Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

New Tial BOV Q Recirculate 2010 version

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2010, 12:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMS has their kit and they said it works without needing to weld a flange on... what doesnt make sense it the kit is the LICP and BOV. Isnt the UICP is where the BOV connects to?
http://www.amsperformance.com/cart/a...off-valve.html
Old Apr 21, 2010, 12:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TrackDays
AMS has their kit and they said it works without needing to weld a flange on... what doesnt make sense it the kit is the LICP and BOV. Isnt the UICP is where the BOV connects to?
http://www.amsperformance.com/cart/a...off-valve.html
It is on my 8. I have never seen that on the LICP. Wonder what would be the benefit vs. UICP?
Old May 11, 2010, 10:51 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry to bump an old thread. My tune date is coming up soon, not sure whether it's worth getting a BOV before my tune or not. I'm thinking of the TiAL QR (but the ricer in me kinda wants the HKS VTA as well, hahahaha *flame suit on*). But anyways, I'm just wondering what spring rate should I be getting if I'm still running the stock turbo? I'm kind of a noob at this, so any help would be appreciated.
Old May 12, 2010, 10:54 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Rands
Sorry to bump an old thread. My tune date is coming up soon, not sure whether it's worth getting a BOV before my tune or not. I'm thinking of the TiAL QR (but the ricer in me kinda wants the HKS VTA as well, hahahaha *flame suit on*). But anyways, I'm just wondering what spring rate should I be getting if I'm still running the stock turbo? I'm kind of a noob at this, so any help would be appreciated.

I would get it before tune. The QR sounds like their VTAs (I've had both on). The thing with the QR on a stock turbo is that Tial has mentioned that this BPV recircs ALL rather than partial like the stock 8/9 diverters. With the stock turbo being so small, it is prone to surging at partial boost (I've noticed that above 15psi). But I don't daily drive at 15psi. WOT this BPV is excellent! With the VTA I noticed the stock 8 turbo surging in WOT, but not with the QR.

I keep a lid on the surging by keeping it around 10psi at most, and that's only when I'm passing cars in traffic or merging onto the highway.

I rate this 8/10 for stock turbo. But I hear those with bigger turbos have no issues what so ever. I don't know about those with stock replacements (FP Red/Black), but maybe those that have these turbos will chime in.

Good luck and hope this helps.
Old May 12, 2010, 04:24 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by mlomker
I'm definitely interested. This Tial looks all business and finding a BOV that is better than stock is no easy task.
right about that how much is it?
Old May 12, 2010, 08:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evo a Mula
right about that how much is it?
I paid like $250ish from extremepsi.com. Then whatever a shop will charge to weld the flange on your pipe. Make sure you get the right alloy flange for the pipe you will be welding it on.

Good luck if you buy it.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 03:27 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So there are not any recirc tubes made for this yet? I already have the 50mmTial, so I can just throw this one on right?