Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Meth Install *PICS*

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2009, 05:28 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not bad
Old Dec 14, 2009, 07:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Chef-j
Are you going to run 100 percent meth? And newb question, reason for installed nozzle at licp? Btw, clean installed.
LICP is the intake pipe on the Evo X. Nozzle is suppose to be as close as possible to the intake manifold, after the intercooler.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 09:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Spazpilot
LICP is the intake pipe on the Evo X. Nozzle is suppose to be as close as possible to the intake manifold, after the intercooler.
Thanks for explain. Now it makes sense, if LICP is intake pipe.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 10:39 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jester81783
i think the diameter of the exhaust pipe is perfect for fitting inside the licp.
INSIDE?
What for? Why not fit just the nozzle somwhere in the intake pipe (LICP)?
Can someone explain this for me please, as I own the same kit (bought previously for Evo8 but never installed) and I am planning to fit it to the X.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 02:32 PM

Talking

well we took 2 days. First day we just made the wood brackets and mounted everything, took about 3 hours. Then next day when we had sunlight we ran the lines did the cutting and splicing so another 5 hours. so around 8 hours. we could have finished it in 2 hours if we had 2 do it again.

the stock exhaust just fit perfectly which is why we used it. I did not want to mount the nozzle in a rubber pipe by its self. and I didnt have a aftermarkett licp.

ya my placement is what the aem rep said I should put it so I just listened to the experts

im running 50/50 no point for me to run 100% the water has a nice added effects to the meth also. and the gains with 100% meth on the stock turbo wasnt going to create alot more hp. so no point imo

but like I said before this is a great mod for any turboed car. Its great in my city because e-85 isnt everywhere, so my 93 oct plus meth gives a sweet combo.

Have fun mething it up guys!
Old Dec 15, 2009, 12:19 AM
Evolving Member

Jabjab, so if I understand correctly, you cut the rubber LICP pipe in half and inserted a piece of once exhaust pipe in there to faciliate mounting of the nozzle, right?

How does it feel when the meth kicks-in?

Are you using it without mapping the ECU?
Old Dec 15, 2009, 04:12 PM
Evolving Member

absolutely sick, nice job
Old Dec 15, 2009, 04:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ahh that is sneaky!! very nicely done!
Old Dec 15, 2009, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by JED_POLAND
Jabjab, so if I understand correctly, you cut the rubber LICP pipe in half and inserted a piece of once exhaust pipe in there to faciliate mounting of the nozzle, right?

How does it feel when the meth kicks-in?

Are you using it without mapping the ECU?

Correct.

I have the meth kick in at 15psi and full out by 29 psi.

I ran it for about a week before I got it tuned for the meth and other mods, car was just a lil bit faster then stock before I got it tunned, now with a tune and running it to about 29psi, it pulls like a beast.... I already need a new clutch lol

Old Dec 15, 2009, 10:25 PM
Evolving Member

How long will the reservoir last? Relative to daily driving. What does it cost to re-fill?

Cheers.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by dcpatters
How long will the reservoir last? Relative to daily driving. What does it cost to re-fill?

Cheers.

well in august I bought 5 gallons of meth for 30 bucks. I still have about half of that left.

those 5 gallons make 10 full fills ups. I would say every other gas fill-up I'm topping it off.

So I figure it will be about 60 bucks a year, also meth has some gas saving properties so i might save some cash on gas because of this....... who am I kidding I love the boost so much, it is going to cost some money
Old Dec 16, 2009, 01:08 AM
Evolving Member

Here in Poland, if you have meth installed, the most popular way is to have something like 2 maps and a switch - for DD you run without meth and when you need it you press the button.
It is all on a stock ECU but do not ask me how it is done. I don't know.
Old Dec 16, 2009, 04:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by dcpatters

Cheers.
You can set @ low psi and drive like crazy, it can cost much as your full tank of gas less than a week.
Old Dec 16, 2009, 09:48 PM
Evolving Member

Nice! Bet that boost feels amazing!

I'm considering this setup but I want to use the washer fluid reservoir instead of the AEM tank. I know people have talked about it but I've never actually seen it.
Old Dec 16, 2009, 09:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by supergengo
Nice! Bet that boost feels amazing!

I'm considering this setup but I want to use the washer fluid reservoir instead of the AEM tank. I know people have talked about it but I've never actually seen it.
I used a similar setup on my 96 Eclipse GSX that shared the washer reservoir and it worked out fine. The intake got stained a bit blue inside over time but was clean otherwise. This was back about 8 years ago and the kits now are much more well thought out, they really do allow a solid 3-4 more psi safely on pump gas along with better timing.

Quick Reply: Meth Install *PICS*