Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Evo X with a VAREX tip?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2010, 11:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo X with a VAREX tip?

Hello every one I am trying to find out if I could get a VAREX muffler installed on my evo x because lately I have been running in to trouble with my local police late at night with the loudness of my muffler. Right now I have installed a AMS HFC and Buschur Racing Evo X 3" SS Dual Catback Exhaust w/ Quiet Muffler. I was wondering if the VAREX muffler would be ably to quiet the car enough or if there is a better option out there. Thanks in advance to any help because I really want to fix this before I get a ticket
Old Apr 2, 2010, 11:45 PM

Bump
Old Apr 4, 2010, 07:54 AM
Evolved Member

There are tons of options for quiet exhausts including buschur cross flow. I have a Tsudo catback which I got because of a ticket I got in NY because of my previous loud exhaust. I haven't had any problems with the Tsudo. I'm going to be selling it for $300 shipped anywhere in the US.
Old Apr 4, 2010, 07:01 PM

DVDee where are you located in NY?
Old Apr 4, 2010, 07:38 PM
Evolved Member

The cops must not have anything better to do, i have the exact exhaust but with a test pipe. I dont think its not loud at all, I like the way it sound. You know you can put the stock Cat back on and it will quiet it up a bit.
Old Apr 4, 2010, 08:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by monkey_187
The cops must not have anything better to do, i have the exact exhaust but with a test pipe. I dont think its not loud at all, I like the way it sound. You know you can put the stock Cat back on and it will quiet it up a bit.
it's a matter of opinion. i had it before and i can tell you "quiet" is the last thing that comes to my mind. i don't know about their crossflow, but the videos suggest the tone is exactly the same as the previous "quiet" one, although i can't make a judgment on loudness of it.
Old Apr 5, 2010, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by monkey_187
I don't want to put in the stock cat agian and restrict exausht flow that's why I am was looking at the varex tips because I can still have 3 inch outlet but at the same time keep it quiet aroun town and at night.