Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

BR EVOX T3/GT35r/header thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2010, 06:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Awsome job.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 07:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Will the firewall heat shield fit with the turbo as it sits? Just making sure everything is accounted for.

For those wondering about lines nearby, I found the DEI Cooltape is excellent in reflecting heat off any engine bay components. This setup is really looking awesome!
Old Jan 26, 2010, 08:33 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
very pretty!

damn right about the space thou
Old Jan 27, 2010, 09:17 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
subscribed..
Old Jan 27, 2010, 01:03 PM
Evolving Member

looks awesome, but I am kinda wondering about the hydraulic lines right behind the turbo also, do you think that will become and issue or will those be good. Just asking bc if I am not mistaken those are off the brake master cylinder, ie boiling brake fluid possibly. I know you guys make a solid products for everything you do and dont make bs jsut to make it but that kinda worries me. Looks great anyways, yall are going to be giving CBRD a run for there money.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 06:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Quick update. I finished up just about all the fab work today. Trent did the final welding and Ted got it all cleaned up and deburred. The header is being milled now.

All kits will come standard with the DEI turbo blanket. This is whether the kit is bought complete or just as the kit only (supplying your own turbo).

Tomorrow all I have left is the oil feed/return lines and the dump tube.

This kit has been built so far based on Garrett's turbo's as far as framing goes. I ordered in a PTE6262 which definetely doesn't fit in the exact same space. I will be installing it in the car too, if all goes well tomorrow, and making sure we can make those work too.

Be giving who a run for their money?
Old Jan 27, 2010, 06:29 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sub'd. Looks good thus far.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 06:37 PM

looks good.
Old Jan 28, 2010, 01:47 AM
Evolved Member

Be giving who a run for their money?
I lawled.
Old Jan 28, 2010, 07:34 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

cb
Old Jan 29, 2010, 11:27 AM
Evolved Member

The turbo kit is completed now except for the dump tube which I had to order in tubing for today.

I have to say, I've built a lot of parts over the years but this kit is absolutely my best work to date. The fitment, placement, ease of installation etc. are all absolutely awesome. I'm gonna break my arm patting myself on the back about it! haha

The car is running now and sounds great. The new BR Stage 3 shortblock, BR Stage 3 head, BR double pumper and then the new BR35r kit are on. The car fired up instantly with the new engine.

The car is quite a bit louder with the GT600R turbo on it, typical of going with a large turbo from the small stock framed ones.

The entire turbo kit can be installed on the car (once the stock one is off) from the top. The only thing that has to be done under the car is to bolt the downpipe to the offroad pipe.

While it seemed very tight designing the kit it ends up when it is all done there is more room than I expected. The oil feed/return lines have HUGE clearance. The turbine housing to firewall is also atleast 2.5" of clearance. Downpipe and such also, lots of clearance.

We will post up pictures of the entire kit on Monday and in the meantime I'm going to put some miles on the car and get it ready for the dyno.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 11:55 AM

post up some video of the car for sure

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
The turbo kit is completed now except for the dump tube which I had to order in tubing for today.

I have to say, I've built a lot of parts over the years but this kit is absolutely my best work to date. The fitment, placement, ease of installation etc. are all absolutely awesome. I'm gonna break my arm patting myself on the back about it! haha

The car is running now and sounds great. The new BR Stage 3 shortblock, BR Stage 3 head, BR double pumper and then the new BR35r kit are on. The car fired up instantly with the new engine.

The car is quite a bit louder with the GT600R turbo on it, typical of going with a large turbo from the small stock framed ones.

The entire turbo kit can be installed on the car (once the stock one is off) from the top. The only thing that has to be done under the car is to bolt the downpipe to the offroad pipe.

While it seemed very tight designing the kit it ends up when it is all done there is more room than I expected. The oil feed/return lines have HUGE clearance. The turbine housing to firewall is also atleast 2.5" of clearance. Downpipe and such also, lots of clearance.

We will post up pictures of the entire kit on Monday and in the meantime I'm going to put some miles on the car and get it ready for the dyno.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 12:22 PM
Evolved Member

I just got back from the first drive with the new set up. First thing I did was hit a CEL for the P1238 code and had to pull over. Luckily for me, all the great guys working on the ECU's have given us the ability to eliminate that completely, so a quick fix and back on the road.

There has been a LOT of changes on this car, many of which were popping into my head as I drove it. So I'm going to list all the mods the car hasl below and mark the new parts with (**) and comment where I need to.

**BR Stage 3 block
**BR Stage 3 head
Cosworth cams
BR 3" offroad pipe
BR 3" crossflow catback
**BR T3 turbo kit with Blouch GT600R turbo, Tial 44mm wastegate, BR3" downpipe
NOTE: Initial impressions are great spool up and the power feels fantastic. The car is NOT tuned at all for this turbo so I got on boost only briefly. Boost is set at 14.7 psi on just wastegate now.
**Exedy Triple HD cerametalic clutch
NOTE: HOLY CRAP is this clutch smooth. I don't know what is different but this is the absolute smoothest triple I've ever driven. EXCELLENT!!!
**4.28 final drive.
NOTE: This change was needed to run the 1/4 mile out in 4th gear without excessive RPM. The gear change combined with the larger turbo does for sure make the car not as fun down low but it still feels great. The RPM at 60 mph is now 2650 rpm.
BR manual boost controller
**BR double pumper
**ID1000 cc injectors. These were quick to dial in. I've set up the battery voltage just like the ID sheet says to and have the scaling set at 696. Trims are +/-3% right now.
BR Race FMIC
BR upper i/c pipe
BR lower i/c pipe
**BR MAF pipe kit, this is the kit for the 35r. We've built it to bolt up to our current air filter kit and bracket.
Stock EVOX BOV recirculated into the 35r MAF pipe.
BR lightweight battery kit
Bushwacker Stage 1 trans with upgraded differential pins. The pins in my car with less than 5100 miles on it were already worn and the differential had to be machined. The trans shifts like BUTTER!!

I believe that's about it.

I can't wait to get the pictures up and post some dyno numbers.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 12:51 PM
Evolved Member

Bushwacker Stage 1 trans with upgraded differential pins. The pins in my car with less than 5100 miles on it were already worn and the differential had to be machined. The trans shifts like BUTTER!!
Did you do anything else to the internals of the tranny, or jut the pins + different final ratio?
Old Jan 29, 2010, 04:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Sounds like it's going to be a sweet ride, can't wait until you can dial in the tune on the dyno. I'm very curious how the car is going to turn out on the taller gears and wicked HP.

Quick Reply: BR EVOX T3/GT35r/header thread