Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Need input / reviews on the TTP ACT HD Clutch kit?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2010, 09:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
All the research i have done has led me to the conclusion this is what the "TTP" ACT is, ME1-HDG6, which is just the ACT 6 puck with HD pressure plate. I asked them directly about it and they would not tell me.

Just make sure whatever you pay for the ACT, if you go that route, is no more than the 6 puck from other vendors.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 09:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i assume that 1k is for the parts alone...i mean TTPs clutch and SSP would sum up roughly 1k more or less...i have the same thoughts as clipse3gt..not about to spend more than 1.5k for clutch parts alone..well that's for my initial target for the moment

TTP's ACT clutch kit appears to have good reviews
Old Mar 24, 2010, 07:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Clipse3GT
Thanks for all the replies.

Any issues with the EVO X master cylinders?
Yes! It is an issue with almost all aftermarket clutches with heavier pedal pressure.

Originally Posted by murlo26
I have not seen any threads or heard of the ACT clutches causing the MC to break. Most shops I have talked to all agree the Twin disc's are the ones causing them to go.

I have heard a few people say the stronger ACT's will cause this as well, so you might want to replace it to be safe.

I was involved in testing the SSP MC so I got a good deal on one So I didn't bother researching super in depth, but like I said, most, if not all documented cases are the Exedy Twin's.
Wrong, the earliest cases of the MC's breaking were on the ACT clutches! Even before the Exedy was out for the X. My friend had the MC go in his with a regular ACT street. They can go with any clutch really.

I went with the Exedy Twin HD and installed AMS Reinforcement Ring. It has been almost a year with no issues. The Exedy Twin HD will hold plenty of power for most anyone...500whp+. And it drives better than a 6 puck. The 6 puck may hold another 100hp, but how many of us really get over 600 to the wheels, and who wants the driveability issues?
Old Mar 24, 2010, 08:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by steinvb12
Yes! It is an issue with almost all aftermarket clutches with heavier pedal pressure.

Wrong, the earliest cases of the MC's breaking were on the ACT clutches! Even before the Exedy was out for the X. My friend had the MC go in his with a regular ACT street. They can go with any clutch really.

I went with the Exedy Twin HD and installed AMS Reinforcement Ring. It has been almost a year with no issues. The Exedy Twin HD will hold plenty of power for most anyone...500whp+. And it drives better than a 6 puck. The 6 puck may hold another 100hp, but how many of us really get over 600 to the wheels, and who wants the driveability issues?
Like you said it can happen on any clutch...a big part of it is from the driver and their habits.

So your friend had one go down with an ACT, ok, there's one. I still have heard way more people breaking them with the Twin's.

The 6-pucks aren't hard to drive, if you know how.

And again, its not horsepower that clutches care about, its torque!

Edit: I even say the ACT's can cause it to break...how is that wrong as you said
Old Mar 24, 2010, 11:04 AM
Evolving Member

My wife daily drives with this clutch and she's a tiny little Asian. No driveability issues, as long as you have a left leg you should be able to handle it.
Old Mar 24, 2010, 11:44 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by steinvb12
My friend had the MC go in his with a regular ACT street. They can go with any clutch really.
HD or extreme pressure plate? I've never heard of one letting go on the HD plate. The extreme was pulled from the market for the X due to the MC issue.

All the research i have done has led me to the conclusion this is what the "TTP" ACT is, ME1-HDG6, which is just the ACT 6 puck with HD pressure plate.
The TTP is a full-face disc. From what I could gather it is an Act street disc with slightly more aggressive material used in the pads. When I priced it out it was only a $10 difference so...

Last edited by mlomker; Mar 24, 2010 at 11:47 AM.
Old Mar 24, 2010, 12:38 PM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
All the research i have done has led me to the conclusion this is what the "TTP" ACT is, ME1-HDG6, which is just the ACT 6 puck with HD pressure plate. I asked them directly about it and they would not tell me.
Maybe TTP can clarify this for people.
Old Mar 24, 2010, 02:14 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
TTP = It is a 6 pad disc rated to 650tq
Old Mar 24, 2010, 02:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Clipse3GT
TTP = It is a 6 pad disc rated to 650tq
I really don't think theirs is any different honestly, they almost refused to answer my PM question on what model it is. I don't really blame them since then they couldn't sell it under their name (they did offer to sell me theirs though). But I don' think they could possibly do anything to the 6 puck with HD pressure plate to make it hold any more torque. Rated torque numbers are meaningless anyway since they can vary so much.

I stand by my conclusion that it is just the standard ACT 6 puck with HD pressure plate.