Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Need input / reviews on the TTP ACT HD Clutch kit?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2010, 08:31 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Need input / reviews on the TTP ACT HD Clutch kit?

Like the title states...

Need input / reviews on the TTP ACT HD Clutch kit? From people who use the the TTP clutch kit or ACT clutch kit. Any issues, slipping, chatter, etc...

Thanks for all the replies.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 08:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slight chatter, clutch held up to many 1/4 mile launches and helped me net an 11.8 @117. Great clutch for the price in my opinion.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 09:10 PM
Evolved Member

I have been running my TTP/ACT clutch for over 15k Miles. It holds the power and it does not suffer the lock out issues as some of the other clutches available. I have been driving it with 500+ WTq and 500+ Whp for over 15k miles and it still holds. Great clutch I recommended it!
Old Mar 22, 2010, 09:12 PM
Evolved Member

i recommended it too!
Old Mar 22, 2010, 09:54 PM

TTP ACT HD Clutch -Great Clutch

I don't do to the track much but i still drive the **** out of my car lol. I have had this clutch believe it or not for about 2 years. It held my meth kit setup with 416whp and now my FP red setup with a total of 430whp pump and my E85 setup 500whp ( dule map setup thanx Scott lol) with no problem. It's all on the driver. All clutch's are wear parts but i really feel like i got my money worths. I hope this helps from a daily user.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 06:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, as an X driver, I have the ACT 6 puck sitting waiting to be installed, my Fpred finally took care of my stock clutch at 22k miles. It also has the hd pressure plate and I am doing a streetlite flywheel and SSP MC.

Another local, mlomker has the same clutch, he said it was either on or off but works well. So I figured I would go with it, my tuner recommended it over the exedy twin since he said the twin's don't hold as much power.

So I will let you know. I know Hiboost has this clutch as well and says good things. I think tractionlimit has the street disc version too.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 08:01 AM
Evolved Member

I have it in my car, 551 to the wheels and no issues. Thing grabs like crazy and is very streetable.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 11:30 AM
Account Disabled

Any issues with the EVO X master cylinders?
Old Mar 23, 2010, 11:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Clipse3GT

Any issues with the EVO X master cylinders?
I have not seen any threads or heard of the ACT clutches causing the MC to break. Most shops I have talked to all agree the Twin disc's are the ones causing them to go.

I have heard a few people say the stronger ACT's will cause this as well, so you might want to replace it to be safe.

I was involved in testing the SSP MC so I got a good deal on one So I didn't bother researching super in depth, but like I said, most, if not all documented cases are the Exedy Twin's.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 12:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Yep my 6 puck is still working well and holds all the power (~550 crank HP & ~475 ft torque). When I first got it the clutch was hard to slip very much but during it's mid life it was pretty reasonable. Now torwards it's last 1/3 of life it's starting to narrow down it's ability to slip again although much of that was caused by having to break loose the brake pads and rotors that fused together overnight and parking it in the garage when wet. Now I avoid that of course and it's still working reasonably well.

I never had a MC issues but recently installed the AMS reinforcement ring "just in case" for peace of mind during the Onelap trip.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 08:48 PM
Account Disabled

Thanks again for all the good information and replies.

Looks like a good option for people that don't want to spend a arm and a leg for a clutch.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 08:56 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks again for all the good information and replies.

Looks like a good option for people that don't want to spend a arm and a leg for a clutch.
Honestly, unless you really want a super easy stock like driving twin, my tuner said the ACT 6 pucks (speaking from evo 8/9 experience, lots of them) hold more than the twin's and the twins let loose on the dyno far sooner than the 6 pucks.

He said the twins were great for autocross and smooth driving. BUt more power and drag was 6 puck all the way. Hence why i went 6 puck.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 09:07 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by murlo26
Honestly, unless you really want a super easy stock like driving twin, my tuner said the ACT 6 pucks (speaking from evo 8/9 experience, lots of them) hold more than the twin's and the twins let loose on the dyno far sooner than the 6 pucks.

He said the twins were great for autocross and smooth driving. BUt more power and drag was 6 puck all the way. Hence why i went 6 puck.
I used two different ACT clutches on a different Mitsu car. One a street disc the other a 6 puck HD.

I am looking more towards the full face disc. A little friendlier to drive on a day to day basis. But I will see what TTP offers.

Our unit employs a lighter HD pressure plate with a cerametallic multipadded disc with higher friction coefficient to hold the power. Its sprung hub design makes it driveable on the street and its lighter weight allows it to shift quickly at high rpms.
I never really had issues with ACT, more issues with SPEC, but that's another story.

I am not looking to blow $1500+ on a clutch... that is just silly.

I should be at about 1k with flywheel, clutch kit, and upgraded MC.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 09:09 PM
Evolved Member

I used two different ACT clutches on a different Mitsu car. One a street disc the other a 6 puck HD.

I am looking more towards the full face disc. A little friendlier to drive on a day to day basis. But I will see what TTP offers.

I never really had issues with ACT, more issues with SPEC, but that's another story.

I am not looking to blow $1500+ on a clutch... that is just silly.

I should be at about 1k with flywheel, clutch kit, and upgraded MC.
1k in parts I assume?

Install pretty much doubles it if you don't do your own, but i suspect you will.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 09:25 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by murlo26
1k in parts I assume?

Install pretty much doubles it if you don't do your own, but i suspect you will.
Nah, I got a good quote from BR. But I will still install it myself.

Its just a debate between the ACT TTP vs. Exedy Stage 2.

Choices.

Quick Reply: Need input / reviews on the TTP ACT HD Clutch kit?