Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Artisan Assassin turbo?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2009, 06:01 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Artisan Assassin turbo?

I been thinking about this turbo but have not found any solid reviews! Does anyone have this? if so let me know if they have any dyno graphs or whatever. Thanks.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 07:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Trubo?

Artisan Street Assassin 50 Turbo: EVO X

If you do some forum and google searching there are a few links to the info on this turbo. They replace just the compressor side of the turbo which is the most restrictive part and holds you to tapered boost from 5500+. Likely this will allow you to hold several psi more, likely around 23-25 psi until redline but I don't have any personal experience with it. I'm betting getting the exhaust side ported would help the overall combo but it's not going to be a huge upgrade over stock, maybe 46 lbs/min versus 40 lbs/min which might support 450-475 crank HP give or take.

Generally for the price you would find a better value with an FP Green or Dom 2 if you wanted reasonable spool with good torque and top end power over stock. Also the new 33RB turbo from CBRD looks very promising.