Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Ets, perrin, ur, or ams intercooler?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2009, 09:37 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok guys let me add some info, Mods to be done are AEM CAI, Magnaflow CB, HF CAT, Hard IC piping with a COBB AP and the Intercooler that is up in the air. Not wanting 800HP just around 350 to the ground or so.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 09:40 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
You guys are derailing the thread. We aren't talking about turbo chargers. And as far as I know all of these guys (except perrin) use Garrett cores. I'll vote for ETS because I have one, works great, and I know their top of the line products do 8 second passes continuously.

But I will say, stay away from Perrin (another local company). I had their intercooler on my VIII and wasn't very happy with it. It scratched easily, and had fitment issues. Yah it did it's job for a bolt-on car, but on the X it tapers down on the entrance and exit pipes.

As far as UR or AMS, I don't have any experience with them but I'm sure AMS makes a great product.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 09:42 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by Scott@AMS
From my understanding ETS paints their intercooler piping, AMS sends the piping out to be powdercoated. Different process.
Nope, we have in house powder coating.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 09:42 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by livnpaintball2
Ok guys let me add some info, Mods to be done are AEM CAI, Magnaflow CB, HF CAT, Hard IC piping with a COBB AP and the Intercooler that is up in the air. Not wanting 800HP just around 350 to the ground or so.
You're going to need a bit more mods than that to hit 350whp. I would go with a ETS 3.5 or 4" core. You may find when you have 350 it won't be enough. So don't undercut yourself with the core if you think there is a slight possibility you'll want the 400s.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 10:00 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Clark_Kent
I am certain you know absolutely nothing about failure rates and their projective manifestations so I'm not even going to match wits with you. Yeah, listen to them. Go with ETS...and then when you change your mind and cancel your order due to a sliding back in stock date, they'll keep the transaction fees they were "charged" by Visa. Classy right? I'm sorry, but insinuating that Honeywell isn't a legitimate engineering firm is dumb...real dumb. If that's the case, you must have a lot to say about that "POS" UR o2 eliminator downpipe you have on your car because that piece has cracked with regularity. I can assure you of that.
We have a bunch of intercoolers on the shelf ready to go!

12/14/09

I don't really want to spread your business across the forum, but I will say you decided to cancel your order so we charged you the credit card fee (Smaller of the two) rather then a cancellation fee. We also said if you wanted to order the intercooler or any other product we would apply the fee towards your next order.

Thanks,

Michael
Old Dec 14, 2009, 10:05 AM
Former Sponsor

I forgot to add a note.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ooler-how.html

Take a look at the link above. This is why we leak test each intercooler. If you do decide to go with a Garrett core, make sure it's leak tested?! The majority of the cores do leak and need to be fixed properly. You will see a picture of the note that is included with each Garrett intercooler.

Thanks,

Michael
Old Dec 14, 2009, 10:12 AM
Evolving Member

I highly recommend Michael at ETS. I've never had any complaints on ETS products.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 12:53 PM
Evolving Member

I don't think you could go wrong with ETS and Perrin. I got the Perrin because of Cast End Tanks. On both of them the surface area of the intercooler is slightly larger than the opening in the front of the X. I figured the maximum amount of air would be hitting fins. Also, Perrin and ETS both have always given me stellar service.

Last edited by geezevox; Dec 14, 2009 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Sorry, can't spell
Old Dec 14, 2009, 03:56 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As for our FMIC's

We use the the bar and plate style core that is 12.4" tall, 20" wide and 3.5" thick flowing 1250 cfm. This is the same durable, race proven intercooler core we used on our record setting Time Attack EVO, proven efficient to 751 whp. Also it has a 1250 cfm flow and only 1 psi pressure drop at 650 whp. Every intercooler is pressure tested to 50psi before it is put on the shelf. This is also used on Ryan Gates' Evo X which was unstoppable this year on the track! Please feel free to send me a PM for pricing with shipping or if you have any questions

Last edited by Andrew@AMS; Dec 15, 2009 at 07:38 AM.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 07:11 PM
Evolving Member

I went with AMS. The fitment is dead on, looks good, performs great.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 07:30 PM
Evolving Member

Just had the AMS intercooler, upper pipes and widemouth downpipe installed on my 2010 MR Toruing by the guys at BR Racing. They have their tuned twin turbo Novitec 430, 2010 GT3 and Bentley GT sitting next to my car. Even with all the work they did on those cars, they were impressed with the quality of the AMS components, particularly admiring the design of of the widemouth downpipe.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 07:37 PM
Evolved Member

I personally like AMS. AMS and ETS seem to be the two top dogs right now when it comes to aftermarket parts for the X. If you ask me though I will always say go AMS or go home!!!
Old Dec 14, 2009, 07:50 PM
Evolving Member

I might go with the GOONEY GOO GOO ?!!? I wish there was only a couple of good manufactures....
Old Dec 14, 2009, 08:18 PM
Evolved Member

???
Old Dec 15, 2009, 01:32 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ETS Michael
We found the following gains.

3.0" = 12whp over stock
3.5" = 17whp over stock
4.0" = 24whp over stock (This would be my choice)

Thanks!

Michael
What about the increased turbo lag produced with the larger IC?

Quick Reply: Ets, perrin, ur, or ams intercooler?