Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Need a clutch education before switching

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2010, 06:58 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Alright thanks.. I'm going with the ACT streetlite flywheel.
Old Mar 8, 2010, 07:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The member who posted about MT90 oil drives a CT9A (from his signature). MT90, last I checked, is not recommended for the CZ4A due to different metal composition in the drivetrain parts involved. I also remember reading about Redline recommending a mix of couple of its oils for the CZ4A. Only way to find out is to research a bit more before you jump on the redline bandwagon and ask Redline directly if needed. I may be wrong, but just thought you should know about it.
Old Mar 8, 2010, 08:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CatalystGod
The member who posted about MT90 oil drives a CT9A (from his signature). MT90, last I checked, is not recommended for the CZ4A due to different metal composition in the drivetrain parts involved. I also remember reading about Redline recommending a mix of couple of its oils for the CZ4A. Only way to find out is to research a bit more before you jump on the redline bandwagon and ask Redline directly if needed. I may be wrong, but just thought you should know about it.
That'll be me lol, I'd do what is rec above, since both our cars have difference, and I have heard about the additive as well that is rec that you mix it into the MT90 to get the best results, just send redline a quick message and they'll point you in the right direction, its what I did
Old Mar 8, 2010, 08:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
expect to pay about $500 in labor to do the install for the install. Sure you can probably get it done for a bit less, but i'd rather shop around by reputation instead of price for this.

I'd also suggest getting a flywheel and clutch together as a kit instead of pairing them on your own unless you really know what your doing and what results you want/should expect from the pairing.
Old Mar 13, 2010, 12:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd say get an upgraded master cylinder at the same time if you are getting a clutch that has greater clamping force. Either the 8/9 one or the SSP one. There have been a ton of posts on here about guys splitting the master cylinder from increased clutch pressure (from a stronger clutch).

I am leaning toward the Exedy stage 2 Cerametallic, or Fidanza 2.1 Carbon Kevlar, and SSP master cylinder. I still don't know which flywheel I will get. But I will definitely get a lighter one.