Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Ets, perrin, ur, or ams intercooler?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2009, 02:12 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Both ETS and AMS claims that their core is 20" wide... ETS said that the end tanks will not show through the bumper... while the blue EvoX above with the AMS i/c is showing the end tanks... if both brand are 20" wide, why would one shows, and one doesn't? do each manufacture measure the width differently?
Old Dec 15, 2009, 05:57 AM
Evolving Member

good observation, I just wish there was a clear cut superior product, most of them have very good products.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 07:12 AM
Evolved Member

Our intercooler core is infact 20" wide. The picture above shows the car with brake ducts rather than the stock molding on the side of the intercooler. Here is a picture of the same car before the brake ducts were put on, it fills the bumper very nicely while still showing our quality welds.

Name:  FrontStraight.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  85.6 KB

Originally Posted by asng
Both ETS and AMS claims that their core is 20" wide... ETS said that the end tanks will not show through the bumper... while the blue EvoX above with the AMS i/c is showing the end tanks... if both brand are 20" wide, why would one shows, and one doesn't? do each manufacture measure the width differently?
Old Dec 15, 2009, 07:41 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
A little food for thought as well. Although IC placement might be a bit different the core that we are using on our TAX time attack car is the very same core we sell as our EVO X FMIC. Being the highest WHP EVO X currently in the world this same core has been proven to support 750whp!

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...tonwillow.html

Like any product we sell we don't just produce great HP gains we test it and beat the living hell out of it to make sure it will last for years to come on your car.

Between TAX and Ryan Gates EVO X NO FMIC made for the EVO X has been put through as much torture as The AMS unit and no other unit has more wins behind it

Eric
Old Dec 15, 2009, 07:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
get ETS
Old Dec 15, 2009, 08:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
I agree that AMS and ETS are at the front of the pack right now. I would go with AMS but its like $1200 something for upper, lower, and FMIC. If money is an issue, ETS has their kit for $850 right now bc of the holidays. So if you are tight on money you can get some nice products from ETS.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 08:34 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by JED_POLAND
What about the increased turbo lag produced with the larger IC?
You can't even tell the difference in spool up. The stock intercooler is way too small for the vehicle.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 10:01 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ETS Michael
You can't even tell the difference in spool up. The stock intercooler is way too small for the vehicle.
If you say so...
But it is strange, anyway. The air has to pass longer way thus the lag increases.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 10:06 AM
Evolving Member

Sorry for the confusion. I in no way tried to bash Garrett products, since I am well aware of their heritage.

Some posters need to check their pride at the door. Somebody said poorly R&D Turbo designed by Garrett, but then say it's ok, since they are a great company???? What about the people who bought this Turbo for $2,100 and now won't even get the revised version upgrade???

I'm sorry but that is horrible customer service. UR may have some DP break, but are willing to replace on the spot. Never did I bash Garrett, but merely said the comment " All Garrett products are great" is false.

I also had my eyes on GT30 series, but was shocked at the results.

Let's remember, that a company is only as great as their most recent product, since what you did in the past won't pay the bills today.

Don't want to keep argument going, but I had to defend my point. And my ETS 4" anodized black, was at my door 10 days after ordering. 4 days anodizing and 5 days shipping.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 10:09 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
What about the increased turbo lag produced with the larger IC?
When I had my 3.5" + piping put on I noticed a huge increase in throttle response and lag was about the same. Check out ETS's comparison dyno charts for each ETS part.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 10:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
If you say so...
But it is strange, anyway. The air has to pass longer way thus the lag increases.
Your talking milliseconds is not less to fill that extra space nothing you will ever notice.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 10:25 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I run the ETS 4" core I get 25 psi @ 3100 rpm...

I don't think you will miss out on any lag.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 10:35 AM
Evolving Member

You got me convinced. .

I understand that all the ETS' ICs are P&P without any fabrications/cutting/etc., needed, right?

Can someone tell me if you could feel any difference by replacing UIP alone?
Old Dec 15, 2009, 10:42 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
You got me convinced. .

I understand that all the ETS' ICs are P&P without any fabrications/cutting/etc., needed, right?

Can someone tell me if you could feel any difference by replacing UIP alone?
Yes, you gain maybe 0.5 psi to 1 psi of boost, maybe gain a few hp, reports of up to 15whp from UICP.

Btw, I am originally from Katowice.

Big pimpin in a EVO in Poland.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 10:46 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Thanks for answering the post Migs and Clipse! Your absolutely right!

Thanks,

Michael

Quick Reply: Ets, perrin, ur, or ams intercooler?