Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Road Course racing - what turbo would you do?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2010, 07:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CBRD
Let me know if we can help,

we have a few options Id be more than happy to discuss with you.

cheers

cb
Chad, I still may end up going with the killer deal we had talked about...the only thing that worried me slightly was the fact that the setup didn't have surge ports and would be near the surge threshold.

I wish i had enough money to buy the one we talked about and the FP i am looking at and test em both...i am determined to find a stock frame turbo that can perform like the 8/9 ones. My local dyno an FPgreen made more torque and whp than my FPred at 2psi less I was sad...but i am spinning 10.5" wheels and 275 tires, lol. So we were roughly the same power I would think.

Dave
Old Jun 16, 2010, 07:46 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would go with a 35r since it will be a dedicated track car. The 35r is still very streetable too. My ETS kit has been great not one issue as of yet. Its been on the car since November of last year. As far as heat goes I retained the factory heatshieldding against the firewall, added a turbo blanket, and wrapped my downpipe with heat wrap. With these my heat containment has been extremely successful. As far as spool with stock cams I was getting 26psi around 4200-4400 RPMs. If this is a dedicated track car I would honestly get the built block and the turbo kit put on at the same time. Also be sure to get an adequate fuel system aligned with future goals. For example I will have to replace my 1000s and probably add another pump when the time comes to bump it up to 35-40psi. Most importantly just be patient and do not rush the project if anything the aftermarket parts and R&D for the X will only get better as time progresses.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 07:48 AM
Evolved Member

Chad, ygpm.

Murlo, I'm guessing he talked about building one that'll flow ~63lbs? It sounded enticing to me too, but the black is 65 and doesnt seem like it'll get there at the low boost I want.

My fingers are crossed that chad has that 33r kit in beta and is looking for a happy customer to buy and test her out. I figure that'll give me the spool and the power I desire. But who knows.

RU EVO, you're retune with Ivey is this weekend correct? I remember you weren't happy with akuma's much lower numbers after cam install.

And it will become a dedicated track car in a few years, for now it's also my DD (though we take my fiance's car most everywhere).

Last edited by chkmgnt59; Jun 16, 2010 at 07:50 AM.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 07:59 AM
Evolving Member

RU EVO, you're retune with Ivey is this weekend correct? I remember you weren't happy with akuma's much lower numbers after cam install.

It was last Saturday, but before the tuner put it on the dyno we looked it over and he thinks the meth line in the coupler before the throttle body is causing a boost leak which would explain the terrible lag I am getting. So we are going to weld the meth line in the LICP and get a new hose to the TB. I am getting re-tuned at Krazy House Customs, but the tuner is a guy named Pete aka Petey Turbo. Akuma's numbers were low for the most part b/c he only rev'd it to 6800 and this boost leak was present which would've killed my TQ and eventually the HP b/c its a function of TQ. I did not think of a boost leak at the time b/c I was getting full 28psi, but b/c the 35r is so big it make the target pressure it will just have to work harder. The working harder is the lag.

Last edited by RU EVO; Jun 16, 2010 at 08:03 AM.