretty sure that there is no gains from a gigantic TB. I will even say that it is the wrong idea to do all together, air like constants, so a massive change in diameter, in terms of air flow in a pipe is a bad idea, big or small.

Originally Posted by UT_EvoX
Not necessarily. Keep in mind the throttle plate itself and the rod and hardware take up a good chunk of cross sectional area. I'd say moving to a 65 mm plate would net you gains because it would negate flow lost by the loss of true cross sectional area with the stock 60 mm plate, but I'm not sure how much more could be squeezed out of a 75 mm plate.

This is all from personal experience with other turbo Mitsubishis as well. I remember data-logging the gains from a 65 mm upgrade before boring the intake manifold to match and they were definitely appreciable.

Last edited by LVSBB6; Nov 17, 2009 at 07:39 AM.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 12:16 PM
Former Sponsor

Yes it is bolt on. Tested on our shop car Evo X MR. No tuning is required. ECU accepts our throttle body without generating any error codes.

Old Nov 17, 2009, 12:30 PM
Evolved Member

Is your shop car a daily driver where it has seen all different loads and conditions?

Does the TB includes any gaskets for mounting in between the adaptors?

Originally Posted by Boomba Racing
Yes it is bolt on. Tested on our shop car Evo X MR. No tuning is required. ECU accepts our throttle body without generating any error codes.

Old Nov 17, 2009, 12:59 PM
Former Sponsor

Yes it is daily driver. Our Evo is stock (no mods except for our parts).
You have to reuse stock gasket between IM and TB adaptor. We have O-ring seal between the adaptor and TB. You also have to use TPS and servo from your old TB.

Old Nov 18, 2009, 01:09 AM
Evolving Member

DAMN! now if SteedSpeed from the EvoX forums makes the billet intake manifold for the X, this could be a deadly combo for making some good low end power on the 4B11
Old Nov 18, 2009, 01:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
someone get a dyno on this...for some reason i'm doubting how the 75mm will get gains on a stock piping diameter setup. can't really put my finger on what it could be though...

Quick Reply: Evo X 75 mm Throttle Body from Boomba Racing