Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Eric Morse: Official Evo X Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2010, 11:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would stay away from the Dom2, its surges a lot, get an FPgreen if you want that size turbo. Honestly, any of the other stock frames I would recommend over that...Fpred/green BBX/bbx lite.

Also I would say use a 3 port instead of the MBC, but MBC's aren't the worst idea out there.

I'd also say don't get the MX1's. Many trusted shops always recommend the kelford stage 2's or if you want big power the GSC s2's are great.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 12:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Dom does seems like a bad choice unless you got one for cheap. If you're running road course (guessing since you're looking at suspension) then a Red or BBX might be your best choice. They both make some pretty stupid power on E85 and the spool advantage of the smaller turbos doesn't matter that much at track rpms.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 01:12 PM
Evolved Member

If you're having Buschur do the tune, are they also doing the turbo install? They have a good t3 kit, and give you the choice of a few blouch, PTE and FP turbos. https://secure.buschurracing.com/cat...oducts_id=1560
Old Aug 3, 2010, 06:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by murlo26
I would stay away from the Dom2, its surges a lot, get an FPgreen if you want that size turbo. Honestly, any of the other stock frames I would recommend over that...Fpred/green BBX/bbx lite.

Also I would say use a 3 port instead of the MBC, but MBC's aren't the worst idea out there.

I'd also say don't get the MX1's. Many trusted shops always recommend the kelford stage 2's or if you want big power the GSC s2's are great.
I was told to stay away from the GSC SC2's which is origionally what I wanted and was told the MX1s were hands down the best power making cam by buschur same with the dom 2.0 over the fp red, which I also origionally wanted to go with......

I am not having buschur install anything I was going to put it all together and have them send me a safe map to drive it up there which I was told that they would not be able to do for me. So thinking about it now I'd have to do a mail tune deal like Jestr tuning on the entire car and just never know the power level to see if I'm making my goals or not, which isn't to terribly important but when your about to drop almost 10grand in parts on a brand new car you kinda want to know what its making.

So if I toss in the S2's and fp red on e85 with DW 1300's will I crack 500whp?
Old Aug 3, 2010, 06:15 PM
Evolving Member

Id say wait for the fp black to get done all of its testing.Its already doing 530whp on pump gas and their is more left in this thing from what I read. Im also a big fan of GSC cams so id stick with the S2's. I see your list of parts but I dont see any internal work for the engine. With parts like you have in your list and a stock engine its only a matter of time before you have blown new car. The X is nothing like the 8 or the 9 with cast iron block that could hold 500+whp stock all day long. Think about looking into some rods, rings, pistons the rest of the internals before you think about 500+whp.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 06:32 PM
Evolved Member

Are you sure they suggested the Blouch Dom 2, and not the Blouch GT600r? The MX-1's should be fine. Juns and GSC cams could be better, but unless you're fully rebuilding a stroker or something, I'd settle with MX-1's for the price.

but yea, if you're trying to go with a bolt-on turbo... bbx > fp red > dom 2 imo.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 06:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by V8HAHA
Id say wait for the fp black to get done all of its testing.Its already doing 530whp on pump gas and their is more left in this thing from what I read. Im also a big fan of GSC cams so id stick with the S2's. I see your list of parts but I dont see any internal work for the engine. With parts like you have in your list and a stock engine its only a matter of time before you have blown new car. The X is nothing like the 8 or the 9 with cast iron block that could hold 500+whp stock all day long. Think about looking into some rods, rings, pistons the rest of the internals before you think about 500+whp.

Thanks for the imput!
I looked into the Black but I can't wait that long I need the car running perfect before the end of the month. Whenever the stock block goes i'm gonna swap to a big turbo and built motor as well as shep trans/tc/diff. But untill that time comes I want 500whp stock block. I'd do it all at once but I need to get a replacement daily driver and put some $ into my bike.

What is everyone running rpm wise with cams and the BR dual valve spring kit? 8500rpm?

Last edited by 2LOFD3ATH; Aug 3, 2010 at 06:39 PM.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 07:17 PM
Evolved Member

On stock rods, your car will not last long at all at close to 500whp and 8500rpms...the rods are the weak point.

Are you going to be on pump gas? Because you ain't getting to 500whp on pump gas with any of the turbo's out there besides maybe the black.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 07:37 PM
Evolving Member

On stock rods, your car will not last long at all at close to 500whp and 8500rpms...the rods are the weak point.

Are you going to be on pump gas? Because you ain't getting to 500whp on pump gas with any of the turbo's out there besides maybe the black.
I'm aiming for 500 with e85 and low 400s on 93.
I thought gates went thru 2 seasons with a stock block making well over 400wheel.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 09:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Eric Morse
I'm aiming for 500 with e85 and low 400s on 93.
I thought gates went thru 2 seasons with a stock block making well over 400wheel.
400whp is one thing...and he made it thru one season, put a rod through his block the second season, just like me

The Fpred (black when it comes out) or bbx might get you to 500whp with a good setup...the dom2 and green will not.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 05:47 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Eric Morse
Thanks for the imput!
I looked into the Black but I can't wait that long I need the car running perfect before the end of the month. Whenever the stock block goes i'm gonna swap to a big turbo and built motor as well as shep trans/tc/diff. But untill that time comes I want 500whp stock block. I'd do it all at once but I need to get a replacement daily driver and put some $ into my bike.

What is everyone running rpm wise with cams and the BR dual valve spring kit? 8500rpm?
Yeah I here you but the risk of block damage is their. Then insted of rebuilding your buying a new block and maybe even a new head. Your talking 8-10k more for a build you could have done much cheaper if you had just done it the first time around.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 06:12 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by V8HAHA
Yeah I here you but the risk of block damage is their. Then insted of rebuilding your buying a new block and maybe even a new head. Your talking 8-10k more for a build you could have done much cheaper if you had just done it the first time around.

Yeah, you are right. I guess i'll see how it feels on 93 and hopefully it will be enough power to keep me hapy for spending the money. Right now I guess its at 250wheel which is absoutely pathetic and I can't stand it haha. I'm guessing another 180-200hp will feel nice and maby won't do e85 at all then and stress the hell out of the motor.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 09:46 AM
Evolved Member

Honestly my vote would be go to e85 stock turbo setup first....I think that is the best way to have a lot of power and still be on the safer side. I miss the simplicity of my stock turbo e85 setup.

Sure it falls on its face at like 6k rpms, but it was still fun.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 11:34 AM
Evolving Member

Honestly my vote would be go to e85 stock turbo setup first....I think that is the best way to have a lot of power and still be on the safer side. I miss the simplicity of my stock turbo e85 setup.

Sure it falls on its face at like 6k rpms, but it was still fun.

That right there is my issue. I am used to driving cars that pull all the way to revlimiter and pull best near the celing. The stock turbo is nothing but midrange which sucks on the track.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 11:41 AM
Evolved Member

Well an E85 FPred is an awesome setup...but be warned, it can destroy your rods.

Quick Reply: Eric Morse: Official Evo X Build Thread